Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla 2007

Toyosupra[pt]

corolla_wrc.jpg

In this weeks Autoexpress it has artists impression (I think) of the next Corolla. (I typed word from word and these are extracts from the mag).

If you spot a Toyota IST in disguse around the Nurburgring Circuit, they're re-fining the suspension settings and it will be on a new platform underpinning the car. Autoexpress say the design of the Corolla makes the 300N/MC the most versatile vehicle plaoform in the world.

The rear is inspired by the IST. Sitting on Toyota's recently developed 300N/MC chassis, the Corolla will also provide the basis for nine fresh models including:

RAV4

Avensis

Previa etc.

Engines:

2.2 litre Turbo. Buyers will get a choice of 148 bhp or 175 bhp and these will appear in the revised Avensis line-up as well. Power will be fed to the road via five or six speed manual gearboxes with a CVT semi-automatic also on offer.

A facelifed Verso Corolla is under development but this won't apper untill 2009. A concept hinting at the hatchback is expected to appear at Octer's Toyko Motor Show although theres no word of prices.

Source: Autoexpress

i like the design of it as a concept, but its a bit too much for a road car, well to me anyway!

• 3 months later...

Not bad looking looks kinda like the Toyota Will concept they did that had 4wd and used the 1.8 celica engine.

I doubt they will make a car that looks like the one on the front page of the mag :( But I do like the gt4 bonnet that they have stuck on it :thumbsup:

lets hope it's more reliable than the last Corolla (2002 onwards shape)!

Corolla isn't reliable? :wacko: why?

,Sep 29 2005, 03:36 PM]

Corolla isn't reliable? :wacko: why?

Rattles from all over the car. Engines that burn oil at stupid rates, ok toyota say the've fixed that now with the new short block time will tell. Radio and centre heater vents not sitting flush, with the face of the dash. Its all a number of small little things that send you out in a rage to the dealer, things you dont expcet from a brand like toyota. It seems that toyotas build quality and reliability have slipped since they stopped making most of there models in japan. My corolla has done 48k and needs a new engine ok i've done 25k in the last year in it. But i have been taking it back with oil issues since i got it, at first it was using a litre per 1500 miles that soon dropped to 1000 miles per litre now it more like 1500 miles per sump of oil. Now i'm lucky if i get more than 20mpg out of it, and the car is not thrashed or was it before i had it. It goes in on monday for the new engine hope that can cope with 25k a year. I've said before the corolla is the best built car and most reliable i've owned but there not has good has toyota's from the 80-90's.

It seems your are an unlucky toyota owner :( but the current corolla is very reliable.

you can see:

134555445.jpg

It seems your are an unlucky toyota owner  :(  but the current corolla is very reliable.

I certainly hope this is the case as I pick mine up at 4PM today and reliability was a major factor in the choice.

I hope that any car buyers car is reliable due to the horrific prices of new and nearly new cars these days :yes:

However my own experiance of Toyota Corollas through my motoring life (some mine and some friends ones that i've looked after and I emphasis my experiance) is as follows:

The 70's Corollas were amazing with regards to mechanical reliablilty (especially when compared to a Austin allegro or Maxi of the day :P ) but there body work was terrible.

In the 80's they improved body work and mechanical reliability was still brilliant

To me their peak is around 1985 to 1995 for best build years

Towards end of 90's still brilliant with regards to Mechanical reliability but the body work is getting thinner again (okay not old enough to rust yet but i'm sure they will and bad!)

(At present I run a 89 Corolla and a 98 Corolla and the guage of metal on the newer one is a lot thiner)

2002 onwards Corollas I think are selling on reputation of previous models (Same situation has happened with WV Golf) and reliabilty is not as good as previous Corollas.

I've been shouted down for saying this in the past and I appologise for this but I am going on my own experiance (and not what i've read in certain magazines).

Also if you want proof of dwindeling reliability read some of the posts with regards to newer Corollas.

Sorry but as always the truth can hurt :(

...and this is coming from a Jap car fan ...so I hope someone at Toyota DOES read this and do something ABOUT IT!

...And it's not just the Toyota Corolla!

A friend of mine has had 5 Honda Civics through the ages all from new from same dealer.

The first 4 he had ...no problem...built in Japan :D

The last one ...17 Faults in 6 months ...built in Swindon GB :ffs:

So much so he actually had his money refunded and bought a 10month old Honda Accord.

HE WILL NEVER BUY A JAP CAR BUILT IN BRITAIN/EUROPE AGAIN!

His words not mine :huh:

Toyota still do apear in the top half of reliabilty serveys. The point being made is toyotas of today aint has good has they where 15 years ago. By all means my next car will be a toyota for sure.

Twincam.GTi, the current corolla has a lot of electronic, sensors that the corolla of 70 did not have par example, has more things that can be damaged

the current corolla continues being more reliable than others (mégfane, 307, fiat stilo etc)

Another factor maybe that British manufacturers have greatly improved reliability

recently. Look at Ford - the Focus is a well built car which is reliable. So perhaps the perception is that Toyota's are now not as reliable as in the past because the gap has narrowed.

