Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Race Manifolds Now In Stock.

Envy Performance Ltd

Just to add to this.... Mr America, if you're not buying it... why do you care?!?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dimitrios

• scionic

• seveer unaek

• RossP

Thank god for the Atlantic....

Over here, life is very different... we have corners and small cars are FAR more popular than big, polluting heaps of american muscle. On these small, nippy cars, some of us like to have a little fun... this comes in the form of noise and a little performance gain. For less than £1000 you can have a great sounding system, with noticable power gains, which then lays down grounds for forced induction.

Our insurance prices are also ridiculous, so forced induction is a tough route to go down since a lot of us are below the age of 25.

Ah. I did not realize your insurance premiums would be affected by adding forced induction. That isn't how it works here, fortunately.

Just for the record, We have corners here too, just not as many and I'm the last guy you'll find defending big polluting heaps of American muscle. :lol:

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was trying to inject a little objectivity and save people some money perhaps, but I went about it all the wrong way (once again) :rolleyes:

Carry on...

Takes a good man to apologise.... thanks scionic.

Im sorry for any accusations or assumptions i may have made towards you, but things work much different over here... we have roads in horrible condition, lots of corners, lots of bad drivers and very expensive motoring and insurance costs.

For example, me, my 1.3SR Yaris cost about £9500, it then costs £105 a year to tax it for the road, it also costs £1250 a year to insure, i have to pay above 80p per litre of petrol, and then we have lots of speed camera's just waiting to take your license away for minor infractions in speed when many motorists get away with illegal cars and highly illegal driving. It's an insane system, which the government wants to make more expensive, more difficult and more insane! (i.e. road charging... upto £1.40 per mile to use your car)

It's a crazy place this england!

Wow. Insurance is quite expensive there.

I pay £1250 a year for full coverage on my car here, and Arizona has the most expensive car insurance in the country! Then again, I'm 32. If I were under age 26 and/or had any speeding violations it would be significantly higher. The high rates here mean that about 50% of the drivers in Arizona are illegally uninsured.

My insurance in Virginia was about HALF the price.

For example, me, my 1.3SR Yaris cost about £9500, it then costs £105 a year to tax it for the road, it also costs £1250 a year to insure...

Wow - that much to insure an SR? How comes? At £1250 I could insure an import turbo Supra (UK spec around £1000), fully comp. Wonder why the SRs attract such high premiums? Thought mine were bad...

£1250's cheap! That's in my mums name with me and my brother as named drivers!

Reason it's so high is because im 19 and have had a bump, my brothers 22 but has only being driving 2 years like me and we live in a sh*thole!

£1250's cheap! That's in my mums name with me and my brother as named drivers!

Reason it's so high is because im 19 and have had a bump, my brothers 22 but has only being driving 2 years like me and we live in a sh*thole!

If the system works anything like it does here, you should have relief in a few years. Provided you try not to have any accidents or speed offenses.

I think my insurance dropped by nearly 40% on my 26th birthday, if I remember correctly. :thumbsup:

just to tease you guys,my insurance is only £300 per year.That is for 3rd party,and is a bit higher cuz I have extended it to cover me in the whole Europe.

When I go back I could even do an insurance for £200.

:P

just to tease you guys,my insurance is only £300 per year.That is for 3rd party,and is a bit higher cuz I have extended it to cover me in the whole Europe.

Yeah, but if you crash your car... you get NOTHING for it. Im happy paying £1250 to cover my £5800 car and any other costs. 3rd party should only really be used for an old banger.

Yeah, but if you crash your car... you get NOTHING for it. Im happy paying £1250 to cover my £5800 car and any other costs. 3rd party should only really be used for an old banger.

well you are right,and I did crash my car by my mistake.But usually people crash eachother so the other guy has to pay you and you have to pay the other guy.

Furthermore, what I paid was much less than what I would pay for full comprehensive.And you should consider that I am only 22 and I have a tsport.Even if I was 18 I wouldnt have to pay more.

Anyway..

But usually people crash eachother so the other guy has to pay you and you have to pay the other guy.

not to be rude - but that is a slightly naive viewpoint.

accidents very often involve two cars - and one of those cars is responsible for the accident, and for paying all costs involved in rectifying the claim.

