Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Mileage Yaris T-sport

YTS-Will

60k is barely mid-life for a Toyota that's had scheduled maintenance.

That said, I think it would be worth the effort to scrape up more cash for a slightly less used example. Say 30k or so. I think you'll be happier with that in the long run.

BTW: Everybody and anybody selling a used car will claim "highway miles" there is no way to know the truth. Have you ever heard anyone try and sell a used car by claiming it's been hammered to sh*t in stop and go city driving, short trips, barely enough time to get the oil warm, driven like a taxi from day one? :lol:

OK, I've found this one...

2001 Y Reg TOYOTA YARIS 1.5 16v VVTi T Sport 3dr 1 LADY OWNER F.T.S.H 38,701 miles, Metallic Grey, MOT-04-2006.

It's a dealer, but not a Toyota one.

Any idea if it's a good buy, providing it's in good nick?! :D

Anything I should really look out for on a test drive? And do you usually get to take the car out by yourself in a test drive, or does a garage guy come with you?

Edit: I've looked at the dealers website and there's no pics of a forecourt etc. But they have an autotrader ran site listing quite a few cars. I'm wondering if it's a guy running his car dealership from home or something, as the address looks residential. Is that anything to be worried / suspicious about?

Edit 2: Would it be worth running a HPI check (or any other check), even though it's from a 'dealer'?

Thanks in advance :D

OK, I've found this one...

2001 Y Reg TOYOTA YARIS 1.5 16v VVTi T Sport 3dr 1 LADY OWNER F.T.S.H 38,701 miles, Metallic Grey, MOT-04-2006.

It's a dealer, but not a Toyota one.

Any idea if it's a good buy, providing it's in good nick?! :D

Anything I should really look out for on a test drive? And do you usually get to take the car out by yourself in a test drive, or does a garage guy come with you?

Edit: I've looked at the dealers website and there's no pics of a forecourt etc. But they have an autotrader ran site listing quite a few cars. I'm wondering if it's a guy running his car dealership from home or something, as the address looks residential. Is that anything to be worried / suspicious about?

Edit 2: Would it be worth running a HPI check (or any other check), even though it's from a 'dealer'?

Thanks in advance :D

I'd run a check on any used car, especially one from a dealer. I trust dealers about as far as I can throw them. The Yaris you found sounds like a good buy. Forget about the "lady owner" part unless you are buying it from the "lady owner" herself. A dealer will say anything to sell a car. Highway miles only, lady owner, you name it. You can't beleive any of it because there is no way to verify a claim like that. You need to assume it's a lie.

There's one rule in buying any second hand car, be it private, auction or dealer. Everything they say is a lie. Keep that in mind and you'll be fine. I know that sounds horrible, but that way you won't be caught out. 1 lady owner to me means that you HAVE to check logbook and owner details. An old lady isn't going to cover 38k miles really is she?

The issue with the address etc could be that the seller is using the dealer as a front to sell the car, therefore they reach more people and it sounds a better bet... it's often done.

Also, a test drive will always be with somebody else unless it's a new car from main dealer. To look out for on test drive, id suggest the usual's....

1. All smooth and running well

2. Clutch is easy to use and gears are slick

3. There is no judder when moving off

4. Above 55mph... car is stable and whel is safe, otherwise its a wheel balance and tracking/geometrics check which should take £50 off the asking price.

5. Interior is acceptable for the age

6. Make sure you can get comfortable and are happy with the car... sounds obvious, but you gotta be sure!

Also, before the test drive, make sure you've got comfortable, you know where the major controls are and if you've got a family... take them along too... also if you play golf, make sure the bag fits in somewhere!!

At the end of the day though, it's basic stuff and if you're happy then make an offer, but only after you're 110% sure that it's legit! A HPI check is worth it's weight in gold!

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, they've given me food for thought!

Mmmmm... food.

homermmm.gif

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, they've given me food for thought!

