Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi All!

giarc

Hi and welcome. Good luck with the test drive, I'm sure you'll love it. FSH is a good thing too. Not a lot to look out for except the usual things like fluid leaks (very unlikely), bumps, dents, scratches, windscreen chips or other signs of damage.

Also look inside boot, engine bay and inside doors by hinges for paint overspray which may indicate a repair has been done. Read the service history and any documents, receipts, etc that are available and ask any questions that come to mind.

While in the engine bay, look at general appearance. It may be dirty but shouldn't be oily.

Check the wheels for kerbing. It costs a bit to put right. Also check condition of tyres.

That's all I can think of for now. Have fun! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Here's a site with loads of info on buying a used car and what to look for.

clicky

Edited by Al J

hi! thanks for the welcome - its goin to work out about 4.5k so i guess its in mind condition 1 lady owner, shoppping use only i think, might just take the plunge now!

Suggest if it's got 39k on the clock, it's not just shopping trips?? :unsure:

Still works out about 8k a year......

But having said that, cars like to be driven, so that's an ok mileage. All I'm saying is make sure she's not trying to get a premium, playing on the old "1 careful lady owner" bit.

Can't beat Toyota's though - you won't be disappointed! :thumbsup:

Car here

seems like a nice looking car, im going to be using it for 130miles a day 5 days a week, so going to read up on its economy and comfort a little more before i test drive, but havent heard a single bad thing about them yet!

Gosh! 130 a day! I do about 55 a day, 5 days a week but also do longer journeys to just about anywhere and I can say that there should be no problems with comfort.

The furthest I've done in a day was Glasgow to Birmingham and back, although there was a sizeable gap whilst my mate and I went round the motorshow. I've also done Aberfeldy in Perthshire to Woking (about 500 miles) in a morning (in a 1.0) with only one stop for breakfast and a second stop for petrol. I was perfectly comfortable on both trips. I regularly do 200 miles from Inverness to Glasgow without stopping and feel absolutely no discomfort.

Economy is excellent in all models...

Hope that helps,

Alan

:thumbsup:

PS Nice car, shame its that horrible Carlo Blue though... ;)

Edited by alanbradley

Nothing to look out for really.. the odd squeak here and there (dash etc) but turn up the radio and it goes away. :P

You won't regret it for a minute snap it up if you can :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC.

You should all know.... he's a dead man. :boxing:

You should all know.... he's a dead man. :boxing:

You shouldnt have said that Alan...... Carlo Crew gets angry...... and you wouldnt like us when we're angry.....

beast.jpg

(Ok so its Beast from X-Men and not the Hulk, but the Hulk is green and Beast is blue, so it goes better! lol)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links