Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Big Thanks

CAMSHAFT

Am I missing something here?

Why would anyone spend thousands to turbocharge a 1.0 Yaris when it winds up being slower than a 1.5 and will shorten the engine life on top of it?

So what don't I get here? Seems like an exercise in futility to me....sorry just playing devil's advocate here...

i was waiting for this :lol:

POINT 1.lad i only spent a little more than €1150 which is only $1452 to go from 70bhp to what i say is 110bhp (i`ll have the dyno result on friday to prove it) the kid new is €3200 new so i only paid 1/3 of that and it was new aswell,to top up the power of a car by half again for €1000 is well worth it

POINT 2.there is no way i could of bought a TS for €1000 with a trade in of my car i work in car sales and to change a Normal 1.0 terra spec (my car) to a TS would cost €3200 for the same mileage/condition and year so i`m still up.

POINT 3. it will not be too much slower at all, i`m not a rev head anyway :rolleyes:

POINT 4. for smilefactor its a 1.0 Turbo yaris :wacko:

POINT 5. the turbo is only a 4psi so will not shorten the engine life

POINT 6.why?cause i could, it was cheap, no one else has one here, i like being odd :P

i`m happy with it and at the end of the day thats what matters, my car, my money B)

All reasonable points. I can see that. :yes:

I question 4 psi to a 1.0 giving you 40 more bhp though, but the dyno will answer that. Even if it's more like 90 bhp, that's not at all bad.

You won't have to convince me that turbos are fun. I agree wholeheartedly!

i know its a yaris form, but as you said yourself "my car is the box the yaris comes in" i loved that. so will ya stick up some pics of your car, i`d like to see it :)

i know its a yaris form, but as you said yourself "my car is the box the yaris comes in" i loved that. so will ya stick up some pics of your car, i`d like to see it :)

You want to see my actual car? I'll try to dig up some pics. I don't have a digital camera (stolen) so I'll have to find my pix from last year when I bought it. Give me a while and I'll try and find them. It looks exactly like <---- that one only it's white. I don't have any visible mods except for a black aftermarket grille. Still on the stock 15" steel wheels even. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

the turbo :)

for those who question doing it.... putting a turbo on most other 1.0L would be a toatal waste say a corsa 3cyl 12valve lol

but the yaris is the only engine or used to be the only engine in its class with vvt-i

so this helps the turbo alot.

and on the 1.0L you can out pase 1.4L corsa so id say its well worth it for a 1.0L

:D its also the novelty factor of the whole thing.

put a front mount intercooler on it. and no dump valve, i dont think the pressure would be enough to make a decent sound off it.

fair play to you for being original, and got to agree with yariswrc with the F.M intercooler. :thumbsup:

great stuff!

well done, sounds great. enjoy the fun

if it comes out with over 100bhp, there wont be much difference between it and a TS

Jay

Althought the pressure is only 4 psi you still need a dump valve to protect your turbine. You could use a dump valve from a VW 1.8T engine :eek: which is very cheap (under 10 euros), does not make any sound and still protects your turbine. :yes:

If you want to bring fresh air to your intercooler you can install the air vent of a Glanza or put under your bonnet the air-scoop-kind-of-thing which is under the bonnet of the TRD Turbo Vitz. Front mount intercooler is great but in this case causes too much turbo lag :(

Glad I 've been useful B)

where did you buy your turbo kit?

hi lad, for a minute i thought i thought you were Dave/CFC1 from you avatar :huh: i was lucky i got it off E-bay USA at the begining of the year, it was new and it was less than 1/3 of the R.R.P in the U.K

1.0 tubro

1.0 superchargeed

^

which one will be quicker??

i dont think there is a charger for the 1L but if there was i`d still say a Turbo as the 1L get hard enough to push itself along never mind a charger aswell.

what i would like to do is fit a Charge cooler to it like what you did biofotos and again thanks lad :thumbsup:

HOW INTERESTING..............<_<

:huh: sorry our little 1.0L does not interest you. at least he use the search button :thumbsup:

it's not that!! i love your right, you knows that!

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Robbie I think earpl was referring to this post! :thumbsup:

T sport turbo

T sport supercharged

turbo quicker aswell??

I'd say turbo! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links