Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Laptop Mounting In A Cynos/paseo......

Jamesb4uk

yer just thought id warn you,apparently its quite simple but time consuming as theres about 16 wires isnt it or sumthin in a monitor plug cant remember exactly like.

yep - its 15 pin, as long as your ok with a soldering iron it'll be ok..

might get a vga to Cat 5 converter, that way i can just run a bit of cat 5 from the monitor...

J

Ok,

Here's what i'm looking at getting....

300 watt continuous car inverter hard wired to the Battery.

7in TouchScreen Monitor & Remote 12V/240V

now if i wanted to run that on my main Battery would that be ok? or do i need to split into a 2nd?

also why do i need a 6 channel amp? i've already got a power acoustik 1800W amp i'd like to use....

J

yer power inverters are good but they are abit big an produce abit of heat,i know sum1 who had one before an it killed his batery pretty easy but as long as your careful should be fine. i run all my car pc an everthing else on my one Battery,i have changed it for a larger 80 or 85 or sumthing like that,but there only like 30-40quid from a grage place (biggest that will fit onto the tray thing basically lol)

I used the !Removed! plug that came with the monitor for awhile but not only does it look annoyin i got a bit of feedback throught the sound using it,but aslong as you use the little egg thing that comes withe the monitors power cable u can just wire it from any 12v really.

You need a 6 ch amp you can use any,but u will need one amp for sure. But i just said 6 as 2front Speakers 2 rear Speakers and a sub .

sorry for the late reply, but if you wanted to save some paper, you could buy a sliding shelf bracket set (like on the underside of desks where the keyboard pulls out), mount that in the glove compartment, but a small tv turn disk on the platform, and you can even rotate the computer to face you in the captain's seat :P

just my thoughts. I have a 12" laptop and i've considered doing the same. of course, i type with my right hand, so it'd be a bit easier for me!

yer thats a good little idea, if youve allready got the laptop it does seem abit silly spending again, think id kill my self tryin to look that far across to change track though lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links