Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Want To Modify !

blue-baby

Hello everybody :D The time has come for me to start playing about with the yaris.First i'm after alloys and lowered.I had a KA before this with 15" tsw alpines but im thinking "bigger" this time.If i lower the yaris by 35-40 mm with 17's is it going to scrub the arches badly? or would i be better with 16's? I like the look of konig trouble's and they only come in 17's(i think).Also is there any point on an induction kit on a 1 liter yaris? I would like the noise (i prefer it to exhausts) :blink: Anyway i'll leave you in peace.thanks :hokus-pokus:

konig trouble

It depends on if you are going for looks or handling.

16" wheels are much more practical for handling and ride than 17's on a car that size, but some people think the bigger the wheel the better they look.

An induction system can help any car squeeze out a *little* more power, regardless of displacement, 1.0 or otherwise. You could realize perhaps 3-5 more horsepower with an induction system on your 1.0, you'll have to decide if that is worth the price. It's my opinion that induction will do more for performance than a new exhaust will on smaller engines especially. At the very least, induction will give you a bit more throttle response and a cool sound.

I can't answer the question about rubbing/tire clearance. Someone who has a lowered Yaris probably can though.

dropping her 40mm with 17s on will = scrubbin !! :angry: .. arches will need rolling

16 with 40mm drop = :thumbsup:

ive got 16s on mine and no issues, only trouble i get is with a full load in the rear

if u want 17s then go for them its your choice at the end of the day, u can get 17 on with a 60 mm drop if u really want, but a lot of arch work will be needed and ur still likly to get problems. performance wise 16s would be better to see what they look like on a 40mm drop check my garage

induction kit: sound the nuts, no real noticable performance, some say better throttle response but each have their own opinions

look forward 2 seeing some pics

:thumbsup:

my gfs yaris is lowered about 35 or 40mm and has 15inch alloys. and it rubs with 2 passengers in the back. should it do this? or have been conned with crap springs? not so sure on the exact amount its been lowered tbh. i believe i have eipach springs. unless the box i was given back with my old springs wasnt the actual box.

You're all scaring me now :lol:

I should point out that blue-baby's significant other is a mechanic and accomplished modder (streetracer_starlet).

You should speak to Ryan - I believe he has an induction kit on his 1.0 (not sure if it does much though ;) ).

cfc1 has quite large wheels on his 1.0 too - I think they're 17s but I know he hasn't lowered it any. Check out his gragage and see what he's done. I know ho also has a full Booster kit and some other bits.

Hopefully we'll all be at the next Scottish meet but failing that I know Ryan, cfc1 and I all intend on being at JAE!

Hope that helps!

:thumbsup:

Alan

Hi...

I have a GReddy induction kit, no noticable power gains, but sounds good. :thumbsup:

No problems fitting it either.(maf sensor)

GReddy

I have 17" Kei Racing RSS wheels, was going to get Konig Holes, like the trouble too... but when i seen the RSS, i had to have them.

Good luck with your modding :thumbsup:

I have 16s and a 35mm drop and no rubbing issues at all to date. Had four in the car on friday and managed to clear several large sleeping policemen (admittedly slowly and with my teeth gritted).

If you go 17s you're almost certainly going to need arch work ... up to you. I dont personally think that the car looks much better on 17s? But thats just me?

mine looks like it could drop a bit without much trouble.. maybe its just t-sports that will have this problem?? being lower to begin with?

mine looks like it could drop a bit without much trouble.. maybe its just t-sports that will have this problem?? being lower to begin with?

I had mine with 3 ppl in 40mm drop 15 wheels, and mines a t sport. Though i ddint go over any speed bumps!

My car doesnt like speed bumps, so i go over thema t about 5mph

You know what! Ive got some 15'' chrome on mine with Toyo tyres low profiles! from the distance they look phat all my mates said! but if you want 16" they will look even more phat! I took the easiest options to prevent myself from rolling the arches! :D

Hi Heather, I have lowered mine about 50mm on 15's (195/45's) and when I have a full load in the car, the wheels don't scrub the arches but the front bumper keeps hitting the ground so keep that in mind, speed bumps are also a no go!

I wouldn't go for 17's personally as 15's or 16's look fine on a Yaris! :thumbsup:

16's and a 40mm drop should work well! :D

Ive got 15s on at mo, lowered 35mm on Apex springs, looks ok, but am upgrading to 16s in next few days, should fill up the arches nicely. 17s as said will need arch work, so a bit of hastle to be honest!

Thats what i was saying to her,lower it 35mm on 16's (a bit like my starlet) and it might scrub a little at the back(woopedy doo). She dosnt want 15's again because you can get t-sports ect with them so she thinks its pointless spending money on after market ones to be the same size as them.On regards to the induction kit,i know it aint going to give any performance but she's just after the noise.With a k&n (for example) do you get all that piping like the greedy(cfc1)? I've seen a few that come through the work and they just bolt one to the end of the airbox and sounds the same as standard. Obviously if she bought a starlet it would be a diffrent story but a yaris is a new "adventure" to me (i have to fit everything)

sorry for the long post :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dropping her 40mm with 17s on will = scrubbin !!  :angry: .. arches will need rolling

Wots this 'rolling' term all about then? Do you rise them, reshape or wot?

On regards to the induction kit,i know it aint going to give any performance but she's just after the noise.With a k&n (for example) do you get all that piping like the greedy(cfc1)? I've seen a few that come through the work and they just bolt one to the end of the airbox and sounds the same as standard. Obviously if she bought a starlet it would be a diffrent story but a yaris is a new "adventure" to me (i have to fit everything)

sorry for the long post :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

If your going to the dundee thing.. gimmie a shout i'll let you both see/hear it in action :lol: failing that.. could possibly arrange another meet?

The GReddy is a piece of cake to fit :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Might be going to dundee,dunno yet! How much was the greedy? Where from? Looks really profesional

:thumbsup: Might be going to dundee,dunno yet!  How much was the greedy? Where from? Looks really profesional

£155 from envy..

Take airbox off.. remove both sensors that are attached, fit the "cast bit" where the box was (carefull not to break it), re-attach the sensor on the left side useing the same screws that held it on before, fit L shaped hose to cast bit, fit long tube to hose (mount on the right hand airbox mount) ,fit the filter to tube cable tie the right hand sensor to a near by hose (ties supplied) job done :thumbsup:

Really needs an engine cover though :(

gallery_16130_91_1109435739.jpg

Graeme/Heather, you are better to get the GReddy induction kit as opposed to a Pipercross/K&N because the GReddy is a 'dry' filter and will not cause you to have to clean the MAF sensor every year or 6 months or whatever! :thumbsup:

Ferrariboy, by rollin the arches they take away some lining and possibly cut away at some of the arch if need be, quite a big job! :)

If you go for a big drop on big wheels you may need the arches relocating!

with a 1 litre i would go for some lightweight 15's od 16's and an average drop this way you would retain the ability to carry passengers! it would look alot better than the standard wheels and you would not loose any acceleration or tramlining associated with 17's etc!

If you are on abudget theres always T sport wheels on E-bay and also a little less common the multispoke SR wheels!

CB :thumbsup:

I personaly prefer multispoke wheels as they appear to be alot less common then five spokes!althought five spokes are a safe option as they go with anything!

Have you thought of photoshopping the image onto your yaris to get an idea of what it lookjs like!

CB :thumbsup:

I like he 5 spoke wheel.. they never go out of fashion.. but i don't like TSW's i feel they are too soft and can get bent too easily... go for jap wheels