Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Buy A Rav4?

gloriousglenn

OK, so I've already had an SUV before (Hyundai Santa Fe - Nice, but cheap interior and rubbish gear box) and I'm looking at buying another one.

So tell me why i should go for a RAV4, and more importantly which model?

Do I really need to go for the top of the range? Is it worth the extra money for what you get?

Is the diesel noisey and lack power like old diesels used to (I haven't owned a diesel for quite a few years) or can you hardly tell that they're diesels now-a-days?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I've driven quite a bit in the old shape 3 & 5 door and new shape 3 door on the roads over here and off road in the desert in Dubaui, and as far as the smaller 4WD's go think it most definately has to be up there with the top, am trying to think of another which compete's well.

The 2.0l pterol engine does a fine job as they're pretty pokey without drinking to much gas, you get a comfy ride and plenty of room (oh and our dalmatian said he loved it too before the ex took him !!)

Eats the motorways while relaxingly takes town roads for breakfast and has the advantages of Toyota reliability and durability....

No need to go for the top of the range although always nicer to have all the toys and comforts but again that goes down to the budget your spending, if your buying new the toys in the basic model aren't that bad and it's a superb car, oops 4WD....

Guess the only thing to really do is take one for a test drive and see how you get on with it, they're very easy to drive which makes them all the better :)

Of course these are just my own opinions :)

Thanks for your thoughts mate. :thumbsup:

I've only got two little miniture dachshunds, so I'm sure they are gonna love the space!

Cheers :beer:

Glenn

The most I had in mine were 3 Dalmatian's and an old english sheep dog, none of them complained so am sure they'll be fine :)

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up my 5 door VX petrol and it is very very good :D

Changed from a lovely Audi TT 225 roadster - nipper on the way. I looked at everything from an A4/A6 estate, second hand X5 to Freelander etc and the RAV was the best package and it looks the business without being too huge.

I compete in cycle races twice a week and its easy to bang a couple of bikes in the back, seats pop out with ease to create a huge load space. B)

I would go for the VX as the look of them is just that bit different, wheel arches flared and body coloured etc but you can drive a bargain. I started at my local dealer with the Motorpoint price (www.motorpoint.co.uk) and worked from that saving over a grand and this included the side steps and mudguards, I used the whatcar guide price and the dealer got within £50 of it including the extra's so i was happy. If you want to know exactly how i went about it let me know.

You get a 3 year warrenty on imports (or so I believe) so it may pay to try a broker and see what price they can get whilst shopping around. ;)

All I know is mine in silver with the side steps looks fantastic, drive is good and engine fairly keen and very little noise coming through cabin/road. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
just wait until Oct for the 04 rav4....

buy 4x4 with S Pack....

IT looks COOL :thumbsup:

Alan could you explain more about this RAV4 S Pack either here or via PM

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links