Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silencer/tailpipe Sounds

ClydeVella

I'm no expert on these things, I don't even know which or what makes a deep sound (silencer or tailpipe) lol

My friend just bought a silencer for his 1.3 Punto and I was in awe at the nice deep sound it made :eek:

Does a tailpipe/silencer/whatever makes the sound go well with the 1.0L yaris? I mean, it currently sounds like a lawn-mower when it starts, can it fake the sound of a sports car? :rolleyes:

:D :P thx

a silencer is the exhaust back box, the tailpipe is the bit at the end of the box.

what you'll be changing if you want a sweet exhaust note is the back box/silencer, the tailpipe is just the pipe that comes out of it.

I dont thin that you can change the tailpipe without changing the silencer (unless you get a bolt on thing that goes over your current pipe - this wont change the note)

the bore of the tailpipe does have an effect on the exhaust note that you get though, generally speaking the bigger the bore/diameter the deeper the sound.

I got a 4" universal fit can, it's not the best fit though to be honest, and am getting rid of it next month. It does however make a nice deep noise when revving, and sounds really good when it's been properly warmed up, such as on the motorway. It pops when slowing down etc, can turn quite a few heads

I got a 4" universal fit can, it's not the best fit though to be honest, and am getting rid of it next month. It does however make a nice deep noise when revving, and sounds really good when it's been properly warmed up, such as on the motorway. It pops when slowing down etc, can turn quite a few heads

Pops?? lol

like... POP! pops?? :wacko:

thanks 4 the help opelfruit too ;)

Rumbles, pops, difficult to explain!

Que that :censor: blue frog.......

vroooom vroooom vrooooooooooooooooom vrooooooooooooooom pacchhh pop pachhh POP! pachhhh vroom pop pop pachh pop vroom.

Somethng like that :lol:

I'm imagining a 70's VW Beetle lol

We have one of those and it turns alot of heads and hurts alot of ears

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links