Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Pathetic Minor Mod

opelfruit

Ok, so its not really a "mod" but I like it anywho.

So im sure that you;ve all seen them before, but alloy tax disk holders.

but this one is a little more personalised :)

tax3.jpg

tax.jpg

not the greatest colour match in the world but its close enough.

Loads of standard engravings but you can also get them personalised....was gonna get a T-Sport Badge on it but just couldnt be bothered with sending them the logo.

Cool!

You know you can buy them with that design on as stock?? There's thousands on eBay!

Looks good anyway :thumbsup:

Must get one for mine, had one on the MR2 and they do make the car look nicer :D

Cool!

You know you can buy them with that design on as stock??  There's thousands on eBay!

Looks good anyway  :thumbsup:

I didn't, ah well :)

i did struggle to find a red one with the engraving on, even on eBay.

*must look harder next time!*

yea i got mine off eBay, cant say ive ever seen one in red tho, and mine only has yaris not the toyota logo and name

looks good tho

Yep - loads of them on eBay!

I have a Blue one, which means my whole car is colour coded blue! You can also have personal messages written on them for an extra charge.... was gonna have KAORI on it but it would have been tiny and you couldnt have really read it anyway!

Theres nothing wrong with pathetic minor mods IMO! :D

I have one of those too :D

Got the one that is the same as yours, but I got the Silver one - had it in my old T3, now it's in the Blue..I really like it, simple but effective, just annoying when you have to change the tax disc and gotta unscrew it all - another reason to get 12 months tax I guess lol

Blue

i havnt had to change my tax with mine yet, fiddly things so i hear

the gf lost a screw when changing hers :lol: bless!!

yeah if i loose that little pesky allen key im knackered!!

im quite happy with it, think it makes the car look alot better than the crappy plastic sticky thing that comes with it.

Nope Halfrauds sell a spares kit for about £4 which has an allen key and some spare sticky bits....

Nope Halfrauds sell a spares kit for about £4 which has an allen key and some spare sticky bits....

speeding.co.uk sell these also, not sure how much

I've got a silver tax disc holder, but it only says Yaris on it,

never seen any in other colours with a logo on it.

yeah the place I got it from uses Richbrook ones so they can use all of the colours (although they only show silver and black on their site they do stock others), they laser engrave the disks - they have loads of stock logos but if you wanted you can specify anything so long as you can e-mail the image to them, which is pretty cool :)

I just fitted on eof them today... richbrook with "yaris" logo etched on back in silver... I must have chucked the allen key out in the packaging or something because I didn't have one... I have an allen key set anyway :thumbsup:

Yes, mine's a Richbrook off eBay also. Lost the allen key somewhere in the car when installing. Got a set of keys anyway. They are fiddly. Makes you think carefully about where you place them on the screen! They do look great though.

Here's mine...

disc.jpg

I had a red one on my last car. Matched the metallic Caldera Red really well.

Oh, one little tip. The sticky pads don't show up as much if you stick them on the screws rather than the flat, coloured part of the disc. Also, your disc will fade over time but the sticky pads on the screws will allow it to fade evenly and it'll look ok. :thumbsup:

Are some actually laser etched, as the eBay ones look like it but infact it is a sticker, as I peeled a little bit of the corner off on mine

Are some actually laser etched, as the ebay ones look like it but infact it is a sticker, as I peeled a little bit of the corner off on mine

Mine is Laser etched - or at least I hope so because thats what I paid for!

The guy I buy off eBay is really good - I've bought 2 off him so far!

Here's my blue one btw!

Taken at Brunters as you can all see with my Carlo Blue Crew Badge on show too! :thumbsup:

100_4143.jpg

Yeah, some are actually laser etched while others, like mine, are laser etch effect which is basically a paint transfer. A search for "yaris tax disc holder" on eBay pulled up a page of the different types available.

Gotta be better than those plastic things you get from your insurance company. :thumbsup:

Yeah, some are actually laser etched while others, like mine, are laser etch effect which is basically a paint transfer. A search for "yaris tax disc holder" on eBay pulled up a page of the different types available.

Gotta be better than those plastic things you get from your insurance company.  :thumbsup:

Too right Al - my plastic Toyota one is AWFUL!

Plus it shrinked in the sun too! lol

PS - If anyone ever wants that eBay guys name who does them - give me a PM - he's brilliant and reasonably priced too...... and no I dont work on commission! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links