Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scratches/dents

tommyKILLA

Scratched the goddamn Yaris last night! Really annoying and so unnecessary. Just wanted to find out what you guys thought I'd be looking at (rough price) to fix the damage done. It's quite a few light scratches, and a small dent - and where would it be best to go to get it done.

Thanks in advance

cudnt give u a price but its on the rear quarter so gona cost a bit as needs to be pushed out and then a big respray

Jay

You hit a bollard or something? Yeh i wouldn't imagine it will be too cheap to fix, but the easiest way to find out would be to get some quotes from garages

anyone know how to get rid of a small dent caused by a stone on my bonnet..am stuck for ideas

You hit a bollard or something? Yeh i wouldn't imagine it will be too cheap to fix, but the easiest way to find out would be to get some quotes from garages

Caught an small post. It kind of shifted whilst I was trying to get past it whilst trying to park, so it scraped the car. I'm pretty sure it won't be cheap but just trying to find out roughly how much I'm looking at.

Depends where you go - mrT is obviously gonna be pricey, it cost me £250 when they fixed a 5/6 inch long key scratch on my previous island green T3..it was on the rear panel by the petrol cap.

in my experience of paint jobs my guess is about £300.whole panel needs painting and surrounding panels blending in. I once had the whole side of my car resprayed in flame gold for £400

You may find someone who is able to just do that area but they would have to be pretty good

Mine had a similar scrape on the back door.. cost 225 quid to put right.

Yea I was thinking a few hundred quid to sort it out. Ironic thing is, that I've only just had the car back recently after someone crashed into the back of it and wiped out the rear. :crybaby:

Yea I was thinking a few hundred quid to sort it out. Ironic thing is, that I've only just had the car back recently after someone crashed into the back of it and wiped out the rear. :crybaby:

Ouch thats harsh :ffs: hopefully nothing else will happen after this!

Yea, seems like me and the Yari can't avoid trouble at the moment, but I will be forever indebted to it for saving my ***** in that crash :thumbsup:

Yea, seems like me and the Yari can't avoid trouble at the moment, but I will be forever indebted to it for saving my ***** in that crash :thumbsup:

Yep - they are tough little things arent they!

That scratch looks harsh - I got my scratch sorted FOC by Toyota, but it was only diddy.....

I know its not want you want to hear but at least its just cosmetic and you can wait a few months to save up the cash for it if needs be!

Hope it gets sorted soon matey!

You've already had the best advice. Shop around for quotes but I can add that Mr T price will be scary!

How about a 6-8 inch scratch, no dents.... £400 :fear:

Depends where you go - mrT is obviously gonna be pricey, it cost me £250 when they fixed a 5/6 inch long key scratch on my previous island green T3..it was on the rear panel by the petrol cap.

was that mrT? they told me £400 to do the door after some c**t keyed it, and now with a few almost invisible dents caused by road rage they say £1000+

new door skin and all....

im sure that dent can be beaten out or filled but im sure main dealers will suggest a new rear panel.... either way that panel will need a full respray and the surrounding ones blended!

but like the other have said shop around, find a cheaper, yet QUALITY garage to do the work.... :(

Might be worth contacting ChipsAway. I was considering using them last week (for a much smaller scratch) but the other people's insurance would only deal with certain garages so we couldn't use them in the end. When I phoned they seemed really willing to help, and they'll come to you to quote or tell you they can't fix it. Might be worth a try. Searching the forum for chipsaway shows that others on here have been pleased with them.

Just a thought. Might be too big a dent though.

Cheers,

Michael

Has anyone seen that episode of Father Ted with the raffle?

The car has a small dent he tries to knock out....

Anyway local garage costs £280 for door respray and £300 for a panel.

*shrug*

At least its only aesthetic and isn't essential to the car...

Kinda a swear jar job... Although guess youd of filled that in the process of scratching it, so a bit of a two way cycle

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll prolly get it checked out pretty soon, as its getting on my nerves everytime I step out of the car and have a look lol. I'll let you know what I come up with :thumbsup:

was that mrT? they told me £400 to do the door after some c**t keyed it, and now with a few almost invisible dents caused by road rage they say £1000+

new door skin and all....

im sure that dent can be beaten out or filled but im sure main dealers will suggest a new rear panel.... either way that panel will need a full respray and the surrounding ones blended!

but like the other have said shop around, find a cheaper, yet QUALITY garage to do the work.... :(

Yep it really was MrT - it was right by the petrol cap, was going to get someone else to do it but he said he couldnt because of the petrol fumes attacking something he used in the paint (or whatever it was) - car was 3 weeks old when it got keyed too - hence MrT

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links