Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Race Manifolds Now In Stock.

Envy Performance Ltd

Efhareesto parakalo! :lol:

I like the Trodos Mountains. My car overheated there last time I was out that way, but I stopped at a lovely taverna and had some Comandaria which made it all OK. :thumbsup:

Kali-neeta then (or probably Kali-mera to you all now!)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dimitrios

• scionic

• seveer unaek

• RossP

Eimai egglezos stin kypro! Alla kanei me ta ellinika allios tha pellanoun edo se ligo! kai nai, gamwto! ;)

I am very proud you learn greek mate.How come?

Been in Cyprus 11 years this june...You kind of pick it up eventually whenyou have lessons everyday atschool and then live in a village that doesn't have hardly any english people in it!

Do you know if I can take to the court the city council for damages on my car from the streets?My suspension is really nacked from this f**cking speed ramps and humps.

If you're meaning here, the yes, you can, but it's an incredibly difficult and tedious procedure which rarely results in success. To be successful, it's got to be a specific pothole which you know damaged your car.... you got to take photo's of it for evidence with say, a ruler inside it to show size of it. Also dated pics of the damage to your car and preferably witness reports.

It's a tough thing is getting compensation from our council's! Tax payers pay millions in council tax, road tax etc and our roads are still sh*te. Does my head in!

basically you neglect the fact that I have a foreigh car with foreign insurance,things work very differently in my country.I have Greek insurance.

ah - OK.

your location says UK - never realised you were on a foreign insurance policy.

I give you an example.Lets say you are driving on the motorway doing 70 mph.

And a pedestrian comes out of nowhere,you hit him and he dies.In the UK you dont have a problem.In my country you go to jail,it is the driver's faylt ALWAYS,pedestrians have always priority.

I dont quite understand how it works from your example.

How about this one.

You crash into me - you are driving a bit too close / fast - I brake, and you crash into me.

We are both uninjured - but both cars are badly damaged and written off - but it was clearly your fault*

I obviously claim against your insurance policy, and I get a replacement vehicle - this is fine, as your 3rd party insurance would cover that.

But - what would happen to your car?

It has been written off, and your insurance does not cover your car at all - only third parties.

How do you get a replacement vehicle?

* I appreciate you said that "There is no case in the Greek Courts that in an accident involving 2 or more cars only one of the drivers is 100% responsible." - but we are both in the UK - and you can very defintely be found 100% responsible for an accident.

In fact - in the example I used, you would be very, very lucky to not be found 100% responsible.

Not looking to argue with you mate - I legitimately do not understand how your insurance works, and would like to know.

I legitimately do not understand how your insurance works, and would like to know.

I second that... confuses me no end!

basically you neglect the fact that I have a foreigh car with foreign insurance,things work very differently in my country.I have Greek insurance.

ah - OK.

your location says UK - never realised you were on a foreign insurance policy.

I give you an example.Lets say you are driving on the motorway doing 70 mph.

And a pedestrian comes out of nowhere,you hit him and he dies.In the UK you dont have a problem.In my country you go to jail,it is the driver's faylt ALWAYS,pedestrians have always priority.

I dont quite understand how it works from your example.

How about this one.

You crash into me - you are driving a bit too close / fast - I brake, and you crash into me.

We are both uninjured - but both cars are badly damaged and written off - but it was clearly your fault*

I obviously claim against your insurance policy, and I get a replacement vehicle - this is fine, as your 3rd party insurance would cover that.

But - what would happen to your car?

It has been written off, and your insurance does not cover your car at all - only third parties.

How do you get a replacement vehicle?

* I appreciate you said that "There is no case in the Greek Courts that in an accident involving 2 or more cars only one of the drivers is 100% responsible." - but we are both in the UK - and you can very defintely be found 100% responsible for an accident.

In fact - in the example I used, you would be very, very lucky to not be found 100% responsible.

Not looking to argue with you mate - I legitimately do not understand how your insurance works, and would like to know.

ok,good examble.

