Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Comparison

walsh_dja

:help:

I own a 2 ltr 1992 Carina II Gli exec and I'm really quite happy with. It is a good all round car. I recently made equiries about upgrading the cars performance and i was told that there is not a lot you can do with this engine. However I have also heard that the engine in an MR2 from the same year would fit. Is this true ? can anyone help ?

Cheers

The carina uses a 3s-FE engine probablu the 138 bhp

The MR2 has the 3s FE engine (same as above) and a 3s-GE putting out 160 bhp (someone will post the right bhp)

I dont know if the engines will straight swap but it's unlikely to have two different gearboxes, but they could have a 2.0l and a 1.6 version

You will also need to consider the electrics for the engine management.

Sorry I cant be of more help but these this club has some very knowledgable dudes on it so I am sure you will get more info

The carina uses a 3s-FE engine probablu the 138 bhp

The MR2 has the 3s FE engine (same as above) and a 3s-GE putting out 160 bhp (someone will post the right bhp)

I dont know if the engines will straight swap but it's unlikely to have two different gearboxes, but they could have a 2.0l and a 1.6 version

You will also need to consider the electrics for the engine management.

Sorry I cant be of more help but these this club has some very knowledgable dudes on it so I am sure you will get more info

Thanks, that's more info than i had before !!

3 engines .. all the "3s" series

Fe- economy head .. 120-130 bhp

Ge- performance head .. 155-175bhp

GTe- performance and turbo .. 225-245bhp

The whole thing can be swapped, but take the g'box as the turbo will tear through an NA box very easy ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links