Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ouch,

Lenry

Don't have problems in the summer.. But when they start gritting the roads (poor grounding) every time.. :!Removed!:

thought it was just me too, very strange ?

Does the Battery plate need to be earthed ?

GOOD. its not just happenin to me. everytime i get out of my car i get it. and it aint just a slight shock. u hear it crack. not a clue but me bein me id rather have the shocks than have those earthin kits. from wot i have heard they are useless anyway

Hi guys,

I had that problem since I bought my car. I dont know if you wud believe me but I have added the earthing kit (in the engine bay) and since then I have not got any shocks. I did the earthing kit myself. Just need the wires (heat resistant, and thick enough with enough meshes) and the wires endings/terminations. Available quite easily and cheaply. U just have to cut, add terminations and bolt onto the engine and car frame. Choose the points of fixations as in pics available for the kit.

It wont cost much. If this does not help in reducing the shocks, you will still get a good looking engine bay.

Cheers

Ismael

I used to have a pair of old faithful Adidas trainers which I wore EVERYWHERE!, including in my blessed old Matiz....

The Matiz used to shock me every single time - it became something synonymous with the car and it wasnt till I bought new trainers that it stopped!

Oh yes, the good old Matiz... that shocked like a naked ghost of my grandmother! No matter what shoes... i got shocked!1

Ever see Top Gear when they tested Faraday's cage principle? Awesome!

T'was indeed!!

On this subject, i get shocked a fair bit, but i just shut the door with the rubber edge around the window... or hold onto the door until im earthed. Another advantage of using the rubber is no greasy finger prints end up on my paintwork!

Oh, and i get shocks in the worst of places.... im a big bloke, i have flabby man-!Removed! and when squeezing out of a car in a tight space... nipples get shocked! Now that friggin' hurts!!! 10,000 volts of electric shock through your nipple!!!

(And yes, it is 10,000 volts... well, that's average anyway! Found that out on a daytime TV program for primary school kids!!! Great source of info!!)

Oh, and i get shocks in the worst of places.... im a big bloke, i have flabby man-!Removed! and when squeezing out of a car in a tight space... nipples get shocked! Now that friggin' hurts!!! 10,000 volts of electric shock through your nipple!!!

:lol: Pmsl :thumbsup:

Can just picture it now.. :ph34r::lol::wacko:

I used to have a pair of old faithful Adidas trainers which I wore EVERYWHERE!, including in my blessed old Matiz....

The Matiz used to shock me every single time - it became something synonymous with the car and it wasnt till I bought new trainers that it stopped!

Oh yes, the good old Matiz... that shocked like a naked ghost of my grandmother! No matter what shoes... i got shocked!1

Ever see Top Gear when they tested Faraday's cage principle? Awesome!

T'was indeed!!

On this subject, i get shocked a fair bit, but i just shut the door with the rubber edge around the window... or hold onto the door until im earthed. Another advantage of using the rubber is no greasy finger prints end up on my paintwork!

(And yes, it is 10,000 volts... well, that's average anyway! Found that out on a daytime TV program for primary school kids!!! Great source of info!!)

LMAO that's one of the most funny things i've read on here.

Thank you.

LMAO that's one of the most funny things i've read on here.

Thank you.

You're very welcome!

Yeah we all know Seveer is funny.......

in the head that is! :lol::lol::lol:

Only joking babes (and fellow Carlo'er!) You knows I loves ya! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah we all know Seveer is funny.......

in the head that is!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Only joking babes (and fellow Carlo'er!) You knows I loves ya!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Im very funny in the head! Some strange things go on up there! and ay, i knows you loves me, how could you not... i have a carlo blue yariiiii!!!

Oh, you saying 'you knows i loves ya' reminded me of that goldie lookin' chain song! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links