Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Race Manifolds Now In Stock.

Envy Performance Ltd

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dimitrios

• scionic

• seveer unaek

• RossP

looking very good, im tempted to get this along with the sports cat, may aswell get them both fitted together, what they both like fitting wise, wont do it myself ill take to a garage

Shouldn't be that hard Charlie, just like replacing bits of the existing exhaust but just with better bits! :thumbsup:

Shouldn't be that hard Charlie, just like replacing bits of the existing exhaust but just with better bits! :thumbsup:

Were most likely top get a difference at top end mph fitting manifold and sports cat, than acceleration am i right in thinking that.

Im interested in torque and acceleration, just wondering how it will effect performance, when combinign a relocated apexi, manifold and sports cat.

any one any ideas?

will the manifold reduce low-end torque?

Kinda useless to guess for an answer when noone seems to know the lenght and diameter of the primaries. <_<

You've got a PM aswell Vlad. ;)

Yves.

will the manifold reduce low-end torque?

Kinda useless to guess for an answer when noone seems to know the lenght and diameter of the primaries. <_<

You've got a PM aswell Vlad. ;)

Yves.

the pipes are approx.:

1: 215mm

2: 217mm

3: 225mm

4: 270mm

D: 32mm (inside)

collector L: 70mm

outlet D: 46mm (inside)

Are there any authentic dyno results on how much extra power the header actually produces? Just to give people an idea of how much of a value they represent?

All of the results I've seen for headers on the 1.5 have been discouraging. Headers seem to do something on performance cars with much larger displacement, but not so much on these little mills.

Were most likely top get a difference at top end mph fitting manifold and sports cat, than acceleration am i right in thinking that.

Yes.

Im interested in torque and acceleration, just wondering how it will effect performance, when combinign a relocated apexi, manifold and sports cat.

any one any ideas?

Exhaust modifications will do very little for torque and acceleration, especially on a small displacement motor. They give you some marginal gains at the top end, often at the expense of a bit of low end torque, which can actually hurt acceleration. A small help at highway speeds and screaming high RPM's perhaps, but that is all.

It depends on what you want and what you are willing to pay for. I suggest to anyone that they find out the facts before dropping a chunk of hard earned cash on pieces like this. I'd ask someone other than the person trying to sell them to you unless they can show you an actual dyno readout with proven results.

I'm not impressed with the workmanship I see evidenced here, though it's something of an improvment over the OEM piece.

Racemanifold3.jpg

LOL, theres nothing wrong with the workmanship of the manifold. The welds are very good! If this manifold was made by say HKS it would sell at four times the price.

In terms of power gains it may yield 2 BHP but what mods on the Yaris produce big power??? The only thing I could think of would be a turbo kit or a supercharger but you are looking at 3K+ for either of those mods.

The returns compare favourably to say an Airfilter which comes in slightly more expensive.

As a fellow T-Sport owner I am looking for performance items to gave a nice reliable increase in power when used in conjunction with other mods.

Airfilter + Sport Cat System + Back Box + Larger Fuel Rail + Power Enterprise Camcon + Performance Pulley = Power Gain.

Kevin

I'm not impressed with the workmanship I see evidenced here, though it's something of an improvment over the OEM piece.

Racemanifold3.jpg

LOL, theres nothing wrong with the workmanship of the manifold. The welds are very good! If this manifold was made by say HKS it would sell at four times the price.

In terms of power gains it may yield 2 BHP but what mods on the Yaris produce big power???  The only thing I could think of would be a turbo kit or a supercharger but you are looking at 3K+ for either of those mods.

The returns compare favourably to say an Airfilter which comes in slightly more expensive.

As a fellow T-Sport owner I am looking for performance items to gave a nice reliable increase in power when used in conjunction with other mods.

Airfilter + Sport Cat System + Back Box + Larger Fuel Rail + Power Enterprise Camcon + Performance Pulley = Power Gain.

Kevin

Fair enough.

The only problem I see is that a supercharger for the 1.5 costs about $2500 U.S. Installed, perhaps $3000 or a shade more.

1) If you add up the cost of a performance exhaust, sport cat, fuel rail, pulley, headers, air induction system and so on it's well over half the cost of a supercharger.

2) Most of these mods don't even have scientifically proven power gains. Can you honestly say a high performance cat is worth the money?

3) You cannot even assume that the "promised" power gains for each are cummulative. i.e. people buy an induction system that "promises" +8 hp then add an exhaust that "promises" +10 hp and then drive around thinking they have +18 hp when they probably have +4 hp, if that.

I guess I don't see the point in adding a bunch of seperate parts of questionable usefulness when all you have is advertising slogans to base the performance gains on and spending upwards of $1500 when you could have GUARANTEED, genuine, real gains with a supercharger that will far exceed all of the add-on silliness on the market combined.

