Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J D Power Survey

alanbradley

Yes folks, its once again time to see if we all do love our Yari too much!

This year the Yaris came 3rd overall of the 124 different car models surveyed. Unfortunately we were beaten by the Lexus IS at second (round of applause to our friends at LOC) and - dammit - the Honda Jazz at 1st (cue boos and hisses).

It seems that wilst we all think that the vehicle quality (mechanical reliability, interior quality and exterior quality) are above average we think that the vehicle appeal (performance, interior and exterior) and dealer servce and ownership costs are in the highest possible ranking. Overall, and darned good 85.1% and a 5* ranking. :thumbsup:

In case you're interested, full results are in this month's "What Car?" magazine and on their website...

Do you agree? Disagree?

A

Dealer service in the highest possible ranking, well seeing I never voted! :ffs:

I'd agree with dealer service (even though I'm too young to vote!)

And by dealer I mean Farmer & Carlisle - NOT LISTERS!

Yarii are super! And I must say Honda Jazz is deserving of a high rank - they are good cars - however I'm sure they made a mistake - Yaris 1st, Jazz 3rd? :lol::lol:

I knew you'd say that... Maybe it excludes Arnold Clark customers <_<

Oh, I forgot to mention that Toyota were 4th overall in the manufacturer listings, behind Lexus (1st), Skoda and Honda.

Last placed was the Kia Sportage, 2nd last the MGF/TF and tying for 3rd last were the Fiat Stilo, Merc M-Class and Nissan Terrano...

A

Quite good results.

Yaris 2nd in Supermini

Corrolla 1st in Small Car

Celica and Mr2 2nd and 3rd in Roadster

IS 1st in Executive

Lexus 1st overall

Toyota 4th overall

its probably because of the marque.

2nd was the BMW 3 series - which is hardly executive either (3 series is more commonly perceived as a rep mobile imho)

whats executive about IS's?

you could say the same for the 3 series, C-class, A4 etc...

but thats what they are categorised as, small exec..

i suppose, but the same they all seam to be rep carts. ive always seen 5 + 7 series etc as exec cars.

they probably just lump Lexus, BMW,MB etc into the same "executive" category - no matter what the model