Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Photo Competition

Matthew_McNally

Sometime in the future, we shall be running a photograph competiton.

We intend to make an Official Toyota Owners Club 2004 Calendar - so obviously, we will need 12 nice photographs of Toyotas to go in it!

The competition will be the 12 best photographs of a members Toyota will be featured in the calendar.

The exact details and rules will be published closer to the time - however we are coming up to the "nice weather" part of the year, and I know you guys are gonna want to get at least three coats of polish / wax down, and gonna want to take photo's on a nice sunny day - so we can really see the shine! B) B)

So - this thread is sort of an advance warning - so you can start perparing and getting your photo's ready.

The rules will roughly be

- its a photo competition - not a car competition. Best photos will win - not the "best cars".

- your photograph will become the property of TOC. We intend to sell the calendars - by entering a photo, you give us rights to sell the image etc etc, without royalties.

- the photo should feature www.toyotaownersclub.com somewhere on it.

It would be nice to have a good range of models too.

The other purpose of the thread is to gather some feedback on the idea - what do you think?

'the photo should feature www.toyotaownersclub.com somewhere on it.'

So you require a photoshop pic with text or do you mean a window sticker or card?

i'm thinking that they're gonna slap TOC on the pic somewhere, but igf you have a really good photo and you'd like a TOC club sticker placed in the window then i can do it for you ;) be a shame to waste a good piccy.

What about oldest to the newest? show the different ranges through the years? its just that im taking good photos of other peoples cars (that end up on their avatar :D :D :D ) and none of mine :eek::crybaby::eek::crybaby::eek::crybaby::eek::crybaby:

What about oldest to the newest? show the different ranges through the years? its just that im taking good photos of other peoples cars (that end up on their avatar :D :D :D ) and none of mine :eek::crybaby::eek::crybaby::eek::crybaby::eek::crybaby:

Don't know what you mean Scott ;)

'the photo should feature www.toyotaownersclub.com somewhere on it.'

So you require a photoshop pic with text or do you mean a window sticker or card?

You can 'chop it on, or get your window sticker into the photo - or you could be in the photo wearing a Toyota Owners Club T Shirt

all the photos must have the URL on them - so that no matter what page is open, the club URL can be seen.

How it gets there is up to you ;)

Okay, painted across the naked stomach of the bikini-clad women that's going to be lying across the bonnet....

(might just get in then :D )

Have u guys done that nude modeling then? errr i'll rephrase that.... have u got those naked women on your bonet yet..... or, was that just your girlfriend fidgits with a shammy?

thats a good idea but sont fancy seeing too many piccies with naked flesh allover it unless its about 20, female, and well proportioned......no affence ment to our lady members........ :thumbsup:

Have u guys done that nude modeling then? errr i'll rephrase that.... have u got those naked women on your bonet yet..... or, was that just your girlfriend fidgits with a shammy?

I wouldn't get the girlfirend to do it... I have female friends that look a lot better in bikinis... just got to convince them to take part... :thumbsup:

I wouldn't get the girlfirend to do it... I have female friends that look a lot better in bikinis... just got to convince them to take part... :thumbsup:

Ha... i cant believe u said that! what if she looks at this thread :D

A couple of standard unwritten "rules" in the photographic industry for taking car photos like this are:

1. Remove the Tax Disc. It instantly dates the photo if left on.

2. Remove or cover number plate. For the same reasons you would at cars meets and again can date the picture.

3. Make sure there is no annoying obstructions in the background (a person walking past or a house, for example).

Use good quality camera film or a good digital camera to achieve best colours and maximum resolution for reprographic purposes. The slower the film the better (i.e. 100 iso would produce a sharper picture than 400 iso).

Oh, and for the girls on the hood - no wrinkle on ankles caused by wearing socks. Make sure they are not uncomfortable (cause it shows in the pics) and watch the "Julia Roberts" look. :P :D :lol::lol::lol:

I'm up for it....now wheres that camera :D

Decided I am going to pose on my own car, trying to bend over backwards, wearing a pair of knee high socks (to hide those wrinkles). ;)

I'm up for it....now wheres that camera :D

oh dear a picture of Dawesy bent over his rolla.........

not sure i'm ready for that. :blink:

gonna have to make a trip off into the country somewhere then, hmmmm

around oxford easy, we could even get photo's with a couple of the cars together, lol a toc photo meet :)