$1000-1500 for 10-12 hp or $3000 for 40 more horsepower?

I'd rather save my money or get forced induction than spend it on minimal gains that can scarcely be measured.

I think this type of stuff is more of an emotional buy, like a spoiler or blue tinted headlights, than it is a logical plan for real, measurable performance.

Well in the UK the cheapest I can supply and fit a Supercharger kit for would be $5550 which is a lot of money, most people would probably spend that kind of money on another car say a MR2 Turbo. Some factors you also need to consider for UK drivers is the cost of insurance, the "grin" factor and the looks and sound factor.

Yes I can honestly say a sports cat is worth the money as I have one fitted to my car and the overall performance is better and the "grin" factor from the noise and pop backs from the exhaust is awesome. It makes me look forward to driving the car on a daily basis.

I respect your opinion on the performance mods but its just not practical for most people thats why very few people have gone down this route on TOC. I personaly would love a supercharger or a turbo kit but I just can't afford one right now. If I did also fit a turbo or supercharger in the future the mods I have in conjuction with the supercharger would give me more power than a standard car just fitted with a super charger.

Just out of interest what car do you drive and have you got a supercharger fitted? I take it your car is absolutly standard or you have the super charger fitted?

Kevin

In terms of power gains it may yield 2 BHP but what mods on the Yaris produce big power???  The only thing I could think of would be a turbo kit or a supercharger but you are looking at 3K+ for either of those mods.

Kevin

Fair enough.

The only problem I see is that a supercharger for the 1.5 costs about $2500 U.S. Installed, perhaps $3000 or a shade more.

1) If you add up the cost of a performance exhaust, sport cat, fuel rail, pulley, headers, air induction system and so on it's well over half the cost of a supercharger.

2) Most of these mods don't even have scientifically proven power gains. Can you honestly say a high performance cat is worth the money?

3) You cannot even assume that the "promised" power gains for each are cummulative. i.e. people buy an induction system that "promises" +8 hp then add an exhaust that "promises" +10 hp and then drive around thinking they have +18 hp when they probably have +4 hp, if that.

I guess I don't see the point in adding a bunch of seperate parts of questionable usefulness when all you have is advertising slogans to base the performance gains on and spending upwards of $1500 when you could have GUARANTEED, genuine, real gains with a supercharger that will far exceed all of the add-on silliness on the market combined.

$1000-1500 for 10-12 hp or $3000 for 40 more horsepower?

I'd rather save my money or get forced induction than spend it on minimal gains that can scarcely be measured.

I think this type of stuff is more of an emotional buy, like a spoiler or blue tinted headlights, than it is a logical plan for real, measurable performance.

That argument... i mean discussion is a bit silly really as everyone knows these Cats and Manifolds will not make your yaris something it isn't! However people still buy them because of the feel n sounds it gives the car and you (not sure bout the sounds it gives u but shh) It isn't a huge horsepower gaining mod but people know that but "every little helps". Also fitting a turbo in UK makes insurance silly expensive!

Infact recently i have prefered the sound of the pops from exhausts at a high speed change over a over dramatic WHITOOSH! I would specially say so for a nippy type car like the yaris which is clearly a swift small car than a high speed monster!

Anyway Each to their own (possible the most used phrase on this forum?!?!)

Well in the UK the cheapest I can supply and fit a Supercharger kit for would be $5550 which is a lot of money, most people would probably spend that kind of money on another car say a MR2 Turbo. Some factors you also need to consider for UK drivers is the cost of insurance, the "grin" factor and the looks and sound factor.

Yes I can honestly say a sports cat is worth the money as I have one fitted to my car and the overall performance is better and the "grin" factor from the noise and pop backs from the exhaust is awesome. It makes me look forward  to driving the car on a daily basis.

I respect your opinion on the performance mods but its just not practical for most people thats why very few people have gone down this route on TOC. I personaly would love a supercharger or a turbo kit but I just can't afford one right now. If I did also fit a turbo or supercharger in the future the mods I have in conjuction with the supercharger would give me more power than a standard car just fitted with a super charger.

Just out of interest what car do you drive and have you got a supercharger fitted? I take it your car is absolutly standard or you have the super charger fitted?

Kevin

I drive a Scion xB (AKA Toyota bB) which is a Yaris wagon of sorts, with the 1.5 and a 5 speed.

My car is essentially stock right now, except for a TRD short shift kit that I installed after a shift cable snapped. It's pretty fun.

I've planned on the Blitz supercharger, but I'm not in any hurry to do it, I have other priorities ahead of it right now.

I wouldn't have any problem with the other minor mods mentioned if it weren'r for the fact that there is little or no verifiable proof of their gains That's my main issue. I'm sure you can find a bunch of people who will swear their car is faster with sports cat, but you won't find a dyno chart proving it, I can promise that.