Toyosupra[pt] Posted Sep 30 2005, 09:22 PM

Twincam.GTi, the current corolla has a lot of electronic, sensors that the corolla of 70 did not have par example, has more things that can be damaged

the current corolla continues being more reliable than others (mégfane, 307, fiat stilo etc)

Oh yes I totally agree, vehicles from France and Italy still have a disgraceful reputation for reliability (and an even more disgraceful reputation to mend/work on/carry out maintenance) :yes:

bobbarnes Posted Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Another factor maybe that British manufacturers have greatly improved reliability

recently. Look at Ford - the Focus is a well built car which is reliable. So perhaps the perception is that Toyota's are now not as reliable as in the past because the gap has narrowed.

Yes this point was raised a bit back on a motoring program, the point being that Japan brought the standard of some other manufacturers up to better levels.

Having said all that my point is still that Toyotas Today are not as well built as say 15 year ago (thickness of metal etc.). I'm not saying they are in anyway bad cars today it's just that (from my own experiance) they are not 'so well screwed together', sorry!

thats easy make it in japan problem solved.

DO YOU MIND I WORK AT BURNASTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all cars go through rigorous uality checks that build in quality. now im not saying there are no rattles on the corolla cos there probably are. but al lot of them are from the numberplate (not put on at the factory). but the members there fit what they are given. and those parts are designed by the designers in japan and are used on the corollas built there and in turkey.

so to say dont build it in the UK is like saying shut the plant down and put over 5000 ppl out of a job... gee thanks

a lot of cars have far worse rattles than the corolla but they have the added benifit of breaking down more often. if the rattles bother you that much either get it back to the dealer or turn up the radio.

believe it or not toyota build cars using TPS (Toyota Production System) which means cars are all built the same no matter what country the are built in. so to say that corollas built in the uk are built by ppl who dont give a toss is not fair. for gods sake get the "British workforce mentality out of your head" i would urge you to take a tour at the plant some time and then maybe youll see the care that goes into every car built.! rant over

thats easy make it in japan problem solved.

DO YOU MIND I WORK AT BURNASTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all cars go through rigorous uality checks that build in quality. now im not saying there are no rattles on the corolla cos there probably are. but al lot of them are from the numberplate (not put on at the factory). but the members there fit what they are given. and those parts are designed by the designers in japan and are used on the corollas built there and in turkey.

so to say dont build it in the UK is like saying shut the plant down and put over 5000 ppl out of a job... gee thanks

a lot of cars have far worse rattles than the corolla but they have the added benifit of breaking down more often. if the rattles bother you that much either get it back to the dealer or turn up the radio.

believe it or not toyota build cars using TPS (Toyota Production System) which means cars are all built the same no matter what country the are built in. so to say that corollas built in the uk are built by ppl who dont give a toss is not fair. for gods sake get the "British workforce mentality out of your head" i would urge you to take a tour at the plant some time and then maybe youll see the care that goes into every car built.! rant over

Dawesy, a well desrved reaction there (even if I don't come from UK - so you have an additional reason there).

I have not driven a single modern car that doesn't rattle. Blame it on the effective sound proofing that allows every small bit coming from the interior to be heard, blame it on the millions of parts of a car today compared to a decade ago, blame it on our improved standards, but ALL cars rattle!

As far as the thickness of metal is concerned: old cars had thick metals killing everyone in the interior and the exterior in case of a crash. Modern cars use soft, absorbing materials in and out to protect humans. Is this a quality issue?

dawesy: I thought you may appear :) ...I did NOT intend this to become a 'Mud slinging match' (and if you read some of my earlier posts I appoligised already if people though I was in anyway knocking the workman (workperson ;) ) of any country. With regards to the Honda incident I was reciting from what a friend at work said (and the fact remained ...the 4 built in Japan were fine and the last one built in Britain was problem ridiled). Also you will note I made reference to the VW Golf.

My point was (and is) from my own experiance that certain cars of today are starting to become a little more problematic again, although I realise a 'new car' is still the most reliable mode of transport. I was merely saying how Japanese cars have managed to get better and better over the years but now I think they've 'peaked' and (like VW) are to a certain degree resting on there laurels.

Also I never EVER blame a work force...if there is a problem it stems from the TOP (i.e the managers/directors).

A workforce is only as good as the people who lead.

SKG:

As far as the thickness of metal is concerned: old cars had thick metals killing everyone in the interior and the exterior in case of a crash. Modern cars use soft, absorbing materials in and out to protect humans. Is this a quality issue?

So the old -timer would be no good for you :lol: ?

Lovely thick gauge metal (which makes it last longer and even easier when you need to weld a patch on it) plus an interior of Leather trim but also plenty of hard wood and metal ....plus NO seatbelts :lol:

We just hop in the old Humber and go ;)

HumberSnipe.jpg

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links