Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do People Say About Your Yaris

s0cks

Hey people,

I was just wondering what people say about your car. I think we all know what kind of reputation the Yaris has. It's a girls car OR it is a granny's car :wacko: .

Well... my car is no exception to that image :angry: Most of my mates think it's a grannies car (even though its a flippin T-Sport and can kick all of their car's ubiks!). Interestingly my collegues take the mick out of for being so small. They say if I had another one then I could rollerskate to work! :rolleyes: However they are a bit more in the know about cars then my mates, and understand its capabilities, but that doesn't stop em pretending that I'd be left behind for dust and that they'd have to come back looking for me on road trips, etc... Grrr! It's as fast as his Celica VVTi!!!!

Anyway, I find it very annoying how underrated and underestimated the Yaris is, especially the T-Sport which is flippin fast for a group 7 car. However, on the upside it can be quite amusing to leave other drivers in the dust when they think "ahh, its only a Yaris" ;) If people did know how good it was I'm sure it'd become a rude boy car, and we don't want that :)

Over and out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knightrider

• BLiTZ

• Chuck04

• seveer unaek

i know what you mean, since I changed cars to the t-sport (a much smaller car that what I used to have) people seem to drive right up my @rse. They obviously see it and think "!Removed! yaris, little car, get out of my way"

Then when you get to lights they pull out beside me to get past me, the obvious happens.............they then come flying back up my @rs3 again!

it happens all the time, people see its a yaris and presume its a slow, granny car, even tho they can see "T-Sport" on the back.......they clearly don't know what it means :D

Other than other road users, my mates and my g/f all love it, they think it looks great and they know its got some pace.

Never had a problem - can't say I've heard a bad thing about my little 1.0ltr Yaris T2....

If they're driving up your ****, hit the brakes. Works for me....

Otherwsie though, nope, not a bad word said, and then again, why?

It's an awesome little car. One of the quickest off the mark on the road, loads of space (I've just managed to get a motorcycle frame in the back of mine!), comfy, economical and nice looking (Especially when half the competition is 10 years old).

I bet if you asked every Yaris driver their age, the average would be quite low anyways...

But hey, it's your car, who cares wot anyone else thinks. If we did, we'd all be driving a universally boring car....

Most people like the deep richness of the colour....Carlo Blue :thumbsup:

Then they are surprised about how "big" it is inside (as it appears quite small from the outside...."Tardis like" is one of the comments)

They always want to know "where is the speedo/instruments" and are most impressed with the display.

They comment "It goes well for just a 1.0 litre car".....(thats the VVTi engine)

They are suprised at the smoothness of the MMT transmission and "quietness" of a "small" car.

But of course................It's a Toyota :D

To be honest, i'm quite happy fopr people to think that it's a granny car, because it stops it becoming chav! As mentioned, when people come steaming up to the lights and expect you to take off slowly and be a sunday driver, they underestimate the power of Toyota's 16v VVT-i engines!!! A nova bombed it up next to me on a dual carriageway near home, giving it all the usual Chav crap, one hand on the top of the steering wheel, bouncing away to his "tunes", revs etc... Little did he know i had a 1.3, and creamed his little 1.2 8v backside!!! :lol:

As for my mates at home, 3 of us own Yarii, 2 of which are T-Sports so they can't really comment, and once the rest of them had been for a ride in the said T-Sports, any prejudice soon disappeared!

Then they are surprised about how "big" it is inside (as it appears quite small from the outside)

How true is that, from the outside its tiny, but when you get inside you are convince you could live in it!

Then they are surprised about how "big" it is inside (as it appears quite small from the outside)

How true is that, from the outside its tiny, but when you get inside you are convince you could live in it!

It used to be said... "You can live in your car...................but you cant race your house :D

Im a consultant for a software firm - and regularly get micky taking when I say that my car is a yaris. But this normally stops dead when I show them the car ...

Im a consultant for a software firm - and regularly get micky taking when I say that my car is a yaris.  But this normally stops dead when I show them the car ...

I'm liking it :)

Im a consultant for a software firm - and regularly get micky taking when I say that my car is a yaris.  But this normally stops dead when I show them the car ...

hey lucky for you i wanna be a software consultant someday, not enough in software creation - thats partly what i do.

anyways...people are suprised when they ask, i do get people up my too, i have debadged it too so usually people think is a 1.0 ltr when its a t sport.

a few like it and say...didnt know that was a yaris.

heavily underated car...its kinda good there not overly common like sxo vtr's are something, you cant grumble of the performance for a group 7 car!

i love it

i do get the odd comments, or faces when i tell people my car, but as soon as they see it or actually get in it and have a ride their whole attitude changes, they suddently love the thing and think its one of the best cars theve been in, they love the space and feel inside. they adore the sound of the exhaust when its hot

A lot of people on the road do assume its a small slow granny car, its so satisfying proving them wrong :lol: :D

However, on the upside it can be quite amusing to leave other drivers in the dust when they think "ahh, its only a Yaris" ;)

Yepo! I get that all the time, people have even looked at me in a scornful way... usually in thier grumbling Cavaliers! (Lots of Giro claiments round here!)

When i tell people about it, some are obviously thinking... 'my car's better'.... then they see it, are in it and they change their minds.

Everyone who's been in it thinks the space is great and the digital speedo is always a winner!

I have a few guys at work who thinks it's brilliant because of it's sporty looks and 'cos it's got 'VVT-I... yeah yeah, s'up dawg!' (i work with some varied people!)

Either way i couldn't care what anybody said, it's my car and i love it to bits! And most people who moan don't have a car, or have a really crap one, so it's a victory for the Yaris anyway!

Oh, yeah, one person did complain about it, saying it was a crappy family car when i gave them a lift home.... they walked the last 3 miles.