3rd party is fine - as you at least have enough insurance to cover other parties damages.

However, you are running a risk of damaging your own car, and not having insurance to cover it. A worse case scenario could see your car written off - and you would have no insurance to claim against.

In this situation you would have no car - but would have to continue paying finance payments etc.

For example, me, my 1.3SR Yaris cost about £9500, it then costs £105 a year to tax it for the road, it also costs £1250 a year to insure...

Wow - that much to insure an SR? How comes? At £1250 I could insure an import turbo Supra (UK spec around £1000), fully comp. Wonder why the SRs attract such high premiums? Thought mine were bad...

you live in a VERY good postcode :thumbsup:

well you are right,and I did crash my car by my mistake.But usually people crash eachother so the other guy has to pay you and you have to pay the other guy.

Furthermore, what I paid was much less than what I would pay for full comprehensive.And you should consider that I am only 22 and I have a tsport.Even if I was 18 I wouldnt have to pay more.

Anyway..

Erm... If you crash into somebody else... then it's your fault and they don't pay squat. If it's equal fault (INCREDIBLY rare) then yes, both pay, but if you hit somebody, your car's gone and you're £7k out of pocket.

Also, at 22 id expect fully comp insurance to be less than £600, so long as you've had no claims or convictions. That's not much to pay to cover a car worth £7000!

I know what id pay for!

But usually people crash eachother so the other guy has to pay you and you have to pay the other guy.

not to be rude - but that is a slightly naive viewpoint.

accidents very often involve two cars - and one of those cars is responsible for the accident, and for paying all costs involved in rectifying the claim.

3rd party is fine - as you at least have enough insurance to cover other parties damages.

However, you are running a risk of damaging your own car, and not having insurance to cover it. A worse case scenario could see your car written off - and you would have no insurance to claim against.

In this situation you would have no car - but would have to continue paying finance payments etc.

mate you are not rude you are just saying your opinion.

basically you neglect the fact that I have a foreigh car with foreign insurance,things work very differently in my country.I have Greek insurance.

Firstly,i dont have finance payments.I bought car paying cash,this is what people usually do when buying houses or cars.I hate credit cards/loans etc and Debt is not very used in my country.

Second,I dont have to pay anthg with my insurance if I crash with another car even if it is 100% my fault.There is no case in the Greek Courts that in an accident involving 2 or more cars only one of the drivers is 100% responsible.

I give you an example.Lets say you are driving on the motorway doing 70 mph.

And a pedestrian comes out of nowhere,you hit him and he dies.In the UK you dont have a problem.In my country you go to jail,it is the driver's faylt ALWAYS,pedestrians have always priority.

I hope I made my self understood.

THe only case that insurance doesnt cover me is if I do an accident and I am drunk,but I never drink and drive.

Anyway..

Erm... If you crash into somebody else... then it's your fault and they don't pay squat. If it's equal fault (INCREDIBLY rare) then yes, both pay, but if you hit somebody, your car's gone and you're £7k out of pocket.

Also, at 22 id expect fully comp insurance to be less than £600, so long as you've had no claims or convictions. That's not much to pay to cover a car worth £7000!

I know what id pay for!

As I said,if I crash another car,my insurance pays.I pay nothing.

But I dont like this subject anyway,I had an accident once,and hope to have no more.I am a more careful driver now.

Yaeh, but aren't in England at the moment?? You must have brilliant insurance companies!

Yaeh, but aren't in England at the moment?? You must have brilliant insurance companies!

I am in England mate.And I have extended my insurance to cover me in Europe.

Our insurance companies are really **** mate.I am in a good one but in generally they are s**t.I give an example.In 99% of the cases when you crash your car,and lets say the damage is 1000 pounds,they try to give you less,lets say 600 pounds and then you have to take them to the court etc.

But there are ways to cheat insurance companies.Lets say you can do full comprehensive and then put damaged parts on your car and claim for new ones.

Some people do this,usually people who own garages.

Do you know if I can take to the court the city council for damages on my car from the streets?My suspension is really nacked from this f**cking speed ramps and humps.

Eimai egglezos stin kypro! Alla kanei me ta ellinika allios tha pellanoun edo se ligo! kai nai, gamwto! ;)

I am very proud you learn greek mate.How come?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links