Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mmmm Nitrous

LORD_ED

just got some nitrous in the celica . celica loves nitrous! i also love the purge valvbes so i have ha dto take th ebottle out so i dont waste £55 worth of gas

looking forward to the pod on sunday

also found out a new garage - Nitrous soloutions decent blokes know there stuff have a rolling road and builkd drag racers in there spare time, think ill be using them in future

got a zex dry kit with 2 bottles and 2 puge valves only running 55bhp jet at moment untill i know the engine can take more

got a zex dry kit with 2 bottles and 2 puge valves only running  55bhp jet at moment untill i know the engine can take more

If your running a dry kit how are you getting the extra fuel in or does the Zex kit tell the injectors to pump extra fuel when at WOT and gas on?

All the nitrous kits ive ever fitted have been wet systems ive just considered them to be safer with less chance of burning a hole in a piston (unless you have forged pistons)

Often been curious about nitrous, is it worth it?

In my opinion, no.

It depends on what your goals are. If you are satisified with a momentary increase in power every now and then, it could be worth it, but it is hard on your motor unless it's built specially for it.

It's certainly less expensive than forced induction, but you get what you pay for. A supercharger will give you about the same kick in the pants as a 50 shot, only you get it all the time and there is far less risk of engine damage. Though with a super or turbocharger you would have to lay out more money to install and your fuel economy would likely decrease and you'd have to run premium fuel in most cases.

I don't have either, but if I am going to spend any money on a performance gain, I want that gain 100% of the time, not just when I push a little button and then only for a short time. Just MHO though.

I agree with some of what Scionic has said about Nitrous be a cheap opition rather than forced induction As i had a MR2 N/A 3SGE engine running on a wet system with 75 shot and it was big smiles until the gas run out and i was running that for 2 years and when i striped the engine there was no damage done to the engine.

But then got a MR2 turbo 3SGTE rev1 and just alone with no nitrous it was still quicker than the N/A with the gas on and i didnt have to fill bottles with expensive Nitrous oxide every other week as the power was there all the time.

But as for nitrous being hard on your engine i disagree with that as if the engine is strong it will be ok as long as you dont go silly with it and use a progressive contoller.

If the engine blows on nitrous it will be due to the mixture being set wrong when on gas so you get a lean burn and melt a piston

If the ignition system is faulty it can do damage as when fitting nitrous its best to fit some high heat range plugs a good set of HT leads and make sure the distriutor cap and rotor arm is in good condition and making sure the timing is right as you do not want it pinking as damage can occour from this.

With all this checked and done and the engine still blows it will more than likely be from a weak engine and it would have blown at some point anyway without the gas.

As ive said before Nitrous is a cheaper option but if i had a choice of nitrous and a turbo or supercharger id take the turbo or suoercharger every time.

Not to put down your car LORD ED you will love being on the gas and will grin from ear to ear evry time you use it but its addictive and it wont be long before you go for bigger Shots.

Be intresting to see some times with and without gas and compare the two.

Im sure the company who did your car know what they are doing but id would ask the about how you are getting the extra fuel in just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:

the kit adjust the fule mixture automatically cant remember how but u change fueling jet as well as no jet. i also have a safc so when i use the gas i run it rich. Running trd Iridium plugs(7) with megaleads 8mm leads and new rotor and dizzy. i love turbo i miss my 200sx but at moment i dont have one (i looked at a 300zx today though)

im only goin to use the gas for 1/4 miles as the car is fast enough on road as it is so ill post some times with and without on sunday night

also the i only paid £700 for it (2 bottles 2 custom purge valves, installation) cant say no

also i love my purge valves went to get a dvd last night pulled up load of chavs sat in market place quick purge of gas they just stop and stare..... i like showing off to chavs :-)

Sounds like you got a good and safe set up i'll give you month before you fit bigger jets :D

But would suggest a progressive controller if you are going for bigger jets in the future.

Best of luck post some times up when you 1/4 run

Enjoy :thumbsup:

I'll give it a mpnth before it ends up like the sera :) lol

Only joking mate!

I gotta try it out sometime! :D