Oh, yeah, one person did complain about it, saying it was a crappy family car when i gave them a lift home.... they walked the last 3 miles.

LOL! :thumbsup:

I know what you people mean. They think Yaris, they think small, boring, etc... But when they see the T-Sport its a whole different story. My mates mocked me for ages after I told em I was getting a Yaris. Then when I showed em, on a nice hot sunny day, while it sparkled in th sun, they were mighty jelous :D

It's a great little car, my only gripe is that it isn't really "Sport". It's a city car, and although it has a T-Sport Badge (lowered, sporty body) it is still a city car at heart. That is why I'm moving on :)

I just love how under-estimated it is. And rude boys hate it (when I zoom past em)!

Well the girl friend thinks its too small. But i guarrantee she wont be sayin that once she goes on my insurance on monday and drives it!!

Most o my mates know what its capable of so they all like it.

Plus im only 19 so ive got plenty o time before i get a more powerful car!!!

but most important of all i love it and thats wot matters most of all!!!

The lady's all like it. One of my mates has one as well, so he likes it, am trying to get one more to get a 1.5rs with white enkeis, apex'i suspension and sat nav. I think i'm almost there...!I think he learnt his lessons about the Vitz when he had to walk, in a similar situation to like what seever mentioned before. Apart from that it's a very widely used car here, even learnt to drive in one at the driving school. Everybody knows what they are capable of here, but with so many glanzas, evos etc about, it's not going to get as much credit as it deserves!

Everyone loves my car!

My parents love it because they know I'm safe, when I had my first accident in the Matiz my Mum was petrified I'd die or something because that car is so diddy - she got so upset bless her!

When I had the accident in Karis she said that she always knew that car would keep my safe - as my parents came with me when I bought it they knew of the excellent safety, which was a major selling point.

My Grandad loves the digital display and the Carlo Blue colour! So much so he is considering getting one himself! He prefers Carlo Blue over the Balearic Blue though - he said the Balearic isnt for old peoples eyes because its very bright! lol

My brother and his mates love my car - because its sh*t hot and cool and although its a 1.3 I'm like my bros cool big sis now whereas before I was a bit nerdy for driving a Daewoo! lol

Its just one of those cars that makes people stop and stare and I love it! Karis was always the same - I even had someone wanting to buy her off me about 2 months after I bought her because she was so gorgeous!

The only complainer is my beloved 'im indoors, who thinks its too small inside - he likes the car because I'm happy with it etc etc and he likes it more than my Matiz but he reckons if the inside was bigger he'd like it a bit more....

Still, he is a man and men do like to complain! :lol::lol:

yeah i got some dodgy looks when i told people wot i was gettin. but they all liked it when they saw it. they are also very suprised at how fast it is. and im sick of corsa's and novas wantin a race. but it put a big smile on my face when i leave them standin

he reckons if the inside was bigger he'd like it a bit more....

Im right saying he has a 206?? Those are tiny! I can't fit behind the wheel comfortably at all! My legs jam onto the wheel and into the dash and my head scrapes the roof all the time! The Clio is like that too! Far too tiny!

Im right saying he has a 206?? Those are tiny! I can't fit behind the wheel comfortably at all! My legs jam onto the wheel and into the dash and my head scrapes the roof all the time! The Clio is like that too! Far too tiny!

they are small but bigger than a Yaris inside..... we bought a cabinet off my aunt and we needed to fit it in one of the cars to take home.... it would no way fit in my car but it just about fitted in his 206..... so slightly bigger but not by a lot

Plus you sit lower in a 206 aswell. I hate the lowness of it! lol

Ah, maybe bigger load-bay wise, but not for us tall and wide fella's!

they are small but bigger than a Yaris inside..... we bought a cabinet off my aunt and we needed to fit it in one of the cars to take home.... it would no way fit in my car but it just about fitted in his 206..... so slightly bigger but not by a lot

Plus you sit lower in a 206 aswell. I hate the lowness of it! lol

I've had this problem - being 6.2 i've been really limited as to what i could get as a first car. all the cars with cheap insurance clios, 206s are all too small, but i wouldn't want one of those anyway cos i hate french cars, i hope to japanese all the way!! :D

When i first came up with the idea of gettin a t sport, my parents and most people were like "eugh no way why do you want a granny car!!" Most of my mates in the car scene were saying "wow theyre cool little cars"

Now my parents love it to bits, my dad even asked me if id swap cars with him and take his mk4 golf!

Ive only had it for about 2 weeks and ive noticed the amount of bmw's, mercs etc that sit right up my ubik is ridiculous! I agree that its like they think "oh yaris, must be a granny driver" - love wiping the smiles off their faces! :D

I dont really care if nobody likes it anyone cos im totally in love, and at least every corner i turn there wont be another lookey likey t sport sittin :D

i love the underestimated yaris, embaresses lots of people which is so much fun, and love saying what i drive seeing the weird look on faces then they see it and go WOW its lovely (well it was),

once had a guy walk past my 1.0l and say i like that yaris is really nice i said thanks glad you like it, and felt really chuffed the rest of the day!

oh and because i love it so much and im known as yaris boy or yaris lee now around her i MUST get another one!

oh and ruth congrats on getting your long awaited t-sport, let the modding commence! ;)

I've had this problem - being 6.2 i've been really limited as to what i could get as a first car. all the cars with cheap insurance clios, 206s are all too small, but i wouldn't want one of those anyway cos i hate french cars, i hope to japanese all the way!! :D

im 6.2 and jus fit in the yaris and as for low insureance the 1.0l yaris was my first car and im sure was cheaper to insure than the equivalent 206 clio etc. and quicker :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links