Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Big Thanks

CAMSHAFT

This is just to let ye know that at last the hks turbo is finished but it mainly to thank a few people. there has being 3 people who I need to say a very very big thanks to for getting the car up and running first is Pauric, who spends a lot of time on here, will ya just sign up lad. who spent a few evening and lunch breaks of his own time fitting and sorting not only the Turbo but all of the car, thanks lad you will have a bit of peace now.

Second is Spiros AKA biofotos who without his help Pauric would have not had a clue, as I got no fitting instructions with the kit. He scanned the instructions and mailed them as well as a few other hint and tips that were badly needed. even though the instruction were in Japanese without them we were lost, I tell ya it was some laugh a 11 at night trying to read it, but the illustrations were priceless and were a great help. So again thanks lad.

and last but by no means least is Kevin in envy, the man is a legend, I deal with a lot of part supplier but i`ve never meet anyone like him, I can’t stress enough the man can get anything, one of the bits for the F-con did not come with the kit. so after trying HKS Ireland who are Ears in cork, who are top lads, CFC will tell ya.after trying for a week with no joy and if they could they would, TDi who I find are :censor: :censor: and HKS Europe for 2 weeks with no joy at all I was about to give up. Then I gave Kev an E-mail just for the craic to see if maybe he could help. Then no joke within 15 minutes I had the price and delivery date, I was speechless. Kev and the guys in Envy are top class, good web site, easy to deal with and best of all he does what he says which is hard to find these days. So people if ye don’t already get your bit and bobs off him well start so again thanks Kev.

Ill have her on the rolling road next week so ill have power reading then but she is quick.

LINK TO VIEW FULL SPEC AND MORE PICS

hksyaris18nu.jpg

dsc001991vc.jpg

dsc002033ih.jpg

awesome!

glad you got it done, cant wait to see the results on paper and bet your chuffed to bits,

and as for envy my cash alwyas goes there anyway as kev always sorts me out great deals!

Cant wait to see the results and I concur completely ... brilliant service and advice when you need it.

couldnt agree more with lee envy provide an A* service

congrats on getting it fitted mate, i bet you are chuffed as hell :thumbsup: results and engine bay pics pls :thumbsup::lol:

couldnt agree more with lee envy provide an A* service

congrats on getting it fitted mate, i bet you are chuffed as hell  :thumbsup: results and engine bay pics pls  :thumbsup:  :lol:

thanks lads, as for the engine bay it looks crap at the min, a few of ye are putting me to shame with the state of mine,LOL, i don`t think its as quick as a TS but for a 1.0 it !Removed! quick. ill show ye the dyno results later.

Feel proud for you mate!.. Congrats :thumbsup:

Top effort, hat off.

Dump valve on there yet? (Ah well, someone had to ask!) :D

AWESOME pictures please :D

How much did it end up costing in the end?

sorry its only a crap phone pic but here it is,

i need to dress the engine next, as for cost, i have being dead lucky New Turbo and other parts needed@€1150 from ebay/envy/Toyota, Labour 10 pints of guniness.

Dump valve on there yet? (Ah well, someone had to ask!)

i don`t want people to know, until i lift the bonnet, as a guy say to me once about a starlet GT Turbo "is there air breaks on that", so i don`t think i will

oh that needs a good clean. u need it to look like mine :P

don`t rub it in :lol:

chris id rather have that than ur engine its TURBO! just like the idea of it!

Mate im well chuffed for ya. Needless to say im jealous, but will hopefully be joining you sometime next year! You must put a dump valve on....PLEASE! A turbo just isn't right without one!

fair play about the dump valve, each to their own, id personally go with one, let everyone know the hard work thats gone into it, but then so many monkeys in their banged up old cars have them these days its starting to be a common thing

Congratulations on completing your project. It took a lot of guts to go out on limb and take on such a project with so little information at your disposal. :thumbsup:

pleased I could help you reach your goal! :) If there is anything else I can help you with just let me know.

Thanks

Kevin

Well done mate :thumbsup:

All the hard work & sleepless nights will have paid off when u get ur figures.

As for Kevin. Almost everything ive bought for my TS has been bought from Envy. Top notch supplier!!! :D

Almost everything ive bought for my TS has been bought from Envy. Top notch supplier!!! :D

couldn't agree more matey :thumbsup:

thanks lads, next job is an intercooler, i THINK this is going to be very easy, i`m going to top mount a intercooler off a D4D Yaris, we had a look this morning, it look spot on, the only thing i don`t know if it will allow enough air flow i let ye know how i get on. apart from that all is sweet apart from it is hard to get anything higher than 95 ron over here, so what i`ve don`t is got a part called a "fuel cat" which goes on the fuel line and increases the fuel to 99 ron, a few of the lads here have them on import cars with good results. so we will have to wait and see.

Excellent lad well done!, i bet there an excellent smile factor everytime you drive the car now!, Quality - 1.0ltr turbo yaris :thumbsup:

did I understand it right, that you have installed the HKS Turbo for the 1,0l Yaris???

How is the feeling? :rolleyes:

I would like to have it too, but in Germany i am not allowed to have it, I think...

did I understand it right, that you have installed the HKS Turbo for the 1,0l Yaris???

How is the feeling? :rolleyes:

I would like to have it too, but in Germany i am not allowed to have it, I think...

yea a HKS Turbo 1.0 VVT-I Yaris :D , yea i`ve heard ye have funny law about modding cars, I think ye can only use parts that are standard on another models produced by the manufactor, ie fitting a Corolla TS 1.8 VVTL-i into a Yaris is o.k but not a HKS turbo on a 1.0L :wacko:

Am I missing something here?

Why would anyone spend thousands to turbocharge a 1.0 Yaris when it winds up being slower than a 1.5 and will shorten the engine life on top of it?

So what don't I get here? Seems like an exercise in futility to me....sorry just playing devil's advocate here...

Am I missing something here?

Why would anyone spend thousands to turbocharge a 1.0 Yaris when it winds up being slower than a 1.5 and will shorten the engine life on top of it?

So what don't I get here? Seems like an exercise in futility to me....sorry just playing devil's advocate here...

a) becasue the guy got the kit really cheap

B) Its fun

c) Its an exciting hobbie

id do it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links