Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering?

Blaze

Can anyone tell us what modifications would we have to do when lowering out ts 40mm on springs and shocks on 17"??

u will need ur arches rolled but u will still get alot of scrubbage.

Is that only when you have people in the back?

make sure you have the right offset (38)

Archs will need rolling, you can get away with it, but you will get seroius arch scrubbage with a full car....

Best off with 16's if you enjoy driving. 17's should be eserved for car's that suit them or for show cars only.

On British roads, it ain't worth the hassle, you'd have to run a much lower profile tyre which over a couple of years will knacker your alloys due to the pot holes and speed bumps. You'll get a very harsh ride and the car will tramline a lot. Performance will also be decreased so acceleration will be slower (if only marginally) Also, cornering ability will be reduced, and on top of all this, any slight bumps or lumps in the road, even with arches rolled will cause knocking and scrubbing... as will tight turns and full-lock on the steering.

Really not worth it... and in my opinion (not that you want to hear it, but you're getting it! :lol: ) your car will look sh*t. Ultimate in chav IMO... wheels that are too big really don't suit the car.

Best off with 16's if you enjoy driving. 17's should be eserved for car's that suit them or for show cars only.

On British roads, it ain't worth the hassle, you'd have to run a much lower profile tyre which over a couple of years will knacker your alloys due to the pot holes and speed bumps. You'll get a very harsh ride and the car will tramline a lot. Performance will also be decreased so acceleration will be slower (if only marginally) Also, cornering ability will be reduced, and on top of all this, any slight bumps or lumps in the road, even with arches rolled will cause knocking and scrubbing... as will tight turns and full-lock on the steering.

Really not worth it... and in my opinion (not that you want to hear it, but you're getting it!  :lol: ) your car will look sh*t. Ultimate in chav IMO... wheels that are too big really don't suit the car.

cornering actually improves with lower profile, simply because the tyre cannot lean as much

when i put the 16s on my cornering seemed to improve alot!

Yes, cornering will improve with lower profile.... not with 17's. All those somments were about 17's. To run 17's effectivley with as little scrub etc as possible, you need very low profile... probably 30!

Yes, cornering will improve with lower profile.... not with 17's. All those somments were about 17's. To run 17's effectivley with as little scrub etc as possible, you need very low profile... probably 30!

205/40 is the average :)

If you have that on a 40mm lowered T-Sport on 17's you're going to be very uncomfortable! Far too much bump and scrub!

I agree with Seveer (wtf? lol!) 17's are too much for a car that size. Strictly for looks. Besides you can find a set of 16's that will weigh less and cost less than 17's and will be better for both ride and performance.

17's would be more appropriate on something much larger, like an Avensis or maybe a Corolla.

if somebody hasnt noticed. the original topic was about lowering the car. not about wot size wheels they should get. they already have 17" OZ rims.

just thought i would get it back on topic :P

Mines only lowered 30mm (and its not a tsport so is higher) and its fine until you start filling up the back.

1 Passenger = no probs!

2 Passengers = Well, make him/her sit in the middle! :D

...Although Ive only noticed the rubbing after fitting a different rear bumper, it seemed fine with the standard bumper :thumbsup:

Matt

Thanks chris!

Yes we already have the 17" wheels! We thought we may need the arches rolling so it will be done!

The only usual passenger is me! :P So we'll just do what we did in the old car....

Not let anyone else get in! :thumbsup:

I think if you get 17's with offset of 42 they don't rub.

What if? We have them!!!! :lol::lol:

But we will deffo have to get them rolled yes? :thumbsup:

If you have that on a 40mm lowered T-Sport on 17's you're going to be very uncomfortable! Far too much bump and scrub!

LOL i have 215/40/16s :wacko:

right,

the car has 17's offset i dont know

even if you lower it on shocks and springs you will need the rear arches rolling and the front splash panels and bumper mounts need modifying, i never got it right the fronts always catched whether 1 or 5 passengers so in the end i went back to 15's, as for the rear it will prob rub with 1 person in if you dont roll the arches

No idea of the offset. Right ill tell him and we will see what happens! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

Don't think i can be bothered lowering my car after reading this thread! :lol:

Don't think i can be bothered lowering my car after reading this thread!  :lol:

lol seems like too much hard work doesnt it?! :P

It's the giant sized aftermarket wheels that are causing the problem.

Stay sensible with both the wheel/tire size and the drop and you'll be just fine.

It's a small car, you have to be realistic about wheel and tire sizes.

YOu have NOTHING to worry about

It will be like when you test drove mine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links