Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Filter

sjrainsford

Has anyone fitted an induction kit or free flow panel filter like a K&N one? I presume there is a TTE kit too. Of course TTE would be nice being a little more OEM sort of thing.

Was wondering if it made a positive impact on fuel consumption etc. Having had a look at the ducting and filter set up on mine, it looks like it could be better.

Thanks all in advance! :thumbsup:

I couldn't wait!

I've bought a K&N replacement panel filter to start with, it was under 50 quid so i'll give it a try.

I'm still interested in how people have got on though. Particularly in performance increases and fuel consumption etc. My main concern with induction kits is they seem noisy, but I know they perform better than panel filters.

What a decision! :blink:

I had a HKS panel filter on my generation 1 rav4 ( 1994 shape ) , but can't say i noticed any difference in performance or noise, but the HKS sticker looked good on the back door B) .

Ran a K&N panel filter in my '96 3dr RAV, then in my Lexus and now in my 04 Granite.

In the RAV's it seems to improve the throttle response and makes motorway driving a little nippier and in the Lex it did the same with a really nice induction roar just around 4,500rpm.

Overall it does not make any difference to mpg - and I am sure the improvements are only in my imagination but it's a mod and I like mods ... :D

Well, after driving with it for a few days it seems to make quite a difference.

The most noticable time is when using the aircon, before the filter was fitted the aircon really seemed to choke the engine of it's power. But now, it seems to pull better.

It was worth it I think! The car feels like it should do now really. But you still notice the car's weight!

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links