29 members have voted

1. 1. What are your work ethics?

• I work to live.
    • I live to work.
    • I work to support a family.
    • I work to support a habit.
    • I dont work
    • Anything else.

Just curious really. The way my job`s going at the moment i wonder why i work at all. Usual story. Maximum effort and input from my staff and myself (We`re currently 60% understaffed) and bog all appreciation from management. Why do we do it? :crybaby:

100% work to live!

anyone who lives to work is a fool

im just interested in making the most amount of money possible to fund my car, and lifestyle :)

If you work to live like the majority of us..........MAKE SURE you take a break and do the living you are working to achieve. Or you may not see what you want to see and do what you want to do.............

DONT BURN OUT :thumbsup:

Definately work to live!!

Altho at this moment I too am thinking why bother, see my post about Statutory Sick Pay to see why..

My Work pays to fund the Blue, and everything else that I enjoy :D

my nuber one sayings;

"lads!........ dont exert your self."

and

"LATE?? im not rushing to work and dieing for you bas**rds!"

the second one also apply when doing a very dangerous job.

Redundant since January, but not looking seriously till after JAE :rolleyes: .

Can't let work get in the way of toc meets ;)

Will need to get something before the insurances expire, then it will purely be to earn more money for the car and toc meets :thumbsup:

I work to live. Not got the greatest lifestyle in the World but I'm more fortunate than many and work hard to keep it that way. OK, I like my job too. I do think that helps a lot but it gets me down at times when some of the kids I teach are disrespectful to me or others (their classmates included) and deliberately make things difficult. Can't stand those teachers who say "Oh, I love my work and would do it even for less money". Yes, of course, they would! Maybe I'm getting old. :rolleyes:

When things get tough or my bosses are being difficult, I think of a treat coming up, like a weekend in a nice hotel, and that gets me through it. :thumbsup:

I work to live but I also work to learn!

This company has big plans for me - I plan to live out those big plans - and have a great time at it!

I enjoy my job, but come 5pm I'm out of that door! I dont live to work - I have better things to do with my spare time! :D

I chose anything else... This is a bit of a tricky subject for me at the moment...

I love what I do, but it seems at the minute that every time we are within touching the goal it gets moved to the other end of the pitch. All in my depatment are working really had and we're understaffed by at least one person (quite a significant percentage when there are only five of you!). It really gets me down that we're just not appreciated as much as we should be <_<

On the other hand, my old man's still waiting for me to decide whether I want to take over his company when he retires (in a couple of years time). The money's good (far better than I could ever make as a designer), but do I really want to do it? There are loads of other side issues too - just to complicate matters. Stuff like locations and - and I'm very aware of this - other people's views on my appointment. :(

I think I've just given myself a headache thinking about it again :lol:

It would give me more holidays too... Oh b :censor: s, here I go again :ffs:

:thumbsup:

A

gordypix Posted Today, 06:32 PM

If you work to live like the majority of us..........MAKE SURE you take a break and do the living you are working to achieve. Or you may not see what you want to see and do what you want to do.............

Well said :thumbsup:

I work to live, to get me to the stage where I can be lucky enough to live to work.

And its progressing slowly and its incredibly hard work!

yet another that works to live...cant wait for 4.30 to clock out and come home.

i like driving round in nice cars while at work but i'd rather be driving my own car home.

I voted work to live but I don't really as my parents still look after me I suppose. I work to fund my car and to be able to do all the things you should do when you are young like get drunk and party!

I go to uni aswell so only work part time! :thumbsup:

But I suppose I do work to live cos without my job I'd have no car and no life! :thumbsup:

I work because it makes me appreciate my freetime more.

( oh.....and it pays for the mortgage, 2 cars, cat food etc...)

I live to work because otherwise i would be up the creek without a boat, never mind a paddle!

I work because it makes me appreciate my freetime more.

( oh.....and it pays for the mortgage, 2 cars, cat food etc...)

Spot on there matey!

Although in our house - the cat food comes first! :lol::lol:

I don't work right now. Job got eliminated from the budget 6 months after I moved myself to Arizona from Washington DC.

Right now I am pondering a career change. Considering teaching actually. I need something more rewarding than IT support. It's nice to get paid $50k a year to help people with printer problems and listen to them b*tch about their e-mail, but it isn't very rewarding or satisfying. After 5 years I really don't care to hear primadonna executives whine and moan anymore. The job did nothing to utilize my communication/writing skills or my creativity and it was really beginning to eat away at me. I'm ready to accept a decline in my standard of living just so I can have a job that means something to the world, where I can actually help people.

official student bum :D i dont work, well unless u want to count uni work in return for a nice student loan which supports me and my car :P

Fair point there Scionic. Although work is generally a necessity for affording to live, there's a hell of a lot to be said for job satisfaction. You only live once......might as well enjoy it !

Rich