Lets say I am behind you,and you brake without reason then we are both responsible.I because I was behind you and you cuz you applied the brakes without a reason.But,lets say I am doing 75 mph and and you are doing 70mph and we are on the motorway where the limit is 70mph and the lane next to you is free.Then I come behind you and play mr police and you dont go to the lane next to you although is free,and you also apply your brakes just to scare me, and then I also apply the brakes and a 3rd car who was behind me crashes into me,then I will take you to court because you played mr police and didnt let me overtake you and you caused an accident.

If lets say we are driving in the city and someone brakes in front of me,and I drive into him then my insurance will pay for his car and for mine car.

Basically if you have a legitame reason for braking,and if you can prove that, and if you can prove that I was too close/or going to fast, then you will be 0% responsible and me 100%.But how will you prove all these things?Dont forget this-You need witnesses.And in my country there are people who come in the court and "play" the witnesses.So then it gets pretty tricky.

I dont get a replacement vehicle.You dont get one in my country even with full comprehensive.I am not sure if you will get a replacement vehicle from my insurance if I crash into you.Why couldnt you ask your insurance for a replacement vehicle?

I would only get a replacement vehicle from Toyota if lets say I crashed back home cuz they are friends and they would give me one.Otherwise Toyota gives you a replacement for 3 days only.

I hope you understood how it works back home now.

The are only 2 occasions a full comprehensive insurance has meaning in my country. 1 is if somebody drives into my car and disappears,2 is if I crash my car alone without anyone else being involved.

One last examble.In my country we dont have to apply the handbrake on standstill like in the UK.Lets say we stop in a traffic light and the road is uphill.If you stop less than 1 meter close to me,I can stop applying my brakes and let the car roll back and crash into yours,and then you have to pay for the damages on my car.Of course that is theoretical,it would be difficult to prove that you were less than 1 meter close.

For ex. the judges usually dont accept photos and videos.

Hope now you got a better insight into my insurance policy.

I should be arranging something similar this winter for my trip to UK, and would also like a bit more info! :thumbsup:

You mean info from me regarding insurance in another country?

Well you need what is called the Green Card.It is valid for 3 months so you need to renew it every 3 months.

I am not sure how you can do it ,cuz Cyprus is not yet 100% in the EU.You have to ask your insurance people.

Basically the Green Card is valid only in the EU.If I go back home through Boulgaria,Albania etc it wont cover me if an accident happens.

Cheer mate, will have a word with my insurance company closer to the time...and we've been in the EU since 1st may last year...

Cheer mate, will have a word with my insurance company closer to the time...and we've been in the EU since 1st may last year...

I know that mate.But not 100%.For ex. you dont have the euro set as your currency.

ok,good examble.

Lets say I am behind you,and you brake without reason then we are both responsible.I because I was behind you and you cuz you applied the brakes without a reason.But,lets say I am doing 75 mph and and you are doing 70mph and we are on the motorway where the limit is 70mph and the lane next to you is free.Then I come behind you and play mr police and you dont go to the lane next to you although is free,and you also apply your brakes just to scare me, and then I also apply the brakes and a 3rd car who was behind me crashes into me,then I will take you to court because you played mr police and didnt let me overtake you and you caused an accident.

hmmmm - in the UK, this would pretty much be 100% your fault.

You should leave a sufficient safe braking distance between you and the car in front of you, to allow you to stop safely in the event of an emergency without hitting the car in front of you.

I need have no reason for braking suddenly - you should have left enough room for you to stop safely.

If you did not leave enough distance to allow yourself to stop without hitting me - you are 100% responsible for the accident.

Basically if you have a legitame reason for braking,and if you can prove that, and if you can prove that I was too close/or going to fast, then you will be 0% responsible and me 100%.But how will you prove all these things?Dont forget this-You need witnesses.And in my country there are people who come in the court and "play" the witnesses.So then it gets pretty tricky.

