Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clunking Noise When Lowered T Sport

admanirv

I lowered my t sport on 40mm pi springs keeping the oringinal shocks.

I know it would have been ideal to buy shocks at the same but didnt know at the time and couldnt afford.

I wish i ddint do it now, but it handles like a dream and looks sweet. THign is occaisionally i hear a slight clunk noise from drivers side.

The seems to only happen when a) i accelerate really quick from stand still and B) when i come to a complete halt.

Getting a bit worried now, the wheel arnt rubbing or anyhting ive checked that.

Just wodnering if any one else has lowered there t sport on 40mm and if its okay etc.

regards

Sounds like a something isn't bolted on properly and there is a bit of play, so when accelerating/braking hard it moves position and clunks. Has the hub been bolted securely back onto the shock? Could be the inner CV joint... but I doubt it.

Sounds like a something isn't bolted on properly and there is a bit of play, so when accelerating/braking hard it moves position and clunks. Has the hub been bolted securely back onto the shock? Could be the inner CV joint... but I doubt it.

To be honest mate i dont know loads about lowering, i had a look and it seems to be sitting right on the plate. (drivers side).

Hub? (not the hub behind caliper?) i can take wheel off and have a look, if youve got an any advice what to look for.

I though it may have been the stabilser joint? coz when the take shocks apart?,maybe im wrong

Im sure it didnt happen when i first got it lowered

To be honest mate i dont know loads about lowering, i had a look and it seems to be sitting right on the plate. (drivers side).

Hub? (not the hub behind caliper?) i can take wheel off and have a look, if youve got an any advice what to look for.

I though it may have been the stabilser joint? coz when the take shocks apart?,maybe im wrong

If you take the wheel off, the hub (the bit which the wheel joins and all the brakes are) should be bolted to the struts using two big bolts and nuts. Make sure these are tightened up fully (you shouldn't see any gaps). Now open the bonnet and check that the top of the struts are bolted in properly (might be hard to test tighteness becasue the windscreen wiper section gets in the way - damn these small engine bays!). Also at the stop of the strut is a really greasy bolt. This may be loose but you'll never be able to tighten it while its on the car... it'll have to come off which can be a job and a half if you've never done it before (oh, and you'll need a table vice), but I doubt it's that.

It sounds like you didn't fit the springs, maybe take it back to where you got it lowered?

If you take the wheel off, the hub (the bit which the wheel joins and all the brakes are) should be bolted to the struts using two big bolts and nuts. Make sure these are tightened up fully (you shouldn't see any gaps). Now open the bonnet and check that the top of the struts are bolted in properly (might be hard to test tighteness becasue the windscreen wiper section gets in the way - damn these small engine bays!). Also at the stop of the strut is a really greasy bolt. This may be loose but you'll never be able to tighten it while its on the car... it'll have to come off which can be a job and a half if you've never done it before (oh, and you'll need a table vice), but I doubt it's that.

It sounds like you didn't fit the springs, maybe take it back to where you got it lowered?

Yeah i didnt fit the springs mate, ill look at those things you said and ill take it to a garage on sat and see what comes up. Just dont wanna get robbed, theres a garage down here the guys supposed to be good and wont rip me off.

thanks for your help mate :thumbsup:

i had a noise comming from the rear which when i took to a garage they just said wasnt seated correctly so they adjusted it slightly

hi

my tte springs clatter when u go over bumps in the road looks like the the bottom of the springs slapping together...

it could be that the top mounts have missed places its self when the springs tension was released...

hi

my tte springs clatter when u go over bumps in the road looks like the the bottom of the springs slapping together...

it could be that the top mounts have missed places its self when the springs tension was released...

Cheers for that mate, im going to have a look this week a things, hopefully its not a casue fro concern, just happens od times and annoys me

i used to get a clunkin noise just before i stopped. but since i went to the meet yesterday and it had a long dirve it seem to have gone away. oh and my car isnt lowered. YET :P

i used to get a clunkin noise just before i stopped. but since i went to the meet yesterday and it had a long dirve it seem to have gone away. oh and my car isnt lowered. YET :P

i take it back. after my long drive on the meet yesterday the clunkin has stopped. wierd

i take it back. after my long drive on the meet yesterday the clunkin has stopped. wierd

Don't be so sure :P

I've found that (on my old fiat :wacko: ) when the brakes were noisy, they seemed better after a run to London and back, giving them a good blasting on the way down! Maybe it was just the rally style braking on the meet Chris!! :lol: