Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Cd Player Will Fit In 2003 Yaris?

famz

Hey guys,

i need your help.... :help:

im new to this forum, just bought a Toyota Yaris 2003 model, its come standard with a Cassette Player :huh: which i dont want, i want to install my own cd player, i already have a PIONEER DEH P9600MP, can anyone tel me if that will fit and how to go about it? id really appriciate it.

:thumbsup:

Hey guys,

i need your help....  :help:

im new to this forum, just bought a Toyota Yaris 2003 model, its come standard with a Cassette Player  :huh:  which i dont want, i want to install my own cd player, i already have a PIONEER DEH P9600MP, can anyone tel me if that will fit and how to go about it? id really appriciate it.

Have a look on the "How To and usefull information section" under Yaris important topics..........its well documented.

And welcome :thumbsup:

Before you go searching, i'll anser your questions in a basic way.

Yes, you can fit that head unit in. It will go in two places, either the cash tray under your tape player, or you can take the whole lot out and put in a fascia plate with cage adaptor to fit it in nice and professional.

There is plenty in the How to's though!

Hey guys,

i need your help....  :help:

im new to this forum, just bought a Toyota Yaris 2003 model, its come standard with a Cassette Player  :huh:  which i dont want, i want to install my own cd player, i already have a PIONEER DEH P9600MP, can anyone tel me if that will fit and how to go about it? id really appriciate it.

Have a look on the "How To and usefull information section" under Yaris important topics..........its well documented.

And welcome :thumbsup:

oh ok thanx ill go check it out :thumbsup:

Before you go searching, i'll anser your questions in a basic way.

Yes, you can fit that head unit in. It will go in two places, either the cash tray under your tape player, or you can take the whole lot out and put in a fascia plate with cage adaptor to fit it in nice and professional.

There is plenty in the How to's though!

sweet, if i put it in the cash tray can i still keep the cassett player working? i no it may seem like a silly q but i have no ideas on Yaris's :!Removed!:

sweet, if i put it in the cash tray can i still keep the cassett player working? i no it may seem like a silly q but i have no ideas on Yaris's  :!Removed!:

Unfortunatley not. It will stop working so all the buttons will be redundant and make it look untidy IMO!

sweet, if i put it in the cash tray can i still keep the cassett player working? i no it may seem like a silly q but i have no ideas on Yaris's  :!Removed!:

Unfortunatley not. It will stop working so all the buttons will be redundant and make it look untidy IMO!

:unsure: erm what would you recommend i do? as u see my pioneer DEH p9600 flips down and i had a problem fittin it in my last car, (mk2 punto) cos of the way the audio section was in the car and cos the facia stoppd the flip from coming down on the headunit. :D

Yes, its 100% possible, personally I would remove the tape player altogether but its alot of cash just for the bits that you need to do it! :thumbsup:

....but its alot of cash just for the bits that you need to do it! :thumbsup:

what dyu mean? removing it? is taking the standard cassette section out alot of work? :rolleyes:

He means for the fascia surround, adaptors etc. Come to roughly 90 UK pounds for the lot, but looks tidier than fitting it in the coin slot

He means for the fascia surround, adaptors etc. Come to roughly 90 UK pounds for the lot, but looks tidier than fitting it in the coin slot

:o i c. can anyone show me what the adaptor looks like, cos im sure i mite be able to find one on eBay or on net or even a scrap yard for cheaper.

:o i c. can anyone show me what the adaptor looks like, cos im sure i mite be able to find one on eBay or on net or even a scrap yard for cheaper.

Have a look here >>> http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=28967&hl=yaris :)

Thats 1 sweet headunit, and i want it :drool: hehe

check the how to's thell give u all the info u need and part numbers

and yes it will fit fine, i know a chap who has that in his yaris

so so jellous, fine choice of headunit!! :thumbsup:

Thats 1 sweet headunit, and i want it  :drool: hehe

check the how to's thell give u all the info  u need and part numbers

and yes it will fit fine, i know a chap who has that in his yaris

so so jellous, fine choice of headunit!!  :thumbsup:

lol so u saying me got good taste yeh? ;)

if u want one best look on eBay thats where i got mine from always wanted one sinc it came out, original price in Halfords and net is rounf £350-450 :ffs:

another thing, if u put a facias in and take the whole casesste section out will the display (above Air con) show the head unit details, e.g. trak number etc. or will it not work at all :wacko: ?

another thing, if u put a facias in and take the whole casesste section out will the display (above Air con) show the head unit details, e.g. trak number etc. or will it not work at all :wacko: ?

c'mon man.. Who needs the crappy Toyota display to show you track numbers when the HU is showing track titles!.. :hokus-pokus:

I just leave mine to show the time and av mpg

c'mon man.. Who needs the crappy Toyota display to show you track numbers when the HU is showing track titles!.. :hokus-pokus:

I just leave mine to show the time and av mpg

i was just asking!! :unsure:

cos if its possible at all i want the cassette player and my new headunit if i can make them both work, i think thatl b gr8, if not ill get a facia adaptor n get it fitted that way. :eek:

i was just asking!!  :unsure:

cos if its possible at all i want the cassette player and my new headunit if i can make them both work, i think thatl b gr8, if not ill get a facia adaptor n get it fitted that way.  :eek:

My bad.. :unsure:

There probably is a way which involves too much hassle.

Get the fascia etc.. You'll not be disappointed. :D

i was just asking!!  :unsure:

cos if its possible at all i want the cassette player and my new headunit if i can make them both work, i think thatl b gr8, if not ill get a facia adaptor n get it fitted that way.  :eek:

My bad.. :unsure:

There probably is a way which involves too much hassle.

Get the fascia etc.. You'll not be disappointed. :D

ill try 2, thanx neway, if i find out how 2 ill post up 4 you guys :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links