Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two More Faults With My New Tsport

ferrariboyuk

following on from my noisy engine i have noticed these two problems......

1. If i pull the handle to soon when i unlock the car the little locky thing inside pops up but the handle wont actually work, outside or in. Have to use the other door and fiddle with the lock, it click the it works. Think its only when its double locked.

Is this normal?

2. When i reverse out of my drive i revers a bit, put some right lock on.... pop it into 1st and then full left lock....... when i move off theres a strange noise as if something is catching.

Anyone had that?

Am i just nit picking and being a pain in the ar5e or should i keep being so concerned about my car.....

Cheers great people

DOM

number 1s normal yes, if u pull up to soon or hold handle up when unlocking it wont unlock the door, u just need to unlock again and should work, or re lock then unlock

as for number 2, does it sound like a hissing, in which case this just the power stearing on full lock

as for number 2, does it sound like a hissing, in which case this just the power stearing on full lock

erm.... hissing.... its possible. Not sure yet. I;ll listen for it tonight when i go out for football.

Take it this noise is only on the t-sport? And so is the lock business? My phase 1 yaris never did either..... tho it didn't have double lock.

Mine did as well (1litre) and my new one does too. It's just the power steering and is normal.

And no, you're not nit picking. There's a few little niggling faults on my car and they are all getting sorted by Mr T as soon as I can bring myself to part with it for a day! The people at Toyota seemed concerned to put it right. Let's face it, you've paid good money for your pride and joy and they have a reputation to maintain. :yes:

The first one is normal... you just got to wait before you go to open your door. If you cath it, re-lock then unlock.

The power sterring thing sounds fine... do some three point turns... turning on full lock and you should hear a sort of gas noise... not quite harsh enough to be a hiss and this is 110% normal... just the power steering.

I did the same lock thing to the Blue last week, was annoyed but it was sorted after unlocking it and locking it again.

If you aren't happy with it tho then take it back.

If you have a garage. Park in the garage and wack it on full lock. Very loud hissing then (due to the echo) :)

Aye, its normal, just the steering hitting the end of the rack! The motor can't force it further than it's designed to go after all! And the lock thing did my head in, but the wise man presses his key before he gets to his car door so i don't notice it anymore! :lol:

If you have a garage. Park in the garage and wack it on full lock. Very loud hissing then (due to the echo) :)

And the lock thing did my head in, but the wise man presses his key before he gets to his car door so i don't notice it anymore!  :lol:

I have a garage put its full with stuff! This noise only lasts a second yeah? Its not a gradual thing you people are talking about? Mine is quick.

As for the remote and unlocking, i always do it when i'm right near the car.... i'm use to doing it that way. Hate it when people unlock their car from too miles away!

I'll have to break out of the habbit and unlock a tad sooner.

Maybe this noise will add some more character to the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links