Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Wipers

Blue84

Hi guys,

Need a bit of advice - everytime I use the windscreen wipers on the blue the driverside one tends to "bounce" across the screen and leave lines as it goes up the windscreen, but if fine going back down and also the one on the passenger side leaves a line/streak too all the time.

It doesnt get any better or worse whether it's heavy rain or not, the only time it did improve was when I was driving around for ages in the rain - but even so it wasnt perfect. It's also a very loud noise too and it is very annoying.

Any idea's/tips as to what's causing it? Will try and remember to check the blades tonight after work.

Blue

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starletsr

• Matthew_McNally

• Blue84

• dicey2k

Yep, you need new blades!

No easy way around it, they don't last very long unless you spend more money on them! They deteriorate quickly unless you wash them with a treatment solution everytime you wash the car.

It could also be that they are mis-aligned, try bending them around until you get them working properly!

Mine does that occasionally - although not everytime - I assumed it was because the windscreen wasnt wet enough and the rubber from the wipers bounced because it was too dry to stick to the windscreen?

But if yours does it all the time and even in wet weather that cant be the reason..... surely you cant need a wiper change already??

try cleaning the blades and the windscreen thoroughly.

if you do need new wipers, I would recommend PIAA silicone ones ;)

Bosch is the only way, Helfords sell them.

I changed mine about 3 weeks ago.

The windscreen is so clear, there is no bouncing or marks.

Also the wiped away water actually stays at the edge of the screen,

It doesn't get dragged back like the cheapo wilko ones.

tbh everytime i have bought a car or my parents i have had to buy new wipers. they just put the cheapest naffest ones they can at the dealers. i put some new Bosch ones on the other day with a spoiler and i can now see where i am goin when its rainin :P

Who makes the ones that Toyota fit, by the way? I'd go outside and check but it's raining! :rolleyes:

Thanks Guys, am a bit peeved off that she needs them already as have only had her since March 5th :ffs: and it's not like they have been put under really heavy use either

Thanks Guys, am a bit peeved off that she needs them already as have only had her since March 5th  :ffs: and it's not like they have been put under really heavy use either

it may not.

go out and clean them, and the windscreen thoroughly :thumbsup:

I brought some Bosch ones yesterday, not rained yet to see how well they work...

I saw them on earpls car and it makes loads of difference

Drivers side blade is 21" and the passenger side is 15"

Hope this helps

Matt

Matt is right about the cleaning though, Blue. Can make a world of difference. Dirt that builds up on the screen and under the wipers can lift the wipers and not clean the screen properly and leave smears.

If you haven't got a proper car windscreen cleaner, use one of the pump action spray ones for glass that you've probably got in the house. :thumbsup:

I use Autoglym 'Fast Glass' but have been known to reach for the Mr Muscle glass and window cleaner with added vinegar!.

Edited by Al J

Who makes the ones that Toyota fit, by the way? I'd go outside and check but it's raining!  :rolleyes:

NWB, on the Japanese ones anyways.

I've never had any problems with them, I buy them aftermarket though.

Yves.

I use Autoglym 'Fast Glass' but have been known to reach for the Mr Muscle glass and window cleaner with added vinegar!.

The vinegar is important then - non smear! :lol::lol:

Who makes the ones that Toyota fit, by the way? I'd go outside and check but it's raining!  :rolleyes:

And it looks like Valeo for the French ones...

I clean the screen with "Dazzle" - an industrial glass and stainless steel cleaner. Its far better than Windolene...

Once I've got all the windows clean then I Rain-X them and the mirrors. The difference it makes in the wet is amazing and because the water's shifting off the glass faster it takes a lot of the dirt with it.

Hope that helps,

Alan

The vinegar is important then - non smear! :lol::lol:

Got it in one. :thumbsup:

try cleaning the blades and the windscreen thoroughly.

if you do need new wipers, I would recommend PIAA silicone ones ;)

i agree with Matt, Bosch are good but PIAA are better,you even get a RainX wipe with them.

try cleaning your Wiper Blades with meths before window polish,it will remove any grease.

Once I've got all the windows clean then I Rain-X them and the mirrors. The difference it makes in the wet is amazing and because the water's shifting off the glass faster it takes a lot of the dirt with it.

Hope that helps,

Alan

yep RainX is excellent stuff dont need your wipers half the time :D

yep RainX is excellent stuff dont need your wipers half the time :D

Used RainX on the last car but not had the screen clean and dry and the same time to use it on this one yet! :P

BOSCH. go. now. buy. :P

Never use Bosch again crap stuff, i'd advise champions ..... if that's what it's called. But Bosch goes funny after a short while, i've been using Bosch for quite a while and they are fine at first, but after a few times using it, it goes all crap.

BOSCH. go. now. buy. :P

Never use Bosch again crap stuff, i'd advise champions ..... if that's what it's called. But Bosch goes funny after a short while, i've been using Bosch for quite a while and they are fine at first, but after a few times using it, it goes all crap.

did you clean and look after them?

if you dont clean them and look after them they will get warped and become so loaded with dirt it smears all the time

Yeah of course i do, but even my family has been using them for a long time and they say it's not good as they don't last very long.

tbh i can back you up on that. they only seem good for a month or so then you start gettin streaks across the screen. ive been told about some good ones for next time. but the name of them escapes me atm. ill let u know when i remember :P

Thanks chris, like i said good and excellent to start with, but quality don't last long.

I got good ones on my glanza, but i don't know what brand they are.

the problem with Rain X is that the water only sheets off at about 35 - 40mph (and over).

and if you use the wipers, it smears to buggery.

use it on the sides and back (maybe - does the yaris have a rear wiper?) windows, and use PIAA silicone wiper on the front.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links