Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What No Rav's

Uncle Bob

When i made inquires at my local dealer a few weeks back, and asked if i can buy a new 3 door XT3 auto, the reply was "sorry sir, none available ", not taking this as gospel, i contacted Toyota GB, and it turns out to be correct, "The XT3 3 door is in very short supply, as a limited addition model is due out in late July".

As it turns out, funds didn't stretch to new, so i looked up used models on Toyota GB site, and to my suprise there were only about 25 available up and down the county, so it seems its a bit of a rare model B) .

You do see quite a few NRG's coming on the market ,but not XT3's, i just hope the limited models are not a cracking looking motors, and i could have found a bit more cash......time will tell :) .

It is only a few months away (October) when the 3rd Generation RAV4 is due to be launched in Japan and introduced probably early next year in UK/Europe so it would make sense that production is slowing down and I presume it can't be far away when production of the current (2nd Generation) will stop and this limited edition model could well be last batch of 3 Door / 5 Door models.

These limited edition models are either a true limited edition model or limited edition model with parts bin exercise of adding cheap addon accessories to shift the last of old stock. There have been both types of limited edition RAV4's over the years. IMHO there were far too many limited edition models of RAV4 with the 1st Generation RAV4 I am glad Toyota GB this time have keep it down to just to just two.

The generation 1 Rav4, will go down in history as having the most limited editions ever ! :D :D .

I would think the gen 2 facelift limited model, will be a parts bin clearout jobby ;) .

The generation 1 Rav4, will go down in history as having the most limited editions ever ! :D  :D .

I would think the gen 2 facelift limited model, will be a parts bin clearout jobby ;) .

or a 2.2 diesel 150 bhp ;)

When i made inquires at my local dealer a few weeks back, and asked if i can buy a new 3 door XT3 auto, the reply was "sorry sir, none available ", not taking this as gospel, i contacted Toyota GB, and it turns out to be correct, "The XT3 3 door is in very short supply, as a limited addition model is due out in late July".

As it turns out, funds didn't stretch to new, so i looked up used models on Toyota GB site, and to my suprise there were only about 25 available up and down the county, so it seems its a bit of a rare model B) .

You do see quite a few NRG's coming on the market ,but not XT3's, i just hope the limited models are not a cracking looking motors, and i could have found a bit more cash......time will tell  :) .

Looks like a limited edition is out.... http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/news/publish/Rav_XT-R.shtml

(Good value, but I'm pleased with my Granite extras - particularly the 17inch wheels)

Hmmm....when i asked the salesman about the new limited model, he seem to think it would be cheaper than the current standard range...WRONG, a 3 door rav4 with auto gearbox will now cost £18995.00, the XT3 only costing £18295.00 ;) .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links