Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Speed And Gear 4 Best Fuel Economy 4 T Sport

admanirv

Currently i was getting 49.9mpg other day on motorway cant remember what speed was in 5th gear.

whats the best speed and gear people find to achieve the best mpg rating in a "t sport"

I imagine you were doing around the 55-60 mark

I get a better fuel economy at 75-80 in 5th than I do at 70 in 5th

someone pointed out before that this may be due to the peak torque coming in near that so that as the car has more turning force on the road it needs less effort to maintain the speed.

ideally the most economical is 56mph in 5th :D (as quoted in the extra urban figure)

i've found that on a duel carridgeway doing constant of 60mph in 5th I've had just over 50mpg on regular unleaded.

Currently i was getting 49.9mpg other day on motorway

its that the 'average', taken from the little computer or the one that checks da economy every 10 secs?

Done 1000 miles now on my new ts and its still states 36.6mpg on the 'average' option. :crybaby:

Currently i was getting 49.9mpg other day on motorway

its that the 'average', taken from the little computer or the one that checks da economy every 10 secs?

Done 1000 miles now on my new ts and its still states 36.6mpg on the 'average' option. :crybaby:

Yeah that'll happen, the more miles you do the less the average will change if ur doing the same kinda mpg eahc trip. I fill up every 250-275 miles or so and even then the average hardly changes at that point - I reset the computer every time I fill up otherwise it starts getting pretty meaningless.

All I can say is if you've got a T-Sport, shouldn't really be concerned too much with fuel economy... :P

ex****ingactly! at bruntingthorpe i got 15mpg, average speed of 70 mph and wore about 4mm of all my tyres. worth it????? YEAH!!! :P oh and it cost 48 pounds to fill the tank on the blend i was using. and yes i used it all :P

while we're on the subject of fuel economy who knows wot the other options mean on the computer. Aside from MPG, i think l/100km is one.....

MPG is easy to understand but i dont have a clue about the others.....

while we're on the subject of fuel economy who knows wot the other options mean on the computer.  Aside from MPG, i think l/100km is one.....

MPG is easy to understand but i dont have a clue about the others.....

Let's be thorough:

My Yaris Verso shows mpg, km/l and l/100km:

mpg = miles per gallon

km/l = kilometres per litre

l/100km = litres per 100 kilometres (used mostly in Continental Europe, I guess)

Litres and metres are the metric system's common volume and length units, used all over the world except in anglo-saxon countries. 1 km = 0.62 mile, 1l = 0.22 UK gallon. I wonder if the mpg considers UK gallons (4.55 l) or US gallons (3.79 l) ?

EDIT: mpg uses UK gallons.

And then, how accurate is your mpg meter? Mine shows 5l/100km (56.5 mpg, UK gallons), whereas the real value is about 6.5l/100km (43.5 mpg, UK gallons). According to Toyota, it's not possible to fix it. What's the use for a meter, when it's 30% off?

All I can say is if you've got a T-Sport, shouldn't really be concerned too much with fuel economy... :P

yep thats what i think too :thumbsup:

my bars go down as quick as they go up :huh::blink::unsure::crybaby:

yep thats what i think too :thumbsup:

my bars go down as quick as they go up :huh::blink::unsure::crybaby:

Mine too! I have a very heavy right foot! You only get one shot at life, why waste it preserving fuel! Drive you mutha's!

yeah but if i do 300miles every month or so and not bother how long it takes.... then it does matter as i want best fuel economy, otherwise i do boot it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links