Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, I Guess Its "modded"now...

alanbradley

Right, that's me just picked my car up from the garage now it has had its TTE springs fitted and it looks - well :unsure: - low...

I think I'm just not used to it yet and it will grow on me, and I'm not sure that the ickle 14" alloys are really doing it justice either. I can see this spiralling as new wheels and tyres are called for :rolleyes:

I can't tell you what the ride's like as I've only driven it a couple of hundred yards and I still have to get all the alignment re-done.

Theres a Jetex air filter sitting under my desk too...

I'll try and post up piccies soon, but I've got folk staying tonight so I might not get a chance.

Cheers,

Alan :huh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanbradley

• Ryan1985

• seveer unaek

• Kerby

LOL nice :thumbsup

Look forward to seeing pictures... are these TTE springs the ones the T-Sport come with, ie 20mm lower?

Its the TTE 30mm lowering springs! Nice one Alan, look forward to the pictures! :thumbsup:

I've just realised that I forgot to give Kimi her name-check!

Cheers Kim! :wub:

:thumbsup:

A

Look forward to seeing pictures... are these TTE springs the ones the T-Sport come with, ie 20mm lower?

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Not this again!

The t-sport doesn't have 20mm springs! It's chassis design is 20mm lower than all the other models, with normal springs. The SR has 30mm TTE springs, so as standard is lower than a standard t-sport, but many T-Sport owners lower their cars on 30mm or more springs, thus making thier car's 50mm lower than standard!

Thats the SR, Tsports arent lower becuase of the springs mate

yes it will happen. i started off with an induction kit to get more of a grunt. i then got an exhaust then the wheels and now i have got lowering springs waitin to be fitted

go on lad get a backbox on it now, i know it sounds mad but i love diesel. i`ve heard a few diesels with backboxs and its strange to say but yea its different but o.k :thumbsup:

I've just realised that I forgot to give Kimi her name-check!

Cheers Kim! :wub:

:thumbsup:

A

Thanks Alan :thumbsup:

glad they fit ok, wasnt sure with you having a diesel :unsure:

dont forget the piccys so we can all have a look :rolleyes:

You littke modder, Alan! Yeah, Some pics would be nice and then... some 15s?

Don't see Alan on chrome 17s somehow. :lol:

Sweet.. :thumbsup:

Never knew that the SR had 30mm TTE springs as standard - learn something everday.

Look forward to the pics!

Nice one Alan ... now chip it!!

Get that 190Nm of torque that everyone's dreaming of! Then you can test out your springs potential fully! :D

You know you want to! :thumbsup:

I'd love too see a modded d4d. Not so much cosmetically, but just to see what the engine is capable of :D

Sirry for the late reply folks - I have friends staying and I didn't get a chance to play on the comuter last night!

Alan,

You're on the slippery road ... bigger wheels, tints ....

Its gonna happen!

Clarky

Oh yes...

go on lad get a backbox on it now, i know it sounds mad but i love diesel. i`ve heard a few diesels with backboxs and its strange to say but yea its different but o.k :thumbsup:

But it sounds like a tractor already! :lol: Don't know about the backbox yet - I haven't found any aftermarket oned for the diesel :unsure:

You littke modder, Alan! Yeah, Some pics would be nice and then... some 15s?

Don't see Alan on chrome 17s somehow. :lol:

I don't see me on chrome 17s either!

No, 15s are looking like a bit of a possibility. Its just finding ones that I both like and can afford...

Nice one Alan ... now chip it!!

Get that 190Nm of torque that everyone's dreaming of! Then you can test out your springs potential fully!  :D

You know you want to!  :thumbsup:

Noooooo.... Its 400+ quid for the chips but I can see me moving that way. 15s first though. Look at the pics and you'll see why.

And finally... The pics. Sorry the car's filthy, but if give you an idea what it normally looks like ;)

v121-low-03.jpg

v121-low-02.jpg

v121-low-01.jpg

I put the Jetex filter in this morning and it certainly seems to improve the pickup and extend the torque band slightly. The springs really make a difference on the roundabouts and somehow there seems to be more grip, but maybe thats because all the wheels are still a bit /----\ (if you know what I mean) at the minute. I'll need to get the alignment sorted now :rolleyes:

Cheers for all the comments and advice :thumbsup:

A

Looks good Alan!! :hokus-pokus:

Really Really need to get mine done, i've had a couple of comedy handling moments in mine... :lol:

I did think that the T-Sport was lower because of the chassis design, not because of the springs, you're right seveer + matt! :thumbsup: