Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Big Run And A Few Problems Found On My Rav

ulysse

Just been away for a week and found a few problems with my RAV4. Anyone else had these?

The ventilation pours through the vents even when the system is turned off at speed. I do agree all cars have a bit of leakage but this poured through!

When parking the car on a hill with the front 'up' the sunroof pours water in (yes, I went to the lake district, it rained lots! I should of known having been born there!). We have never parked on a slope overnight before. When parked back 'up' there was a little bit of water and the next night none.

Apart from that the car was good and was very good off road :cacker:

I will be visiting the garage on monday to discuss these problems!

What year is the RAV - think the sunroof is a known fault - never heard of the ventilation one but sounds like the direction cable may be detached ...

My Rav is same modelyear. The direction cable seems to be broken.

Had similar problem a few months back.

You can adjust the direction by giving it a helping hand. Reach under the dash by your left foot and find the lever for the relevant cable ---it is very easy to move and adjust the direction.

Very easy to replace cables and assembly.

Just been away for a week and found a few problems with my RAV4.  Anyone else had these?

The ventilation pours through the vents even when the system is turned off at speed.  I do agree all cars have a bit of leakage but this poured through!

When parking the car on a hill with the front 'up' the sunroof pours water in (yes, I went to the lake district, it rained lots! I should of known having been born there!). We have never parked on a slope overnight before. When parked back 'up' there was a little bit of water and the next night none.

Apart from that the car was good and was very good off road :cacker:

I will be visiting the garage on monday to discuss these problems!

The roof leak is most likely to be the drain tubes - guess if it under warranty garage will do it all - if not you may be able to see the tube ends by pulling off the door seals along the top edge and peering over the headling.

Let us know how you get on ...