Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Standard Vitz Sterio

ClydeVella

My Vitz has the built-in CD + Casette Player, and 2 in-dash Speakers. Sound isn't that great, I can barely hear it with the windows down. I'm thinking of buying two more Speakers for the back.

Is it worth keeping the sterio and adding the new Speakers (cus i'm low on budget :P ) or will the sound not be that good? I really have 0 knowledge regarding sound unfortunately :(

i added 6x9s on the rear parcel shelf and the sound improved loads. Mind you i hav a T3 with four front Speakers so i dont know what the effect will b like on a base model.

I hav noticed that the system itself can go quite loud, i hav no amp yet the 6x9s are very loud with the volume at max with the boot open.

Might be better to get 6x(s and replace your dash Speakers with more powerful 1s....

stock sound quality is not great, ive added 6x9s onto the rear parcel shelf, currently running of an aftermarket headunit but i did run them off the stock unit for a while and yes improved sound drastically.

:thumbsup:

I'm getting 6x9's on my parcel shelf for my TS with the standard unit. I've chosen to get Alpine's (well, everyone on this site helped me choose).

You've probably seen the thread.

Used shops just to look at them in the flesh, getting them online coz its cheaper. The ones i want are 70 smackers in the shops. 40 online.

DOM

Get air con and you dont have to have the windows down!  :lol:  :lol:  :thumbsup:

already got air con & i do that :D but i'd like some good sound that doesn't get beaten by...wind :P haha

seen these: very nice price & all

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/1004.html

Get them to deliver to Malta and i'll give you a tenner! :P I'm running the exact same headunit as you mate, can't fault it tbh, just the power in it isn't all that good. I have changed my front dash Speakers, and installed a pair of 6*9s on me parcel shelf. Major improvement in sound quality. Change the dash Speakers as well if you manage to get chance (4" speakers) they also make a big difference. Oh and your current headunit is running a 4*30 amp internally. Hope that helps a bit :P

whats the relationship between the amps in the headunit and the wattage of the Speakers? too little amps means Speakers won't make enough sound? and too much will blow them up?

I dropped Physics 2 years ago :P

Get something that the RMS is close to 30 watts per speaker. This will be matched to the power of your headunit. However, if you intend on installing an amp, on a different headunit at a later stage, i would recommend getting some that have a higher RMS, as the Speakers may blow if thye have too much power going into them. Mine are rated 80 Watts RMS, but only have 30 going into them, they still sound ace. And the front ones are rated 25 Watts, but these haven't blown (yet) :P

I can't say i'm a big lover of Sony car audio, i prefer pioneer and alpine anyday. But the rear Speakers look fine, but as regards the fron, you'll need 4" coaxial Speakers, not tweeters. these are the pioneer ones i have in the front, Pioneer TS-E1076

PIONEER-TS-E1076.jpg

Is that because they don't fit or because they don't give out enough sound? My friend has the same configuration i spoke about on a Fiat Punto and it sounds great.

thx :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Generally i think that 2 coaxial Speakers in the dash and 2 x 17cm component Speakers with seperate tweeters in the front doors are sufficient and very loud already especially if you've got an after market headunit. And as i'm normally the only one in the car .. i think thats sufficient.

Hope your setup goes well and no doubt it will sound alot better!

:thumbsup:

Bought the Sony XS-F6933 6*9s,

http://www.rmdaudio.co.uk/item--Sony-XSF69...2-0019-003.html

Having them fitted tomorrow, I'll see how that goes :)

siehbi jien Lm 20 ghamilt festa u ghandhi vitz u hallejt l-istereo tal-fabrika u wahhalt 6x9 u ghaddejt il-wires jien u ma tridx xi gherf u issa ghandhi sound tajjeb hafna u kuntent hafna bih ghal prezz li infaqt u barra minn hekk sib Speakers hfief ghax l-ixkaffa ta wara batuta. jekk trid ejja u nurik x'ghamilt

Jekk trid ibaghtli email fuq nvrgreen@di-ve.com u nirrangaw u insiblek sett tajjeb ghalik

Now in english because that was in maltese

With only 20 maltese liri I installed 2 6x9 light weight Speakers and the sound is great for the price that I spend. The stereos of Vitz cars the rear Speakers gives you more power than the front

If you want you can send on nvrgreen@di-ve.com

siehbi jien Lm 20 ghamilt festa u ghandhi vitz u hallejt l-istereo tal-fabrika u wahhalt 6x9 u ghaddejt il-wires jien u ma tridx xi gherf u issa ghandhi sound tajjeb hafna u kuntent hafna bih ghal prezz li infaqt u barra minn hekk sib speakers hfief ghax l-ixkaffa ta wara batuta. jekk trid ejja u nurik x'ghamilt

Jekk trid ibaghtli email fuq nvrgreen@di-ve.com u nirrangaw u insiblek sett tajjeb ghalik

Now in english because that was in maltese

With only 20 maltese liri I installed 2 6x9 light weight speakers and the sound is great for the price that I spend. The stereos of Vitz cars the rear speakers gives you more power than the front

If you want you can send on  nvrgreen@di-ve.com

diga xtrajthom u andi booking al 3 sijat ohra biex iwahhalomli! Gewni Lm40 b'shipping b'kollox, u dawk 340W mux hazin. Thanks xorta ta ;)

--Again, in English :lol: --

already bought them & i'm booked to have them fitted in 3 hrs! Got them for 40 maltese liri with shipping & they're 340W. Thanks anyway ;)

x'translators ehh :P

Got the following fitted:

2* Sony 340W in the rear

2* Clarion 120W in the front

and the standard headunit...

and it sounds great :D

• 1 month later...

how exactly do u wire in extra rear shelf Speakers to a yaris?? ive taken off dash bit, but its just a mass of wires??? what colours and what bit do i need to get to???

cheers