Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modding

Lia TOC

Oh, and welcome by the way. Initiation process demands you take some revealing pics of yourself, and post them on here for me, err.... I mean, all of us to enjoy... :D

You sad sad man..... :ph34r:

If you can think of better ways of entertaining me, I'd like to hear them!!!

:D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CAMSHAFT

• KidKoala

• Gnome

• silvasurfa

that pile you drive eaa NO :P ,RossP from Cyprus, he his doing it bit by bit and now he has a sweet car

I forgot about RossP

Sorry :blink:

would not want to give you a big head of anything :lol::thumbsup::drool::drool:

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Welcome, Lia.

There's a lot of sensible advice in this thread. If I were you I'd go with Jaxx's idea. Save up for some alloy wheels. It will make the most dramatic change to your car possible. My last Yaris had steelies but they lasted three weeks before I changed them for alloys. Totally changed the look of the car. :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:

Loads and loads of good advice there...

Keep an eye out on here and on e-bay for bargains. So far I've managed to buy TTE springs and a TTE spoiler for huge savings thanks to the folk here. They are suble but make the world of difference!

Have fun and I hope we'll keep seeing you around :thumbsup:

A

Hiya, Welcome aboard!!

I've added Devil Horns and a Yaris Richbrook Tax Disc holder to my Yaris Blue as "mods" - horns cost £4.50 (thanks to Kimi for those) and the Tax disc holder cost me around £15 in March 2004 when I got my Yaris T3 - neither of those affect insurance either which is a bonus.

I really want a TTE spoiler and headlight brows - spoiler costs over £100 (cant remember the exact figures) which I am determined to get one day..I work full time but am in desperate need of getting some savings together which is why I'm not going for the spoiler yet anyway.

The garages are good for a browse, see what other people have done and get idea's from that ;)

Blue

As camshaft says, mine is starting to take shape slowly. Wass a standard Vitz to start with but had a couple of extras such a colour coded bumpers etc, which saved a bit of cash. All in all though, I do believe that the mods i'm putting on/in my car are quality ones (I feel my head getting bigger). I've had some bargains as well, but just be careful you don't get stung :ffs: I would say check my garage, but it REALLY needs updating now!

erm, debadge, paint calipers and drums a nice low key silver (yes youve got trims but cheap mod ready for when you get wheels, ad your drums are probably rusting, erm a spoiler always looks good try eBay, wheels can be picked up 2nd hand with tyres for a touch under 100 quid, lowering makes a big differance bringing the whole car closer to the ground like a bodykit, springs are around 100 plus fitting,

and as for doing stuff cheap i do everythig on the cheap and think it looks good for it!

If you are on a budget, why would you want to waste all that money on ugly expensive lexus lights that every chavmobile has fitted these days?

In responce that sarcasit comment...

THEY ARE THE ONLY !Removed! THING I CAN AFFORD AFTER SPEND £4.500 ON MY YARIS!!!!

WHICH I WOULD RATHER HAVE THAN NO CAR AT ALL!

:rolleyes:

Not quite sure where you get the impression that that was sarcastic from in the least, however I assure you I am not being sarcastic.

What advantages do some tacky light clusters give you that everyone has on their car? They look garish and cheap IMO, as well as common.

You said yourself you are on a budget, so in all seriousness why waste nearly £200 of your hard earned on some light clusters?

I don't have a problem with expressing my opinions, if others don't like them then they can simply ignore them, but I am fairly certain I am not the only one on here who is tired of seeing people driving about in a standard car running on dirty hubcaps, with just lexus rear clusters and a silver shopping list down the side of the front doors. It makes me laugh when I see cars so poorly modified.

If I were you I would first of all buy a half decent head unit, and some nice Speakers, I can't go without my music in any car I own, this is always the first thing I do.

Then after that, I'd buy a set of alloy wheels, they will vastly improve the look of your car, and may improve the handling a little too (depending on what alloys you buy). Then I'd look at lowering springs as previously suggested, possibly with uprated shocks depending on what you want from the car performance wise.

A nice clean and tidy car, with some half decent alloys filling the arches from lowering looks absolutely fine, but a standard car with stick on plastic bits just looks like a shed IMHO.

l8ers ;)

i know what your saying but i like the lexus lights on a yaris and just by fitting lexus lights shouldnt put you into that category! These are the only set of lexus lights i have seen that suit a car and imo they do so i dont worry about what others say! There are lots of fine specimens of yari on here and just because they have lexus lights on them doesnt make them worse in any way! they can suit the car really well! You may not like the lights but that in no way reflects the person that drives the car they are on! if it is a saxo or corsa with them on you already know who the stereoptypical driver will be but with the yaris it is a more individual car! i no the lexus lights arent very individual but on the yaris they look different to all the other sets of "lexus" lights out there! on a 306 etc. they look awful! on a yaris they are a nice tidy cluster set that is clean and sharp looking. Just because they are common doesnt mean you shouldnt buy them! not all common things are bad! lifes too short to always try to be original just for the sake of being original (reminds you all of the very "original" wide arched yaris!) Common and original can both be bad things! but its what the driver of the car actually likes! if you dont like them you dont have to rant on at them about it! its up to them! you telling them what to like or not is not exactly the actions of an "original individual"!

Sorry for the rant! she asked a question but instead you ignore and have a go at her about her already purchased lights!? Constructive... i think not! :P

As said before brows, spoiler, horns, new headlamps and silver sidelights are all little mods that tidy the car up a treat for little money! :D Good luck and just make sure you keep us updated on the progress!

