Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Asap

rossnova

Im really ****ed off!! My T-Sport has a problem!!

When changing gear, the gearbox is really tight. I can only select 1st,3rd & 5th gear & i can only do this by giving the stick a hard push (no funny comments :D )

Im hoping that someone on here has had a problem like this b4 as i dont really want to take it into Mr T to get it looked at. Ive spent loads of money on the car in the past few weeks, getting it looking like a dream & i have no spare cash left to fix it

PLEASE HELP ME :crybaby:

Thanks in advance

Sorry but I haven't heard of that before :S Is it still in warranty, if so take it in for a check...

Its a 51 reg & i didnt bother taking out extra warranty for it.

Ive drained the gearoil to check if there were any bits of broken gearbox in it & the oil was fine & there was enough oil in it.

I mite strip it down & find out but id rather know if some has had this problem b4 i get the tools out

Its a 51 reg & i didnt bother taking out extra warranty for it.

Ive drained the gearoil to check if there were any bits of broken gearbox in it & the oil was fine & there was enough oil in it.

I mite strip it down & find out but id rather know if some has had this problem b4 i get the tools out

Try bleeding the clutch slave cylinder just behind the radiator

Bit of a long shot but far easier than stripping the box

Should have a bleed nipple like the brakes

attach a pipe in a bottle,slacken off & pump the clutch pedal.

Top up the reservoir afterwards

Try bleeding the clutch slave cylinder just behind the radiator

Bit of a long shot but far easier than stripping the box

Should have a bleed nipple like the brakes

attach a pipe in a bottle,slacken off & pump the clutch pedal.

Top up the reservoir afterwards

Ive tried that to mate. It didnt make a difference.

Good thought tho :thumbsup:

umm.... if u have checked the oil and theres nothing wrong with it, then it might be the gearbox going! i remember my dad had told me that this situation happend to him once ages ago ( probably before i was born ) as u said that u can get in 1st 3rd n 5th, and not 2nd and 4th. i'll ask him later on and let u know, but he's on holiday atm, so i might be able to answer u until 2mo

Ray

Guessing......it may be the gear linkage had a similar problem on my mercedes....if in doubt take it to toyota and ask them to have a look...it will cost you nothing for them to have a look...only costs if they are going to fix it.

umm.... if u have checked the oil and theres nothing wrong with it, then it might be the gearbox going! i remember my dad had told me that this situation happend to him once ages ago ( probably before i was born ) as u said that u can get in 1st 3rd n 5th, and not 2nd and 4th. i'll ask him later on and let u know, but he's on holiday atm, so i might be able to answer u until 2mo

Ray

Thanks mate. Thats right, no 2nd, 4th or reverse.

Any info is helpful :thumbsup:

Its a cable linkage on these & im not sure if it could be a fault with it. I may check with Toyota

Thanks

Sounds like you need to get it in to MrT mate - seem to remember youre up north - the perth toyota isnt too bad. it of a drive though from edinburgh?

could be spring on synchromesh is broken?? i'm not a mechanic.. but you never know.

Will it change gear if you double the clutch.. ie.. press the clutch take out of gear.. let clutch out (coast a little) then press clutch again to go into the next gear?

When changing gear, the gearbox is really tight. I can only select 1st,3rd & 5th gear & i can only do this by giving the stick a hard push (no funny comments  :D )

Im hoping that someone on here has had a problem like this b4 as i dont really want to take it into Mr T to get it looked at. Ive spent loads of money on the car in the past few weeks, getting it looking like a dream & i have no spare cash left to fix it

Thanks in advance

Hi Ross. Is it possible something you have modified has affected the cable gear linkage. Seems a bit strange to lose 2nd 4th and reverse. Engine cover putting extra pressure on something, or pulling a cable tighter or something.

Also, try getting a mate to roll the car very slowly backwards + forwards while you try to engage the missing gears.. obviously without the engine running.. what happens? do you feel the gearbox about to engage a gear, or does it just feel like a blocked gate?

Hope u get it sorted

check the ball joints on the linkages

my mate was playing around in his and did an enthusisatic gear change and the ball popped out the socket, albeit it was jammed in 1st

When changing gear, the gearbox is really tight. I can only select 1st,3rd & 5th gear & i can only do this by giving the stick a hard push (no funny comments  :D )

Thanks in advance

My gearbox seems to stick only sometimes if thats any help, through the gears have to push it harder, but most other times its fine!. DOnt know whta the hell it could be?, i think this is a charactristic of the t sport?

Thanks for the input guys.

The problem is still there. Ive checked everything & nothing seems to be visibily wrong with the linkage. There is nothing else modified under the bonnet & the engine cover is miles away from the linkage.

I will contact Toyota on monday & try to find out wots wrong. Ive also been told that the cable linkage is bad for seizing up. I may have to replace these & everything mite be ok.........hopefully.

Il let u know how i get on with it.

Thanks again for ur input :thumbsup:

When changing gear, the gearbox is really tight. I can only select 1st,3rd & 5th gear

As Rob already pointed to, it's likely the shift cable (prolly blocked in it's sleeve).

Yves.

Im gonna take the cables off 2moro & find out wot the problem is. If theres no joy there, i shall give Toyota a call & ask them for some advice

My gearbox seems to stick only sometimes if thats any help, through the gears have to push it harder, but most other times its fine!. DOnt know whta the hell it could be?, i think this is a charactristic of the t sport?

That's a simple one to answer... you've got a lazy left foot! You've got to make sure the clutch is 110% in before you change... this means ramming the pedal to the floor unless you adjust the pedal.

Ive had a look at my car today & ive found the problem!!!

I stripped the gear linkage cables from the car & found that 1 of them is knackered. I cut it open as its totally seized & found that there are 2 layers of rubber on the outside & 2 layers of cable inside. The most inward cable is the one that moves when the gearstick is moved, this had broken up inside & jammed up the movement.

Its a very simple process to remove these cables. Hope this helps with any similar problems for anyone else in the future.

The cost of the cable is the worst part.........................£99.88 from Toyota.EACH

No1 else makes them & i have to wait till wednesday till i get it. :(

The cost of the cable is the worst part.........................£99.88 from Toyota. EACH

WTF! That is a silly amount to pay for a cable! :ffs:

The cost of the cable is the worst part.........................£99.88 from Toyota. EACH

WTF! That is a silly amount to pay for a cable! :ffs:

That's MR T for ya!

If i dont buy the cable. I cant drive my car.

Best option for me is to buy the cable i think!!! :P