Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Great News, Sports Cat Finally Fitted!

Envy Performance Ltd

Right Great news I finally took some time out on Sunday to finish off my T-Sport Sport Cat system and to say I am pleased with the results is an understatement. :thumbsup:

The car feels a lot more responsive and free reving, Wow and the noise is awesome you get proper pop backs when you let off the gas! Certainly brought a smile to my face, I love it!

The best bit of all is the car sailed throught the emmisions test so no hassle at MOT time!

The car was also suprisingly quiet around town and at crusing speed. Its only when you floor it that the beast comes to life! :eek: :D

Here's the pics:

pipe2.jpg

sportcat1.jpg

sportcat.jpg

sportcat2.jpg

pipe.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envy Performance Ltd

• admanirv

• clarky

• scionic

OOps, missed off the MOT Print out! I thought it may have been a tight call but it sailed through. Makes you wonder why Toyota went to the trouble of fitting 2 cats but I think it may have do do with tight noise regulations on new cars.

MOTPrintout.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

How easy is it to take the normal cat out, and how much?

Im definatly interested!

Normal cat just needs cut out in the middle of the 2 sensors. I was thinking about de catting but not doing it anymore.

Garages normally take the exhaust system down from the car so it easier to cut its a 2 sec job to cut, but taking off exhaust is another stotry, welding on sports cat shouldnt be a problem but i think they'll still have to take exuast off probably when i had my car on ramps

a 2 hour job so id say about £80-90 installation.

Kevin, what about the engine management light issue on or off? and price? :)

how long was installation time, coz i may get a sport cats. i dont think performance will be increase by much tho?

Well its not an easy Job. It has taken me several days of R&D to design the pipe work to get an nice tight fit and to ensure the pipework mates up with all the flanges and necessary joins. Now I have made a mock up and proved it works (Performance/emisions) I am now looking to produce the full system in somekind of Quantity.

I just need to get an idea of numbers so I can buy in enough sport cats and so I can by the pipework in bulk to get the price down.

Thanks

Kevin

Im definatly interested!

I have put around 100 miles on the car and no check engine light so far, I am not really expecting one either.

I have been really surprised by the performance the car seems quiet a bit quicker, its certainly the best power modification I have done so far. Far more noticable than the gain from the Induction kit and back box.

I would really like to get it on a rolling road to see what its putting out.

The new pipework on the system is wider than the stock system and is fully stainless so should last a life time.

Thanks

Kevin

Im definatly interested!

Normal cat just needs cut out in the middle of the 2 sensors. I was thinking about de catting but not doing it anymore.

Garages normally take the exhaust system down from the car so it easier to cut its a 2 sec job to cut, but taking off exhaust is another stotry, welding on sports cat shouldnt be a problem but i think they'll still have to take exuast off probably when i had my car on ramps

a 2 hour job so id say about £80-90 installation.

Kevin, what about the engine management light issue on or off? and price? :)

how long was installation time, coz i may get a sport cats. i dont think performance will be increase by much tho?

I really need to get an idea on Quantites first so I can work out a price. The Cats come from a contact I have in Asia. They cost a fortune over here so I will need to buy them in bulk from abroad. I would be happy to organise an intial Group buy. If people could register their interest on this thread we could get things kicked off.

Thanks

Kevin

Quality let us know the price kit details etc

Will it be bolt on kev, i like my DIY work lol

You can register me down, providing its less than 100 quid?

I really dont have a clue what sport cats cost

ha £100 more like 200-300 id say

Damn.... :crybaby:

Cool, you said you were getting on the case Kevin.

Any chance of a rolling road? Or havn't you got one up Envy? You got the sports cat, fuji, have you put the induction on yet? I can't remember.

Damn.... :crybaby:

I know but i can gurarantee its more than £200, it the performance cost trade off, im waiting to see what peformance will be like, but i dont think its going to be much.

Anyways time will tell, and kev knows his stuff

Nope a rolling road is on my wish list but I have not got one at the moment, they cost a small fortune.

I have a Race header, sports Cat and "Fujitsubo Power Getter". I have a Blitz LM Induction kit.

Thanks

Kevin

Cool, you said you were getting on the case Kevin.

Any chance of a rolling road? Or havn't you got one up Envy? You got the sports cat, fuji, have you put the induction on yet? I can't remember.

LOL the sports Cats cost me around £150 each cost price + Shipping, so thats out the question!

The whole system will be in the region of around £300 depending on quantities.

Thanks

Kevin

Lol, no worries Tom, it happens to me all the time! :P

Can I put your name down as interested then?

Thanks

Kevin

5+ Would be ideal. I could then make a few more up to hold in stock.

Thanks

Kevin

How many do you need?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links