Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Driver

ClydeVella

Hi, I'll be getting my licence very soon and I'll be starting on a 5-Door 1.0

Got any advice about anything I should know about the car, or anything I can do to make sure nothin goes wrong/ anythin to better it? :P

I know Toyota's don't tend to give any trouble, but who knows! :rolleyes:

thx :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClydeVella

• Robie

• RossP

• Demonic Angel

Gears can be a bit of a ***** sometimes to change into, but that's the main one that pops into my mind really! I'm sure other people will have other points to make though!

Hi, I'll be getting my licence very soon and I'll be starting on a 5-Door 1.0

Got any advice about anything I should know about the car, or anything I can do to make sure nothin goes wrong/ anythin to better it?  :P

I know Toyota's don't tend to give any trouble, but who knows!  :rolleyes:

thx  :thumbsup:

Nope! Should give you no problems from the day you first drive it to the day you sell it. Anything you want to do will just be personal taste like suspension, exhaust, cosmetics, etc... It won't make the car last any longer.

Nothing to say about the car other than whats allready been said, shouldn't give you any problems.

Just take your time with it, look after it, and it will look after you.

Gears can be a bit of a ***** sometimes to change into, but that's the main one that pops into my mind really! I'm sure other people will have other points to make though!

lazy me got an automatic :P

They're actually much cheaper to import then the Manual ones, in Malta! Anyway everywhere's traffic in this little hole-filled island!

My 2nd car (1st Toyota) was a 1.0L manual, and I loved it - the 1.0L is nippy for it's size and cheap to run too.

Show us photo's when you can :)

Some Yarii have reported a few cabin creaks - but its nothing to be alarmed about - my 1st Yaris creaked so much I nicknamed her "mouse" but this new one is quiet as a mouse! :lol:

Generally speaking - what everyone else has said is golden - treat it right and it'll treat you right - I've never had a problem with either of my Yarii - they are super cars and Karis sure did treat me right when the time came and I'm thankful I got a Yaris rather than any other car!

You have chosen well my Padwan! :lol::lol:

To be honest you don't even have to treat em "right". They can take a fair bit of stick... not that I do that to my poor Yaris ;)

Got 2 pics :)

I haven't modified it much, got a rear spoiler, rims & tyres & next thursday I'm getting black&grey seat covers

823781_3_full.jpg

823781_6_full.jpg

The Door mirrors whistle..................(You can join in if you want to.....but most of us just turn up the stereo :D )

Welcome.....you have made a good choice and will not regret it :thumbsup:

PS you have used the same avatar as me :thumbsup:

The Door mirrors whistle..................(You can join in if you want to.....but most of us just turn up the stereo :D )

What do you mean "join in"? And yeah, I'm in favor of that turning up the sterio ;) Thats hitting 2 birds with 1 stone :rolleyes:

What do you mean "join in"? And yeah, I'm in favor of that turning up the sterio ;) Thats hitting 2 birds with 1 stone :rolleyes:

"join in" = whistle with the mirrors (English Humour) :D :D ;)

"join in" = whistle with the mirrors (English Humour) :D :D ;)

ooooh lol i thought it was some top secret high level car aerodynamic modification talk haha :D

It is.. i have 2 "join in's" on mine (more humour)

Very nice to see a white one, you don't see too many :thumbsup:

hmm... my yaris doesnt whistle... :)

nice looking litle car you've got there... :thumbsup:

I treat my car fairly well - regular spunge-bath & wax, regular full-synthetic oil, - but I tend to drive like a maniac... it still loves me though and I think it even likes it... ;)

The Yaris I have now whistles like crazy, it reminds me of a whistling teapot..and no matter what speed she still does it :ffs: only seems to be the driverside one tho..my T3 did it very occasionally so that wasnt bad..but this one, grrr :!Removed!:

My door mirrors dont whistle..... I've never heard it anyway, but then I never have the windows down so I probably wouldnt......

Yeah, I get the 'whistling' too. Thought it might have been the rear mounted roof aerial but could be the mirrors, I guess.

The Vitz looks awesome in white. See lots of them on foreign sites but rarely over here. :thumbsup:

Incidentally (and curiously) Cirrus White seems to be only available on the T2 and T3 in the UK.

To answer your question, just get it serviced at the recommended intervals and enjoy it. It will be just fine. :yes:

Thanks, will do :)

Been hearing alot about those whistles, and my mum's old Subaru M80's driver side mirror whistles alot too.

Well, thats encouragment for adding more Speakers on the car :lol::thumbsup:

Mine doesn't whistle at all... even at the national limit!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

what is the national limit over there?

its around 50mph in malta :( (80kms)

This thread is really useful as i may be in his position soon hopefully! Could you not just change the wingmirrors?

P.s. Robie i notice u in bucks with the car i want! you got any pics of it n wher bouts in bucks are ya?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links