Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk2 Yaris Soon?

jay dh

heard word that later in the year a mk2 is being brought out, any truth in this?

any pics or specs if so?

cheers

Jay

Yep - P3 Yaris - I cant wait!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Nope, Gen2 (or Mk2, wahtever you want to call it) as it's a whole different chassis than the Phase1 and Phase2 have.

Yves.

Nope, Gen2 (or Mk2, wahtever you want to call it) as it's a whole different chassis than the Phase1 and Phase2 have.

Yves.

Yes I know, but people have been nicknaming it P3 for a while and its just stuck! :thumbsup:

Yves.

Yes I know, but people have been nicknaming it P3 for a while and its just stuck! :thumbsup:

yea true we have being calling it a P3, but should we start calling it a mk.2 as it really is a completly new model

Does anyone know if the new Yaris has a real independent rear suspension, or is it torsion beam once again? :cacker:

Havn't found any information on that. But the car is coming up in alot of magazines specific details seem sketchy.

Does anyone know if the new Yaris has a real independent rear suspension, or is it torsion beam once again? :cacker:

Is this not proper suspension?

dsc005800pv.jpg

My criteria would be a 3 door, traction control, electronic stability control and maybe a 6 speed (but not essential) plus all the other T sport bits and bobs.

My problem isn't with your pretty yellow springs, but that :censor: beam sitting just behind them.

No matter what springs or shocks or add on parts you put on there, it is still not an independent suspension. That means the right wheel affects the left and vice versa. That leads to tramlining etc. basically the crown of the road and curves and bumps affect the handling and steering more than they should. It's OK for a 30 year old car, but it's a bit outdated now, even on economy cars like this.

A proper IRS like macpherson strut or double-wishbone would give the car much more refined and competent handling. It would be a welcome addition. Especially since even bargain Korean cars have this now. :ffs:

I can live with torsion beam, obviously since I had a Mk4 VW before this, but I'd really rather not. It is imperfect no matter how much you modify it. :(

Ah right. I love my cars, but to be honest i'm only realy starting to learn about them now. Tramlining...yeh...plenty of that...

dsc005800pv.jpg

That’s not independent; I think he is on about the suspension similar to the Ford Focus as an example.

Basic idea...

performance.jpg

The unique Control Blade Independent Rear Suspension system enables each wheel to react to road irregularities independently. Handling is enhanced for class-leading dynamics and stability.

Sure. Focus is one example.

See, what we've got is like this:

tech_pic_sus_torsion_golf.jpg

There's a big fat beam connecting both sides, that means the suspension on each side can't really work independant of one another. You drive over a bump on the left side and it affects the suspension on the right.

The difference is this in simple terms: drive a car with an IRS over an uneven road and you'll feel it, but it is well isolated and you stay straight. Drive over the same road in a car with a torsion beam rear and the rear end of the car will tilt side-to-side as you drive over variations in road height and you will have to make small steering corrections. It's a subtle difference, but one you can't help notice if you've driven cars with IRS and it does affect handling, performance and ride quality noticeably.

The only benefit of our torsion beams is that it allows for a very low floor, it's lightweight and low-tech so there isn't much to lube or go wrong, and it saves Toyota A LOT of money, which one hopes they pass on to us in the form of savings.

The thing is, it's essentially obsolete now and only the most basic of cars still use it. I really think Toyota should phase it out at this point. It's kind of angering when you can buy a cheap Hyundai that has Macpherson struts in the rear, but not a Toyota.

cheers

like the interior, unsure bout the outside but have to wait to see it in the flesh

The thing is, it's essentially obsolete now and only the most basic of cars still use it. I really think Toyota should phase it out at this point. It's kind of angering when you can buy a cheap Hyundai that has Macpherson struts in the rear, but not a Toyota.

Totally agree with you on this, we do not have any Tec spec on the new yaris at all so I don’t know. But I hope it does, we sell Hyundai’s hear as well as a drive the Getz is a lot nice to drive than a yaris with the because of the IRS so I hope the MK2 yaris has IRS aswell

No, the new chassis still uses a torsion beam rear suspension.

Does the new one have a 6 speed gear box?

There's no version available with a 6-speed manual transaxle.

The biggest change (to me) is the new 3-cylinder 1KR-FE engine. Other than that most changes seem rather "cosmetic".

Yves.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it looks like the Aygo?  :unsure:

Isnt that the point of it though - a new shape range?

The back lights look like Corollas!

I really like the look of the P3.... ahem I mean Mk2.... Yaris in the photos - I just cant wait to see it in the flesh!

Will they release the sporty version (T-Sport, RS - whatever they want to call it!) over here with the lower spec models or later on?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links