Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What A **** Day...

TheNissanMan

God am I knackered....

The day started out OK (although early) arriving at Scot's at 8am to pop down to our ever so friendly Octagon Reading (if your viewing the site thanks guys) to pick up some pieces for the '73 Celica, and a Exhaust Support Bush for my Mk2 MR2, form there a quick thrash upto the Engine place just outside Chipping Norton where Scot is having all the Block/Head work done to drop bits off, see the progress (photo's tomorrow or Monday) and back to Scots.

I started working on the exhaust top fix the blowing which was believed to be by the fire rings being the wrong size and all seemed to go OK (Oh how little did we know), then the fun began !!!!

The back box and de-cat pipe could not have come off any easier, few bolts and 40 mins everything stripped, cleaned and back together fitting as snug as a bug in a rug, but.... It was still blowing :ffs:

After a closer inspection while the car was backed up on the ramps I noticed a stud was missing from between the flexi pipe and exhaust manifold and a 4mm gap visable (guess that's the blow then), We took the heat shield off and tried with all our might to get the nuts off... First no problem, second... a thread had broken and screwed the nut, it eventually took an air chisel to get the thing off in a couple of pieces (still it came off though...

Next was trying to get the stud out, with some wacky tool that one of the neighbours had we managed to get it turning (and started to get excited, DOH!!!) The Stud decided to snap in half :ffs: :censor: :censor: :ffs:

out comes the drill (it's now beginning to show it's been a long day) we're in the process of drilling it out, the car is staying on the ramps over night before I do something silly to the car, unfortunately this isn't where the fun ends !!!

5 mins after leaving Scot's the temp guage on the Mk1 shot through the roof, we'ld only just topped the coolant up ffs, turns out there was an air blockage somewhere in the system, being knackerd and not being :censor: , we took the easy route out, pour a couple of watering cans full of water straight into the rad cap and squeeze a few hoses... Got me home although not sure how long she'll last !!!

Whoever said working on cars was fun and enjoyable deserves a bullet !!!!

Nite all....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links