I dont need a legitimate reason for braking - it is your responsibility to ensure you leave sufficient space for you to stop safely without hitting me.

I dont get a replacement vehicle.You dont get one in my country even with full comprehensive.I am not sure if you will get a replacement vehicle from my insurance if I crash into you.Why couldnt you ask your insurance for a replacement vehicle?

I would only get a replacement vehicle from Toyota if lets say I crashed back home cuz they are friends and they would give me one.Otherwise Toyota gives you a replacement for 3 days only.

even if the car is written off?

Your insurance would not cover replacing my vehicle?

If you wrote my car off - I would expect a replacement vehicle from you.

If your insurance would not cover it - you would be personally responsible for the cost.

We have very different rules of insurance.

It may be worth your while discussing this with your insurance company to make sure you have sufficient insurance here.

Cyprus is now 100% in the EU. It doesn't matter about the currency, for example the UK has not taken on the Euro(and hopefully never will) but we are 100% in the EU.

Paphosyarisfreak you could take out a monthly policy while you are here from somebody like Budget Insurance unless you are satisfied that your current insurer will cover you fully while you are here.

Am I right in thinking you live near Polis, if so I am jealous it is a beautiful part of the country. I have proprty in Nicosia and Protaras my parents live out there in Kaimakli Nicosia but are moving back here soon.

(Sorry way off topic :ph34r: )

Cyprus is now 100% in the EU. It doesn't matter about the currency, for example the UK has not taken on the Euro(and hopefully never will) but we are 100% in the EU.

Paphosyarisfreak you could take out a monthly policy while you are here from somebody like Budget Insurance unless you are satisfied that your current insurer will cover you fully while you are here.

Am I right in thinking you live near Polis, if so I am jealous it is a beautiful part of the country. I have proprty in Nicosia and Protaras my parents live out there in Kaimakli Nicosia but are moving back here soon.

(Sorry way off topic :ph34r: )

You only are 100% in the EU if you comply with EU that means have euro etc.

Eg England is in EU but you still havent got the euro,still driving on the other side,and still treat me like a am a criminal every time i get in the country by airplane.Thats not EU.EU is when I go to Germany and there is only 1 passport control, not 3.EU is when you do what Europe says not what the Americans say.Sorry but we are off topic,we could start another topic if you want to discuss whether Cyprus or UK is in EU.

ok,good examble.

hmmmm - in the UK, this would pretty much be 100% your fault.

You should leave a sufficient safe braking distance between you and the car in front of you, to allow you to stop safely in the event of an emergency without hitting the car in front of you.

I need have no reason for braking suddenly - you should have left enough room for you to stop safely.

If you did not leave enough distance to allow yourself to stop without hitting me - you are 100% responsible for the accident.

I dont need a legitimate reason for braking - it is your responsibility to ensure you leave sufficient space for you to stop safely without hitting me.

even if the car is written off?

Your insurance would not cover replacing my vehicle?

If you wrote my car off - I would expect a replacement vehicle from you.

If your insurance would not cover it - you would be personally responsible for the cost.

We have very different rules of insurance.

It may be worth your while discussing this with your insurance company to make sure you have sufficient insurance here.

Well I am not trying to argue with you but we have a very different opinion about what insurance should cover or not.

So, do you think that you can brake suddently on the motorway without a legitimate reason? How can you prove that I was going close to you?How can you prove that I was going too fast?And last but not least how can you prove that your brake lights were working at the time you broke?

I just say the last one cuz this is what happened to my girlfriend's father in Germany.The guy in front of him had broken brake light bulbs and he didnt realise that he was braking and drove into him.

As I said,my insurance would cover the damages on both vehicles,I am not sure if they would give you a courtesy car.Usually in my country the garages give courtesy cars.

I like the Trodos Mountains. My car overheated there last time I was out that way, but I stopped at a lovely taverna and had some Comandaria which made it all OK. :thumbsup:

good man.where is Troodos mountains?I am so bad in Geography.... :help:

I know that mate.But not 100%.For ex. you dont have the euro set as your currency.

