Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thumping Noise

corolla1996

I have a 1996 corolla, and for the past few months I've been hearing a loud thumping(knocking) noise coming from the driver side of front tire. The noise comes and goes. Can anyone tell me what it is? Any help is greatly appreciated.

if its when you turn, it could be your steering gator, other than that im not sure mate

Ball joint, suspension bushes, trackrod end, top strut mount, wheel bearing (normally a grinding noise though). cv joint, drive shaft, or possibly a faulty tyre... get the car to a garage ASAP and get it checked.

Is it affected by turning the wheel or more by driving over undulations in the road?

I was thinking tierod end or strut mount as well.

I would try to isolate it more exactly, as far as what I asked above. Is it affected by turning the wheel back and forth or affected more by bumps in the road, make a few notes and then have it looked at by a professional. If it comes and goes it may be hard for them to isolate and fix, so the more information you can give them the better. Good luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links