Hold on a moment, before spouting off at me :thumbsup

I didn't say that fitting lexus lights reflects the kind of person that drives the car, so show me where I said that please??

And you are contradicting yourself anyhow

if it is a saxo or corsa with them on you already know who the stereoptypical driver will be

You are the one who is stereotyping people, not me, and I laugh in your face when you suggest that just because it is a yaris the people who own them are so different :lol:

I'm sure if you went to a Corsa or Saxo enthusiasts forum you'd get exactly the same response, we like them, they look good on our cars. You are the one suggesting that the type of car reflects the owner :thumbsup:

if you dont like them you dont have to rant on at them about it! its up to them! you telling them what to like or not is not exactly the actions of an "original individual"!
You are talking more crap here too.

She asked for opinions on what she should do to mod her car on a budget, and I gave my opinion, and i stated that it was my opinion, I really couldn't care less if she chooses to use my suggestions or not.

What the hell is the point in this thread if no one is allowed to reply with their opinions? Maybe you should think about what you post, before you post it.

Sorry for the rant! she asked a question but instead you ignore and have a go at her about her already purchased lights!? Constructive... i think not!

Where did I ignore her and have a go at her about her lights??? If you read her post properly, you will notice she said "I'm getting", hence she hasn't actually got them yet :rolleyes: I was simply suggesting that she doesn't spend the mony on these just yet, and there are more important things that should be purchased before light clusters (for example alloy wheels and lowering springs).

I think you will find that my post was perfectly constructive, and you are just upset that you've wasted your money on lexus lights too :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Ok misunderstanding and bad wording on my half! just sounded like you were screwin at her because of her own choice and then trying to make out you were more individual for not owning lexus lights! Also that anyone that does is like the people you talk about who mod badly and drive around in dirty cars (if you werent trying to liken her to them then why did you mention those people at all?) i dont own lexus lights though. And sorry i was under the impression that she had already brought them!

Overall sorry i will try to understand your posts better before i reply! my fault!

lads will ye relax, to be honest i`d love a ban on topics on lexus lights at least once a week there is a fight over them, right each to there own if you like them put them on if not don`t, but will ye all stop fighting over such a simple thing, i`m all for people option but this is dragging on and on.

EDIT: sorry ye have stopped before i posted this

I wasn't !Removed! at anyone, I said in my post that it is my opinion, and I couldn't care less if she decides to use my ideas or not.

I think I made myself quite clear really, in that I think it is a poor idea to spend money on light clusters, when the basic mod of alloy wheels and lowering springs has not yet been carried out. I said that I think it looks awful when I see a completely standard car with just lexus light clusters - and I think most people will agree with this, infact most of my friends who are into modified cars would point and laugh at any car that has been this poorly modified.

I really fail to see what you are getting at there, I've not tried to "liken" anyone to anyone, I didn't infact mention these people you talk about, I mentioned poorly modified cars, not their owners.

lads will ye relax, to be honest i`d love a ban on topics on lexus lights at least once a week there is a fight over them, right each to there own if you like them put them on if not don`t, but will ye all stop fighting over such a simple thing, i`m all for people option but this is dragging on and on.

EDIT: sorry ye have stopped before i posted this

No one is fighting over anything, we are simply giving our opinions about how she should modify her car. What would be the point in this thread, and this entire forum if people weren't allowed to express their views?

If I don't like lexus clusters, why should I keep my mouth shut and keep my suggestions to myself? This isn't a lexus cluster forum, its a Yaris forum.

Anyone seen those toyota clusters available for Lexi?!

yeh sorry guys didnt mean argument! i totally up for opinions sorry about before! koala thats cool i get you now! sorry i didnt understand you! my fault like i said! i werent being personal just got angry when people have a go at people for their opinion! i understand you WERENT doing that so i was in the wrong sorry! But yeh good luck to you girl and whatever mods you do some will like and others wont, just do what ya want!

hey right if you read my tread i never said that you keep your mouth shut i did say

i`m all for people option

but

this is dragging on and on.

as in the constant fighting over lexus lights, and as you said yourself

how she should modify her car

so if she likes them let her make here own mind up, what i said is i`m sick of people every week fighting over lexus light not that you couldn`t express your option

EDIT sorry i can`t spell opinion and not option :wacko:

In suggesting a ban on topics relating to Lexus lights, you have indirectly suggested that I should withhold my comments on this subject, hence asking me to keep my mouth shut ;)

If you are all for opinions, then you have to accept that I will give my opinion in its entirity, and not withhold the parts that discuss lexus lights ;)

In suggesting a ban on topics relating to Lexus lights, you have indirectly suggested that I should withhold my comments on this subject, hence asking me to keep my mouth shut ;)

If you are all for opinions, then you have to accept that I will give my opinion in its entirity, and not withhold the parts that discuss lexus lights ;)

lad i`m not trying to single you out at all and not tell directly or indirectly to shut up. i`m just expressing my opinion :lol: that i sick of reading about fights over lexus lights thats all week in week out, it was not a shoot at you personally :thumbsup:

Safe  :thumbsup:

what :)

Safe  :thumbsup:

what :)

:rolleyes: you know what he's sayin...

am i just being slow :(

i believe he's extending the olive branch via the gift of 'street talk'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links