Neither does the UK or Denmark (Plus sweden i think!)! But does that mean that they are not in the EU?

good man.where is Troodos mountains?I am so bad in Geography.... :help:

Central Cyprus, east of Paphos, north of Limasol.

Copy%20of%20cyprus%20map.gif

Neither does the UK or Denmark (Plus sweden i think!)! But does that mean that they are not in the EU?

well,technically they are all in the EU.But for me you are in the EU if you think like Europeans do,if you follow the rest of the Europeans,and have all the characteristics of Europe.You cant have on the one hand all the positive things EU brings to you and on the other hand do whatever you like.EU means also free transport through the countries.Nobody checks me when I drive from Greece to Calais.

As soon as I am in Dover they check me.Why?I thought we are in the EU or?

EU said we dont go to Irak but UK went.

I hope you got my point.You are EU only if you think like a European.

I know a woman who had an accident...

some dumbass decided to brake hard for no reason on a highway... three cars piled up into his *****... the woman I know was driving the third car... the dumbass who braked was ruled 100% responsible for the first car and 50% for the second car and the the woman I know was ruled to be responsible for the other 50% of the second car...

the witness in the case was a patroling police crew...

Sharing the blame for an accident makes perfect sense to me. It's much more realistic than our stupid system in the U.S. In the U.S. if you hit someone from behind, it is automatically YOUR fault, period. End of discussion. They assign blame to one party or the other.

It is a system designed 100% to keep things moving through the court quickly, not to apply real justice. It's completely asinine. Luckily I have never had an accident in my 17 years of driving (knock on wood) I consider myself a very good driver, but if some horse's ***** jams on the brakes in front of me someday with no warning, I could become a victim of the stupid system as easily as anyone else.

Sharing the blame for an accident makes perfect sense to me. It's much more realistic than our stupid system in the U.S. In the U.S. if you hit someone from behind, it is automatically YOUR fault, period. End of discussion. They assign blame to one party or the other.

It is a system designed 100% to keep things moving through the court quickly, not to apply real justice. It's completely asinine. Luckily I have never had an accident in my 17 years of driving (knock on wood) I consider myself a very good driver, but if some horse's ***** jams on the brakes in front of me someday with no warning, I could become a victim of the stupid system as easily as anyone else.

Yer, same in the UK. It is kinda right though. If you are travelling at a safe distance behind then it shouldn't matter if the driver in front slams on the brakes or not. You SHOULD be able to stop. Obviously this depends on the weather conditions and your cars ability to stop - but that is something you should compensate for.

There are too many tailgater's in this country.

The argument for that 'rear-end' law as described to me by my insurance company was as follows... if a child ran out infront of the driver infront and you go into the back as a result of not braking quick enough, then it isn't the other drivers fault. I asked if that applied on motorway... she said yes... I said, if a childs running out by themselves in the middle of a motorway then they deserve to be run over... stupid child!

• 1 year later...

High Quality 304 stainless steel race headers now In stock. I have one fitted to my own car. The items are high quality and come with two replacement gaskets.

The car is running great with the new header and no check engine light. After Air filters and Back box's this is the next best bolt on value for money mod.

Not quite sure on actual power gains as I fitted this in conjuction with my sports cat. All I know is the wee litle Yari is now a little flying machine. Oh and the sound is great! :thumbsup:

The new header is priced at £105 + Delivery.

Thanks

Kevin

Racemanifold1.jpg

Racemanifold2.jpg

Racemanifold3.jpg

Racemanifold4.jpg

Sorrie to bring old thread back but does it fit the small 1L 1SZFE ? if so any pictures and how can go further to buy one as Im from Auckland NZ :)

as far as i know it fits all phase 1 and 2 yaris' with a rear facing exhaust manifold. HOWEVER, for it to fit the phase 2 you will need to have a hole drilled and an exhaust lambda sensor fitting ring welded in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links