Mmmmm... food.

homermmm.gif

Homer Simpson is now officially the Carlo Blue Crew Mascot! :lol::lol::lol:

warranty shmaranty, its a toyota do u really need warranty, (txt speak cuz the right hand is useless)

I think i'm probably going to get a phase 2 with warranty and 10-20k on the clock for about 7000 privately. Definetly gonna get a HPi check, maybe a RAC check. Just need to wait for a good one to turn up locally now though...

warranty shmaranty, its a toyota do u really need warranty, (txt speak cuz the right hand is useless)

A warranty is a good idea always IMO. It's piece of mind.

No car is perfect, even Toyota's.

My brand new Toyota had a shift cable go with just 10,000 miles on the clock and I was very glad to have a warranty on that.

Picked up my Phase 2 T Sport on Friday. 03 plate bought privately with 12000 miles -Toyota warranty till July next year all for £7000 -Mint! The stupid prices dealers were asking was doing my head in! just keep your eyes peeled -in the end found one in the trader 2 miles from where I live. The satisfaction from getting an excellent car with out paying through the nose for it will make it worth the wait.

On a side note -It had only done 2000 miles since last July and iv gone put 600 on since friday night!!

Welcome to TOC.....you will find lots of usefull advice on here (and some not so usefull :D )

Can you post some pictures.....what colour is it??? (All these questions :) )

Picked up my Phase 2 T Sport on Friday. 03 plate bought privately with 12000 miles -Toyota warranty till July next year all for £7000 -Mint! The stupid prices dealers were asking was doing my head in! just keep your eyes peeled -in the end found one in the trader 2 miles from where I live. The satisfaction from getting an excellent car with out paying through the nose for it will make it worth the wait.

On a side note -It had only done 2000 miles since last July and iv gone put 600 on since friday night!!

Corrr thats a bit of a bargain! Well done you! :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC btw! :thumbsup:

My brand new Toyota had a shift cable go with just 10,000 miles on the clock and I was very glad to have a warranty on that.

yeah but ive found the warranty no real use on the yaris its just too 'ard!

I think i'm probably going to get a phase 2 with warranty and 10-20k on the clock for about 7000 privately. Definetly gonna get a HPi check, maybe a RAC check. Just need to wait for a good one to turn up locally now though...

You'll be lucky to get a phase 2 for that price mate in overall good condition, 7500 would be likely. :thumbsup:

Red Yaris 54  Posted Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Welcome to TOC.....you will find lots of usefull advice on here (and some not so usefull biggrin.gif )

Can you post some pictures.....what colour is it??? (All these questions smile.gif )

Pictures will come later -can tell you its an imaculate Thunder grey with out a mark any where on it, the seller had even managed to get the pitted alloys replaced under warranty before I picked it up!

Demonic Angel  Posted Yesterday, 08:52 PM

QUOTE(YarisT @ Apr 24 2005, 07:55 PM)

Corrr thats a bit of a bargain! Well done you! thumbsup.gif

Welcome to TOC btw! thumbsup.gif

After looking again this weekend it feels even more of a bargain!

And Cheers

I'm at 84k on a 2001 Y-Reg T-Sport.  No issues and I've had it since 7k - ex demo.

Good luck selling that high-mileage beast!

You'll be lucky to get a phase 2 for that price mate in overall good condition, 7500 would be likely. :thumbsup:

Already found one, well for £7300 and 12k on the clock. You saying that makes me think I should snap it up now! But it's an hour on the train away (I don't have a car to get there yet!)...

Im with you again here! I must be going maaaad! I needed my front suspension tops replacing and my rear suspension struts replacing. I also had a new carpet fitted due to my foot burning a hole through it. I had the steering corrected as it pulled left. The brakes fixed twice due to squeeking and the clutch cover replaced as it got very heavy and sluggish.

Without warranty, id be quite heavily out of pocket!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links