Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diy Spray My Alloys

admanirv

I have a tsport, i have standard alloys - i actually like them! but id like to spray them a gunmetal colour.

plus i just got brand new almost top of the range Pirelli tyres too.

Is it feasible to spray them myself, i take it they'd need primed, sprayed and scotch guarded.

But would they most likely scratch? ANy one done this?

just get a preasure washer on them and take the laquer off, they'll go a nice dull grey :D

common problem with TS alloys.

on second thought, get them sprayed, hehe. I have no idea about it.

where abouts do you live mate?

Rich (Boro_Sera) knows a great place that does powdercoating in one day for £150 all different styles and stuff to

where abouts do you live mate?

Rich (Boro_Sera) knows a great place that does powdercoating in one day for £150 all different styles and stuff to

portsmouth and newcastle

just get a preasure washer on them and take the laquer off, they'll go a nice dull grey :D

common problem with TS alloys.

Come again? Does that mean i should be very worried and not use my pressure washer on them? Never used to on my old yaris but starting to cheat!

well i do know that it was a common problem with the T-Sport alloys that the laquer used to come of them and they would go dull, a guy I know had 2 sets replaced under warrenty cause of it.

I personally am lazy and preasure wash them :)

i've never had a problem.

I never pressure wash mine... what's the point? Iv got a decent hose and a sponge & cloth is far better for cleaning! Don't be so lazy! Get the elbow grease out!

Get the elbow grease out!

nah :)

bet you don't use a TV remote control either do ya!

Get the elbow grease out!

nah :)

bet you don't use a TV remote control either do ya!

No, i don't! I use a Sony RM-AV3000T Remote Commander!

Im very fancy!

i DIY'd mine on my old car was easy just mask the tyres up, scotch pad the wheels and prime paint then lacquer

depends how comfindent u feel, if very then go for it, if not then best let a pro do it, u dont want to screw it up and then end up paying more on top to get it fixed

yeap as graham said RayWong did his, and MATT! WHEELS ARE PAINTED!!!!!

whats this powder coating lark?

I really am gonna have to shut the :censor: up, been getting everything wrong lately :(

You can paint wheels.. or you can powdercoat wheels :thumbsup:

If you want to try painting them, go for it.. just get them prepared properly (good clean) and make sure you get compatable paint/primer/laquer combination or they could react to each orher and bubble up etc. Also a goos idea to get the tyres removed from the rims before doing this, this will avoid the edge of rim getting missed and causing problems in future. If you can't/don't want to get the tyres removed, coat the tyres with washing up liquid, this will form a barrier between any paint and the tyres and will just wipe away.

For me, powder coating is a better option, ok.. it's a little more expensive (30 - 35 quid a wheel) but IMO it looks more professional (if you get a goos quality job)

yeap as graham said RayWong did his, and MATT! WHEELS ARE PAINTED!!!!!

whats this powder coating lark?

I really am gonna have to shut the :censor: up, been getting everything wrong lately :(

Powdercoating.......

The powder coating process uses a dry mix of plastic resins, pigments and fillers that melt and fuse together when heated. The solid particles of coating are electro statically charged in a spray gun and carried by low velocity air to the surface of the piece to be coated. The electrostatic charge holds the powder particles in place while the part is cured in a 400-degree oven. The heat of the oven causes a chemical reaction to occur and the powder to cure, creating a highly durable finish.

Yeah, what cfc1 said! :P

Powdercoating is the best way to go. Far more durable. You don't want to be worrying every time you drive over a few stones, do you? :thumbsup:

powder coating is ****. it looks crap compared to painted, less choice of colours and if you chip it you cant just rub it down and re coat it as it' looks ****. paint them. powder coatin aint for wheels.........