Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Great News, Sports Cat Finally Fitted!

Envy Performance Ltd

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envy Performance Ltd

• admanirv

• clarky

• scionic

A 12 paragraph explaination of backpressure doesn't make you smart, it just makes you a good typist. You seem to have an excellent grasp on this stuff though, which really makes me wonder about some of your conclusions...

If backpressure wasn't necessary every car in the world would come with huge pipes. Cars with smaller displacement would not come with proportionally smaller exhaust systems. I do agree with much of what you said though, it could be as simple as the choice of OEM camshafts being a compromise one way or the other. However, why would Toyota not ship the Yaris with a 4 inch diameter pipe coming out the engine if that's all they need to do to add power?

I agree that a sports cat could give some gains, but they'd be tiny and only at high RPM's. I have no problem believing that Envy could get +10 bhp from all his mods combined. I think that's a realistic number, I would not argue with that.

As long as no ones thinking they are going to get 5-10 bhp from a sports cat and 15 more from an induction system then I have nothing to argue with.

A 12 paragraph explaination of backpressure doesn't make you smart, it just makes you a good typist.

Thanks for assuring me you really didn't get a thing of what was said. And I'm without doubt the worlds lousiest typist.

You seem to have an excellent grasp on this stuff though, which really makes me wonder about some of your conclusions...

Hahahaha, you are so funny. Maybe you really should learn to properly study things before spouting your unfounded conclusions and "think" they are proper and solid facts.

Ever thought about manufacturing costs? Not to forget pollution, both air and noise?

Bye, Yves.

I guess the rest of the automotive world and I, will just have to disagree with Yves.

Go eat some mayonaise and chips.

hehe... yeah... Yaris would definatelly be a more popular city car if it made as much noise as a tank... ;)

I guess the rest of the automotive world and I, will just have to disagree with Yves.

Go eat some mayonaise and chips.

Bwahahaha, you wouldn't even recognise "the automotive world" if it bit you up the back part.

Have a greaseburger yourself.

Yves.

shhzzz this thread is getting bored. Okay were going to get some gains from sports cat, may not be much but will give some gains.

I think everyone knows you aint going to get some magical figures and mind blowing gains on a yaris, even more with single mods on there own. Lots of mods coupled will boost gains.

But hey its peoples money if it makes them happy so what!

If i went through with it then i wouldn't be bothered if it didn't have any 'real' performance gains, but if i can get a much better sound whilst still being legal and have a bit of a better response from throttle inputs then im perfectly happy.

Come on guys play nice were all aloud to have are different opinions. Thats why you both joined the club to have friendly discussions about cars etc etc. So please stop picking at each other or this thread will be closed.

jerry!!

Come on guys play nice were all aloud to have are different opinions. Thats why you both joined the club to have friendly discussions about cars etc etc. So please stop picking at each other or this thread will be closed.

jerry!!

The man has spoken.

Right back on Topic. I have spoken with my fabricator at the weekend and it looks as though I can do a 2 1/4 inch sports cat system for the T-Sport. The system will be made from 304 stainless steel and will be manderel bent so will have no changes in internal diameter.

I have added up all the costs involved and I believe I can do 3-5 systems for £350 and for over five systems I can do them for £325. I will need an £80 deposit on this GB to cover the costs of the sport CAT that I will need to order up front.

Those who were orginally interested are:

Clarky

Kimi

Macca.17

Vitzpower

Dimitrios

Chuck

If those of you who are still interested could please add your name below, we will take things forward from there. Delivery will be around 2-3 weeks from receipt of the deposit.

Thanks

Kevin

Hey kev, could you tell me what is involved in changing the cats!

I understand there is two cats being replaced by one single cat!

Does this mean that custom pipework needs to be made up to fill where one of the previous cats went and then the hi flow cat replaces the other!

I am interested in buying a hi flow cat will you have them in stock in a few weeks as i am unable to commit to buy presently!

Thanks

CB :thumbsup:

Right Kev can we start again please :rolleyes:

as there has been so much agro on this thread i've lost the plot of what we are buying :wacko:

can you give me details of what we are getting?

and any idea of how loud this will be?

thanks

Kim x

as I said from the beginning I am only interested if I see a dyno test before and after this specific mod.

Thanks kev.

Kimi,the sports cat will help your car a lot,but you would need to reprogram it to get the best results.A unichip would do the job!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links