Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My New Motor.

Uncle Bob

At last...Took delivery of my Rav4 today, bit sorry to see the Lexus is200 go, but hey ....time to move on :) .

She's a Jan 2004 on a 53 plate, Lagoon Blue, auto ,with so far no extras,hope to put that right very soon :) .

gallery_392_179_1119443746.jpg

Very nice - good to see a fellow IS200 owner doing the same thing !!

Hope you enjoy the RAV - the torque is nice and relaxing after the IS that's for sure :)

Very nice - good to see a fellow IS200 owner doing the same thing !!

Hope you enjoy the RAV - the torque is nice and relaxing after the IS that's for sure  :)

I think there are a few of us on here ,that have made the change :) , i would say the Rav is as well screwed together as the IS200, what made you change?.

Had a 3dr RAV - had a son (well not me myself but wife did :P ) - ran out of space for buggies and stuff - got IS200.

Ran it for 3 years - great fun - will always be pleased I had it and still love the design - but got fed up with the running costs - mainly tyres and servicing and it was just past the 80k with the belt and big service looming.

Always liked the RAV but wanted one with the wider arches etc - not available when we changed to the Lex unless VX - and that was too dear.

No all RAV's have the arches and got mine at 6 months old / 7k miles for a very good price ex-demo.

Oh - and my local dealer is literally at the end of my road whereas Lexus are in Southampton or Guildford - both an hour away.

Just had my 10k service on the RAV and paid £72 using my own Mobil 1 - my Lexus 40k service cost £700 after a "discussion and discount" session so no comparison in my book.

Now getting used to a more relaxing drive - nice to have some torque again and more suitable to all the country lanes / trips out round this way.

Sorry - that got a bit long didn't it :D

What made you change ?

Had a 3dr RAV - had a son (well not me myself but wife did  :P ) - ran out of space for buggies and stuff - got IS200.

Ran it for 3 years - great fun - will always be pleased I had it and still love the design - but got fed up with the running costs - mainly tyres and servicing and it was just past the 80k with the belt and big service looming.

Always liked the RAV but wanted one with the wider arches etc - not available when we changed to the Lex unless VX - and that was too dear.

No all RAV's have the arches and got mine at 6 months old / 7k miles for a very good price ex-demo.

Oh - and my local dealer is literally at the end of my road whereas Lexus are in Southampton or Guildford - both an hour away.

Just had my 10k service on the RAV and paid £72 using my own Mobil 1 - my Lexus 40k service cost £700 after a "discussion and discount" session so no comparison in my book.

Now getting used to a more relaxing drive - nice to have some torque again and more suitable to all the country lanes / trips out round this way.

Sorry - that got a bit long didn't it  :D

What made you change ?

As you may of read in other threads, i have two special need sons in wheel chairs, and when a wheelchair is folded up ,it fits in the back of the Rav :) , and the wife also wanted a smaller car and one she car curb the alloys on :lol::lol::lol: ;)

Missed the other threads - neat that the kit fits.

Yeah - forgot the alloy kerbing bit - only did it twice - when I first got it and within a month of it going - gutted both times.

Still can't believe how quick the RAV is at lower speeds - really thought I would miss the Lex but the lack of torque really did make town / lane driving a pain !

Now with the TTE exhaust I have a nice sound-track too !!

Missed the other threads - neat that the kit fits.

Yeah - forgot the alloy kerbing bit - only did it twice - when I first got it and within a month of it going - gutted both times.

Still can't believe how quick the RAV is at lower speeds - really thought I would miss the Lex but the lack of torque really did make town / lane driving a pain !

Now with the TTE exhaust I have a nice sound-track too !!

Yes the Rav4 is faster than my old IS200 ( both auto's ), i to, damaged an alloy,was gutted ;) , still that in in the past now :) , driving the Rav, my eyes are glued to the fuel consumption display :lol::yes: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links