Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant Mixture And Draining

riko666

Aite, basically im gonna be replacing the oil and coolant in the paseo in these next few weeks, im sorted on the oil side but a bit miffed on the coolant side.

well, im gonna be ordering some forte' bio degreaser / coolant flush / radiator conditioner soon, but how do i change all of the radiator fluid? i know the radiator only holds about 40% of fluids, so how do i drain the rest out of the engine and how do i use these radiator fluids i mentioned above? also, whats the optimum coolant mixture? ive got myself some redline water wetter, and will be getting some anti-freeze too so was wondering whats the best mixture for all? thanks

there is a plug in the engine block, which just looks like a bolt that isn't securing anything on. undo that and the coolant will drain out. its on the front of the engine near the exhaust manifold. i have seen a number of toyota entines with it in this place so i would have thought yours would be there

the radiator one is pretty self explanatory.

as far as mixture goes, 50/50 but make sure you use distilled water with the anti freeze.

if you are going to do a flush of the coolant system, read the instructions. it usually involves draining a bit out of the radiator, pouring the flush into the coolant expansion tank/ radiator cap and then driving along for it to suck up.

hope this helps mate. :thumbsup:

has the starlet got this coolant drain plug in the block? ive never seen it?

the best coolant to use is the premixed toyota stuff. it aint cheap but it will be worth it in the long run.

when i do my cooling system im also gonna change the thermostat.

yep the plug os right near the heatshield on the exhaust manifold. 4efte uses the same block so i would bet its probably there too.

a fair amount of coolant comes out of the block so its well worth doing.

meh, will ive heard good stuff about the redline stuff so ill give it a try, if worse comes to worst ill just go and get toyota's coolant. thanks btw nrgizer :thumbsup:

sorry if this sounds dumb but where do i get distilled water from?

although i don't encourage pilfrage.

go and borrow some from your chemistry department.

" borrow " the water, hehe...meh, i would but....i dont wanna go back to the school, officially finished...just a few more exams to go... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links