Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Getting Into The Back Of A 3dr Yaris

jay dh

just tried to get into the back of a p1 t sport yaris and cudnt. is it the flat lever u lift up that brings the back of the seat forward? if so the back came forward but niether front seats actually moved for me to get in the back. or is there another lever i cudnt find?

i didnt get round to asking the salesman cos of a couple of reasons

cheers

Jay

just tried to get into the back of a p1 t sport yaris and cudnt.  is it the flat lever u lift up that brings the back of the seat forward? if so the back came forward but niether front seats actually moved for me to get in the back.  or is there another lever i cudnt find?

i didnt get round to asking the salesman cos of a couple of reasons

cheers

Jay

only one lever but you have to pull underneath the seat on the drivers seat. passengers moves on its own. or at least ours does

There's a pedal behind the seat if the handle doesn't work mate!

passenger side slides, but the drivers side doesnt

really? how annoying

the passengers didnt slide on this, so if someone want to get in the back, i have to bring the seat forward and then pull the lever? they say toyota have great ideas, they must have called for lunch on this bit

Jay

Well ours is a p1 tpot and my seat slides, must have been brokted! :huh:

Well ours is a p1 tpot and my seat slides, must have been brokted!  :huh:

u talking bout the driver or passenger seat?

Jay

really? how annoying

the passengers didnt slide on this, so if someone want to get in the back, i have to bring the seat forward and then pull the lever? they say toyota have great ideas, they must have called for lunch on this bit

Jay

that sounds like a problem, maybe you are turning the lever the wrong way, backwards adjusts the seat position, but i think forward lets passengers in (or visa versa)

Well ours is a p1 tpot and my seat slides, must have been brokted!  :huh:

u talking bout the driver or passenger seat?

Jay

passenger side

really? how annoying

Jay

that sounds like a problem, maybe you are turning the lever the wrong way, backwards adjusts the seat position, but i think forward lets passengers in (or visa versa)

can anyone else back this up? can the lever be moved in 2 directions?

Jay

no not as far as i know! Which side do you mean?

My side the lever moves one way to release seat forwards and backwards and also the position of the seat! (think im being clear now!!) :thumbsup:

can anyone else back this up? can the lever be moved in 2 directions?

Jay

This is on a phase 2, on the passenger side

On the passenger side there is a lever right next to where the passengers butt cheek would be, pull the lever up and back towards the lumbar of the seat, then using some wrist movement slide the seat forwards. You've got to pull the lever all the way up before seat will slide forward. But it's VERY easy to do and my 91 year old grandmother did it first time! So if you couldn't get it to work then im guessing it was broken!

On the drivers side, that seat is intended to stay where it is! But, if you must let passengers in that way then pull the same lever as the passenger side (but on drivers seat obviously!) then reach under the seat and grab the black handle, pull it up and using a bit of force, shove the drivers seat forward. Again, it's very easy.

If the passenger side slide didn't work, then use the black bar under that seat too.

On the passenger side there is a lever right next to where the passengers butt cheek would be, pull the lever up and back towards the lumbar of the seat, then using some wrist movement slide the seat forwards. You've got to pull the lever all the way up before seat will slide forward. But it's VERY easy to do and my 91 year old grandmother did it first time! So if you couldn't get it to work then im guessing it was broken!

On the drivers side, that seat is intended to stay where it is! But, if you must let passengers in that way then pull the same lever as the passenger side (but on drivers seat obviously!) then reach under the seat and grab the black handle, pull it up and using a bit of force, shove the drivers seat forward. Again, it's very easy.

If the passenger side slide didn't work, then use the black bar under that seat too.

Thats what i meant! :P

Hope it all helps one way or another! lol

Anybody want a step-by-step guide with fancy pictures?? A How-To.... get your a$$ in the back!

Maybe it would help me get my fat bum in the back! lol :P

Think that seat must be broketed tho!

I've noticed it is kinda awkward and fiddly to let passengers in the back!

There's a little black lever at the back of the passenger seat. push it down. seat folds and moves forward. rocket science!

On the p2 Yaris Blue the lever is where the back support cushion kinda meets the actual seat of the chair - if you pull it down towards the seat then the passenger side seat will move forward and slide as much as possible, and then the memory it has means it will simply slide back into place when you want it too. The same lever also goes back, but that is to adjust the angle of the back support cushion. I do find that the levers are quite stiff, and sometimes to take a lot of pressure to move them - it was the same on the old T3 that i had too.

cheers peeps, it must be cos ive never seen a 3dr car that the seat doesnt slide forward and the fact it was possible broken

Jay

Passengers..?

Should not be allowed in the car! :P

:D Shoul've read

Rear Passengers..?

I dont mind front passengers, dangerous duo in the front ;)

This is why 5 DOORS ARE BETTER :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links