Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Car To Get Next?

Fizz

right then... i want a little info as to what to get next after i sell my current beloved Celica...

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ST&f=23&t=3840&

I have seen the following cars of interest to me... and well.. i just wanna get some input for reasons 'for' & 'against' buying the following...

Toyota MR2 2.0GT around a H/J plate...

VW Corrado 1.8 16 Valve around the same year

and finally i have even seen a few

Nissan 200sx turbo's running about which sound tempting...

what do you guys think? and do you think i should stick to a newer Celica than the one i got now...?

Corrado - love that shape but its most likely gonna be over priced for what it is...

Celica - only against has to be the 'been there, done that' feeling as you've already had one...

200SX - Touring 96/7 N/P reg really nice & rare, older one's look a bit dated now...

Thats just what I reckon off the top of my head! Prob not any help!! :rolleyes: :)

apart from the biased lad... what do peeps think of the MR2?

My cousin had a import MR2 Turbo on a H plate which i loved to bits but man did that car handle like a !Removed! in the wet...

I mean you could set of from a standing start slowly in the wet and the rear wheels would spin without you even knowing...

And what do you guys make of my motor?... do you reckon i will have probs sellin it for £1400...?

My pal had a MR2 import , it was a turbo, !Removed! nice car, didn't handle well in wet...or dry! It was too twitchy, especially as u had a GT4!! The other down point is that u can only show off the beast to 1 mate at a time!! You considered a Honda Prelude 2.2 V-tec?? %$(in fast and classy drive, it was my second choice! :thumbsup:

Mr2 in the wet is fine as long as you have decent rubber on her and even better if you put 16's on, I've neveer had a problem or really put the back out (OK before someone says it apart from coming out of the chicane at combe in the damp but thats different)...

I guess it's just getting the car setup right, it's a mid engine, rear wheel drive car which will handle superbly as long as you don't skimp on the rubber, a lot of people do !!

MR2's are widely available and there is a lot of support out for them, am tempted to write another essay post on them but would only bore you I'm sure, can't go wrong with an MR2....

I'm with rhaines on this one... the MR2 is the most exciting drive I have ever had. Its a comfortable car with many toys. I have never looked back.

True the car can get out of shape in the wet but part of the fun is getting to know the cars limits, then you know how to drive it well.

Plus you would be sticking to Toyota too.

it's fine in the wet put 16's and good rubber on, never had a problem in the wet.....

Ice, thats a different story....

I was only talking about the Turbo being a bit dodgy in the wet! The N/A would be great! :thumbsup:

I've neveer had a problem or really put the back out (OK before someone says it apart from coming out of the chicane at combe in the damp but thats different)...

Ryan...

That wasn't getting the back end out a bit... that was a 720 spin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd get the MR2 :thumbsup: , cos the fat bloke from max power has a corrado :lol:

no you see.. i neva knew that.. but since you mention it.. i wont be gettin the Corrado... :P

I was only talking about the Turbo being a bit dodgy in the wet! The N/A would be great! :thumbsup:

no point me choosin just yet till you guys help find me a buyer for my current car... :hokus-pokus: :P

Sorry, you might not of heard me....

GET AN IS200!!!!!!!!!

well.. ok.. i will if you sell me yours for £2k.. or get some other plonker who knows notin about the value of things to sell me one.. or better yet...

swap me for my Celica... Are you stupid enough to swap with me? :yes::lol:

Sorry, you might not of heard me....

GET AN IS200!!!!!!!!!

well.. ok.. i will if you sell me yours for £2k.. or get some other plonker who knows notin about the value of things to sell me one.. or better yet...

swap me for my Celica... Are you stupid enough to swap with me? :yes::lol:

hmmm... okay, your budget is 2K.... perhaps consider a MR2 :unsure:

considered a 2.2 Prelude?????????????????????

As tempting as they seem... and i know your gonna find this next statement strange since i'm considering the Corrado...

BUT..

the prelude in the shape i can afford seems a bit boxy... :P