Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Virus

breezer

Not too sure on the details but theres a bluetooth virus going around. I dont have a bluetooth phone but i heard from my mate that there is one going around. All i can tell you is that its probably sourced from off the internet via downloading, and then sent to other phones when sharing via bluetooth.

The thing it does is that rings phone numbers, but you are unaware of this. Phone numbers which cost like £3 a minute. And you will not know this until your bill comes through or when your top up credit starts dramatically falling.

Just a little warning.

oh god, only the stupid people will fall for this and

you cant have a pee without some kind of scare going around

How can it dial? you can't B'tooth anything to a phone without the other side accepting it. and then it's have to be a big Java file.

You'd then have to find the file and manually run it for it to do anything ..

Some people will believe anything ..

complete rubbish! total hoax! as on the comments of previous people

Yeah I dont get how it can dial and not show up on your phone..surely if you went to use it and it had dialled some premium rate line at the same time then the two would cross and the line would be taken up... :unsure:

duno! someone could look it up, i have no reason to lie.....

just going on what a mate said!

You can get into certain phones without them having to physically accept it, some phones will auto accept, plus most people love receiving stuff and will accept anyway, jus try sending a random picture via bluetooth next time your on the train in a pub etc, people ignore the 'never accept anything off a stranger' rule 99% of the and time accept what your sending.

and once in the phone thats apparently when you can tag extra files etc into the phone, its just a case of being brazen and playing on peoples naivety, scarilly you can do it from a fair distance with the most recent phones and devices the bluetooth on my laptop can do about 50meters, (it claims 100 but Im not convinced)

So I guess its worth keeping an open mind about these things, we live in an age where things we think would never happen do and technology is moving quicker than ever!!

Fair point but I'm not convinced. Then again, I don't accept bluetooth from just anybody.

Its not a virus, its just a case of finding a digital phone which will accpept data (most phones sold today do this). which you then pair with your laptop or palm (or similar) and use it to dial the number ie as if dialing up to the net. its totally and absolutelly possible!!

But you would be aware of what it was doing, wouldn't you?

Most people who are well up on bluetooth yes. but a large number who are curious interested etc etc may well not be aware. I guess it would be these people who get caught out. and if you do pair your phones by misake nothing remains sacred even your photo files are accessible :o

yeah this is a hoax, your mates full of it, the only thing any type of mobile virus can do is make your phone act up or lock up, anything do do with altering calls setup locks the sim unless you have a chipped mobile, phone companies dont want you makin free calls do they?

You haven't heard this story then?

There have been rumours, but I haven't seen any firm evidence. As always with security, it helps to be a bit paranoid.

Paul.

How does ' :censor: ' get through the filter?

Surely you need an OS to get a virus, so PDA's, yeah, maybe..

Maybe a file that changes your firmware so make the mobile lockup etc..

A 'rogue dialer' on a mobile... Doubt it

Mobile phones do have operating systems! newer nokia's run symbian, other phones run windows mobile etc etc.

It's still :censor: though.

Mobile phones do have operating systems! newer nokia's run symbian, other phones run windows mobile etc etc.

I know that!, im trying to say your 'normal' mobile phone has no chance of getting a virus [mine has little or no chance of getting a txt message at the best of times.. :crybaby: ] ..

I know that!, im trying to say your 'normal' mobile phone has no chance of getting a virus [mine has little or no chance of getting a txt message at the best of times.. :crybaby: ] ..

Thats not how your post comes accross ;)

Surely you need an OS to get a virus, so PDA's, yeah, maybe..

To me that says you are saying phones don't have an O/S, but PDA's do, which is not true, seeing as some phones share the same OS as PDA's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links