Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control For Rav4?

marshal ney

We have the alternative rear door :thumbsup: , photo-chromatic rear view mirror, Sat nav systems.

These can all be added to our vehicles.

Only thing that's left is cruise control, all the wiring for everything else seems to be there why not this?

Anybody tried it?

Hey - I thought Cruise Control was supposed to make driving more relaxing !!

Good idea though - will be interested in the outcome of this ...

• 2 weeks later...
We have the alternative rear door :thumbsup: , photo-chromatic rear view mirror, Sat nav systems.

These can all be added to our vehicles.

Only thing that's left is cruise control, all the wiring for everything else seems to be there why not this?

Anybody tried it?

I have the RAV4 3d executive

have asked TOYOTA and the official answer was NO unfortunately you cannot

add it after.

Any body who did it guys?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a cruise control. I bought it as an extra on my new RAV diesel. It is A kit that is adviced by Toyota and can be ordered and installed by your Toyota dealer.

It works great. It is possible to program 3 fix speeds but it is also possible to lock any speed you like. The speed is locked even when the road goes up or down. Touching the break or clutch and the unit unlocks.

I ride arround with it since last year and no regrets yet. It works great to tow my caravan at 100 km/h.

These are the specifications :

AP 500 Cruise control (self learning technology = after installing the unit there are some steps to follow to adjust the unit to personal taste (this is explaned in te manual))

Toyota ref : ACRUI - AP500

• 2 weeks later...

Club members may be eligible for a discount on these units.

Seller willing to give 5% to club members.

Oh No!!  Just when I thought it was safe to put my credit card away - I seem to get tempted to use it again!!!!

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruisecon...nicsSystems.htm

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

What a shame some companies just don't want our custom!!

I emailed Steve at Conrad Anderson (as it said I could on their website) pm the 10th of August, and again on the 20th August asking him which unit (as there are quite a few to choose from) would be suitable for my Rav.

Still not had ANY reply at all from them... Oh well, looks like he won't be getting my custom then if he can't be bothered to reply.

Phil.

• 1 month later...

Dear Phil,

I work at Conrad Anderson as their Graphic Designer and Webmaster and found your link via our sitemeter. Thank you first of all for publicising our site in this forum. I am sorry your enquiry was not responded to more rapidly. We have had some difficulty with e-mail and internet connection of late (months); I looked for your E-mails and found neither one. If you would like to direct your question to me here or to Steve (the boss) we can help you. E-mail: steve@conrad-anderson.co.uk.

For your information a rough guide to the suitability of our cruise control systems for vehicle types is available on our website. http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruisecon...ontrol-kits.htm. Suitability is dependant on the build year, whether the vehicle is petrol or diesel, manual or automatic. (If it a petrol engine and is less than 1.6 Litres it needs an electric servo. Anything over 1.6 Litres therefore is fine to have a vacuum servo unit. If it has a petrol engine and is towing it may need an electric servo.). Our range on modules feature two stalk versions, a dash-mounted module, a gear-knob module and a steering-wheel module.

Please also phone our freephone number 0800 279 0085 for more technical and sales enquiries. All our prices are also on the website.

I hope you are not put off by this incident - we have many happy customers - contact by phone is a surer way to reach us though.

Kind regards,

Kate.

Oh No!!  Just when I thought it was safe to put my credit card away - I seem to get tempted to use it again!!!!

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruisecon...nicsSystems.htm

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

What a shame some companies just don't want our custom!!

I emailed Steve at Conrad Anderson (as it said I could on their website) pm the 10th of August, and again on the 20th August asking him which unit (as there are quite a few to choose from) would be suitable for my Rav.

Still not had ANY reply at all from them... Oh well, looks like he won't be getting my custom then if he can't be bothered to reply.

Phil.