I can find you a few people on here that will swear that putting higher than required octane in their little Yaris made it fast like a rocket too. Nevermind that it's scientifically proven that isn't possible and they have no proof.

I mainatain that an except for an induction system that will give you perhaps 3-6 bhp at high RPMs, most of these mods do very little in reality and they are more placebo than anything.

I'm not sure why a supercharger that costs $2-2500 here is $5-6000 installed there. Can't explain that. All I do know is that I'll start believing in exhausts and "sports cats" for 1.5 liter motors when I see genuine evidence of performance gains.

I can't imagine how anyone could be so naive as to just take someones word as proof, if you think a sports cat makes your car faster, then I have a magic "chip" for the 1.5 I'm sellling on eBay you should buy.

The main reason for the price difference is the ecu. The uk ecu requires extensive remapping when using the aftermarket turbos and superchargers available. This is because they are designed for the jap spec ecu.

Been reading these posts with some interest today. I think that you might be missing the point here - the people who mod their cars are doing it because its a hobby or interest - not to purely make the car faster on paper.

You clearly have an opinion - so do others - and it doesnt neccessarily match yours...

I can understand that. The short shift kit I have does nothing to make my car faster.

However why else would you fit a cold air intake, headers or "sports cat" if not to make the car faster?

The point of the short shift kit is to make the throws shorter and give a firmer feel to the shifting. I tried one out and agreed it was a plus.

I'm not necessarily against headers and "sports cats", what I'm against is buying performance parts without evidence or guarantee of what I'm getting as a return on my investment.

It seems like spending money without that knowledge is a bit foolish to me. I'd rather know that my $800 got me 10 horsepower "on paper" than to buy some bits and throw them on the car and drive around pretending my car is faster and telling everyone they should buy the same parts when I very well might have lost -1 hp for all I know.

Thank god for the Atlantic....

Over here, life is very different... we have corners and small cars are FAR more popular than big, polluting heaps of american muscle. On these small, nippy cars, some of us like to have a little fun... this comes in the form of noise and a little performance gain. For less than £1000 you can have a great sounding system, with noticable power gains, which then lays down grounds for forced induction.

Our insurance prices are also ridiculous, so forced induction is a tough route to go down since a lot of us are below the age of 25.

Also, i know of many people who have used DYNO's or rolling roads or whatever else they can be called, and one day they'll receive a readout of +20bhp, then the next time they do one, say 2 months later and it'll only be an increase of +5bhp. So all this talk of 'scientific' proven results from a dyno is a load of bull.

A car's performance changes from one day to the next... there are far too many factors to list, but if us little English can spend less than £1000 to give our cars power on some days, more on others and a grin from ear to ear every time we drive and we aren't murdered by insurance premiums, then that's all the proof we need to buy these modifications and fit them to our cars.

Scionic, what costs you 12 dollars in the us for example will cost 12 pounds in the uk (about 24 dollars).That's how it works in general, so a supercharger in us costs 2500 dollars (so about 2500 pounds) convert the pounds into dollars and voila, a whole heap of cash. Sorry if im drovelling on...I need to go to bed!

Once again - you miss the point that everyone else is making ...

They are our cars and our decisions ... no-one is trying to tell anyone what to do - the forum is about discusion and sharing enthusiasm and ideas.

Clearly some of the modifications that people make are with the intention of improving performance, but its their money and their choices. And speaking for myself I enjoy the research and fitting etc - thats why if its a very minor gain or even not proven I'm happy to try things out... its part of what makes it fun.

No-one is asking anyone else to justify their choices ... quite the opposite.

I wouldn't have any problem with the other minor mods mentioned if it weren'r for the fact that there is little or no verifiable proof of their gains That's my main issue. I'm sure you can find a bunch of people who will swear their car is faster with sports cat, but you won't find a dyno chart proving it, I can promise that.

I can't imagine how anyone could be so naive as to just take someones word as proof, if you think a sports cat makes your car faster, then I have a magic "chip" for the 1.5 I'm sellling on eBay you should buy.

Well thats where your wrong, a previous member on here DRB5 fitted the basic mods air filter, sports header, chip and decat section and took it on the rolling road. The result was 116 bhp which is up from 105 on the standard Yaris. I am not saying that the Dyno was accurate, Im not saying that the car was perfect and did not have a few issues, all I am saying that someone has gone on a Dyno after fitting the mods you dis-like so much.

When I myself get a little time I will take the car to a dyno and do a test maybe then you will stop moaning and if I get 1 bhp over stock I guess you will be wrong then.

Ah so its you its selling that usless junk on eBay! :P :group-cuddles:

Kevin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links