Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Got The Yaris Diesel?

blb999

wow :D from down here its all academic. toyota australia have made it clear that we are to be denied the joys/drawbacks of diesel ownership, in fact the only 'passenger' diesels in their range here are the hilux, hiace van, prado and landcruiser. two trucks and a pair of 4x4s. pathetic. so sorry i can't even join your merry debate. ;) the only official importers of diesel cars here are volkswagen(golf), peugeot(most of range) and of course citroen. ocasionally benz will let one out oh and the x5, but they are only driven by tossers. chiz dave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• alanbradley

• seveer unaek

• Demonic Angel

United States:

-Volkswagen Jetta(Bora) TDI and Passat TDI 4 cylinder

-Jeep Liberty CRDi

-Meredes E350 CDI

Toyota = not a single diesel.

Those three listed above are ALL the diesels we have to choose from here, unless you count stupidly huge and expensive American pickup trucks that have deafening engines and 500 lbft of torque and require two normal parking spaces to park.

Believe me, it can be worse. I can't imagine there is anywhere on earth with fewer diesel choices than America. :(

So in conclusion.... in this day and age, a good diesel is as good as a good petrol providing you do over 15k miles a year and don't mind losing a bit of smoothness and a tadge of fun!

Almost... Smoothness is only lost at a cold idle and the only loss of fun could be attributed to a little more understeer on standard suspension (not really a problem any more :lol: )

I'm a D4D owner, and we also have a petrol 1.3 Yaris in the family.

There's ALWAYS a fight for the D4D keys, it's quicker, smoother, quieter and we get over 600 miles out of each tank.

0-60 times, torque figures etc mean nothing to the family ... they grab the D4D keys cos it's simply a better car than the petrol.

Ah! a family with taste!

Diesel is NOT a cleaner fuel than petrol.

Depends on how you define "cleaner" - there is just no right answer to that! ;)

Also, B1ackb1rd... strange family!  :lol: No way is a d4d quicker than a 1.3... depends on how it's driven! Also, iv been in both cars and iv been in plenty of other cars and not one single diesel has been quieter than their equivalent petrol. Maybe at 80mph because of lesser revs, but that's breaking the limit anyways, and the diesel noise to get to 80mph is far worse!

I like to hear my engine, hear what's going on... my petrol engine & exhaust sound nice... before i had new exhaust it sounded nice.... a diesel does not sound nice... it never will.

A diesel is for lazy drivers, a petrol is for drivers who want to drive.

...and you were doing so well too :( I think you're talking crap tbh and Id like the chance to show you at JAE if its possible. I might even let you drive if you think you can handle the acceleration :P

What are you?? A walking BMW advert. There in lies another point, you've just said how great a BMW is. BMW's are not driven by anyone with a thread of niceness in them. You have to be 100% n*b head to drive a beemer.

Now you're in trouble :lol: Not only does my father drive a BMW but he drives a diesel one too! Quite frankly, it will knock the socks off any Yaris on this site, but then it cost more than 3 times as much as my car and its job is to transfer him, passengers and luggage from Scotland to France with as little fuss, discomfort and cost as possible. I can assure you that a 530D can do that without even trying...

Ok... I've been watching this thread for a while and trying not to interfere.

@ seveer unaek

You have made it VERY clear that you do not like diesels and my bad for thinking that your "less nice" comment was about the Yaris D-4D which I understand you have "been in" but not driven?  There have been zillions of debates about petrol v diesel engines... however there is no need to offend people by saying that they are for "lazy drivers" etc. it's extremely unnecessary.  I didn't choose the D-4D over a 1.3 Yaris for no reason!

@ scionic

There is NO point trying to defend diesels on a site where petrol cars are predominantly owned... you are more than likely going to get into an argument... 

So... stop winding each other up! You are just offending others in the process!!! 

You've both expressed your views just leave it at that!  :angry:  <_<

And I agree 100% with that - give it a break...

:thumbsup:

A

PS In case anyone cares, I like my car and that's what counts... ;)

PS In case anyone cares, I like my car and that's what counts... ;)

And that's it in a nutshell, isn't it? We're all different with all sorts of tastes and needs in our cars. If you like it then that is indeed what counts! :thumbsup:

Doesn't explain C*rsa and M*cra owners though! :lol:

Mr Bradley... very sorry sir for any offence caused.... i let my opinions get the better of me and have sworn myself to less arguing and a simple exchange of thought, rather than offending innocent bystanders.

Also... id love a go at JAE! Ta!

I'll let you off this once :P

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links