Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ouch,

Lenry

Ouch that heart. My Yaris keep electrocuting me, I've heard of these earthing kits.

Do they actually work in this manor? are they to stop the build up of static so that I don't go Ouch

If so where do i get one from? How much are they?

One more thing, how hard is it to fit? Would I need to take the Yaris in to a garage?

Thanks Lads & Ladies

Lenry

GOOD. its not just happenin to me. everytime i get out of my car i get it. and it aint just a slight shock. u hear it crack. not a clue but me bein me id rather have the shocks than have those earthin kits. from wot i have heard they are useless anyway

Hi. There are two types of earthing (or 'grounding' kit) I believe. One is for the engine and probably doesn't work but looks cool...

TOC grounding kit thread

This would not stop you getting electric shocks from your car, though.

What you may have in mind are the strips that hang down from the car and touch the road...

these probably don't work either! :D

Wear cotton.

Also, don't be scared of touching the car door to close it with your hand. Trying to close it with say, a finger, hurts more as you have just made yourself into a point source for the static electricity build up.

GOOD. its not just happenin to me. everytime i get out of my car i get it. and it aint just a slight shock. u hear it crack. not a clue but me bein me id rather have the shocks than have those earthin kits. from wot i have heard they are useless anyway

Really that’s a blow I was hoping that it would sort it.

I didn't even have to touch the outside of the car to get a shock today.

I opened the door as soon as one foot was on the floor; I got a shock from the screw in the interior panel.

It was a loud cracking noise it made my hand go red.

mines been giving me a shock EVERY time i get out of the car, its doing my nut in....

It really hurts on some occasions and i get some funny looks

mines been giving me a shock EVERY time i get out of the car, its doing my nut in....

and the good news is... it'll get worse as the weather improves and the air gets drier! :yes:

and the good news is... it'll get worse as the weather improves and the air gets drier! :yes:

Sounds like the summer is going to be fun.

Look out for silly looking Yaris owners, jumping from there cars the frazzled hair. lol :blink:

yeah the amount out times i end up jumpin around yellin in the middle of a car park. get rather embarrasin. and u can bet ur life that ur passenger just bursts out laughin. so i get my own back later by lettin them get out the car first :P

wouldnt mind tho it goes thru cloths as well. ive now learnt to close the door with either the window or the door handle. and wot ever u do dont close it with ur backside. it hurts like hell

wouldnt mind tho it goes thru cloths as well. ive now learnt to close the door with either the window or the door handle. and wot ever u do dont close it with ur backside. it hurts like hell

He He lol

Thats why i think it is happen Al, becuase where i live we have been having some good weather :D

It seems to happen no matter where i place my hand, the funny thing is..... it 1) only ever happens to me

2) i forget about it every time in advance for the future

Doh

:yes: I did get shocks 2 but now when i get out of my car i keep hold of the body work on door then get out you are earthing your self NO MORE SHOCKS :thumbsup:

Change your shoes! My Yaris does it EVERY time if I wear my slip on suede shoes. But NEVER does it if I where my normal suede shoes with laces.... dunno why but it doesn't.

I used to have a pair of old faithful Adidas trainers which I wore EVERYWHERE!, including in my blessed old Matiz....

The Matiz used to shock me every single time - it became something synonymous with the car and it wasnt till I bought new trainers that it stopped!

My Yaris never shocks me, probably because the electricity cant get up the 6 inch heels I now wear! :lol::lol::lol:

Try holding on to the door, a part with metal obviously :P before you put your foot on the ground... any difference?

haha yea both myself and passanger have been shocked i was got it on the ear haha that **** hurt :lol:

Can't say it's happened to me either...

*bit off topic; and the weather is so messed up here today, nearly 29 degrees and it's raining....doesn't seem quite right driving my car in the rain with the a/c on :unsure:

Its your Footwear!!!!!!!!

It happens to me when i have my thick soled trainers on, but not my leather work shoes! For god's sake don't add that 'tail' onto the chassis! they look 80's and naff!

Edit: I'm not going to bore you with the physics of it all, its too early in the day!

wire strips actually work...

just put a couple of chains under your car - no shock, great looks & awesome sound!!! :wacko::lol:

another solution is wearing rubber/racing gloves - how cool is that? :P

My old yaris use to shock me too. cant remember if it was getting in or out tho. One thing i'm sure on is that i also heard a crack when i put my key into the ignition! At nite i;ve seen a spark pass from the ignition to my key!

Never thort much of it. Might help to wake me up a bit in the morning. No signs of it in my new tsport (yet!).

Actually, a few have noticed, it's you who gets charged up so the electrical discharge is travelling from you. Good insulating soles and it hurts!

Oh and to anyone who is maybe thinking that rubber tyres are insulators... steel bracing, so no.

Ever see Top Gear when they tested Faraday's cage principle? Awesome!

Also, don't be scared of touching the car door to close it with your hand. Trying to close it with say, a finger, hurts more as you have just made yourself into a point source for the static electricity build up.

Yeah, but you cant help it, thinking, the less I touch of it, the less chance there is of a shock! lol

Close the door by the window i you have to, just means you need to polish them more to get big hand prints off! lol

Thank god for that, glad to hear that it isn't just me. My partner didn't believe me when I told him.... that was until it happened to him, It was funny then. It does hurt though, and it only happens when getting out of the car. I've also had funny looks in car parks when I suddenly wave my arm about after the shock. :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links