Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Work

Rookey

I seem to have a problem with my jobs! :lol:

It is about every 6 months that I get extremely bored or annoyed with one/some members of staff that I work with .. I didn't set the time scale .. it just is :)

Now, I started the job I am in now on the 28th December 2004 .. it is now the 30th June and I just wana go. What do you people do to give you the enthusiasm to stay on?!?

I'm so :censor: bored of this place and it's fake "everything is dandy" attitude, but my mind is telling me not to leave and to stick it out as I have only stayed in the last 3-4 jobs about 6 months!

So, the general question is, what drives you guys to work to see if I can take any of those ideas :)

Dave

Money......

Plus the couple of hot girls who work at our place too...

Manager is real easy to work with too, down to earth, but drives a seat...

:D

Ive been in my job for a year and i want out now! its just gone down hill very fast!

I have the same problem with the fake attitude! it drives me up the wall!

i left my last job after a year aswell as things went down hill!

Where as he has been in his job for nearly 4years! he goes in on his day off and sometimes when he books days off! He just loves his job! i wish i had his enthusiasm!

As my other half says "after the first year it all goes down hill" lets just hope hes not talking about me!

Atleast I'm not on my own then!

Just everything here is SO annoying! I can't leave because I have bills to pay etc, but oh man there have been some times (primarily today) that I just wanted to walk out :ffs:

Je déteste mon travail et le peuple que je travaille avec!

Just everything here is SO annoying! I can't leave because I have bills to pay etc, but oh man there have been some times (primarily today) that I just wanted to walk out :ffs:

french?! my way must be different to that! mainly "F*** off"!

yea i cant leave due to the same reasons :( its pretty crappy

french?! my way must be different to that! mainly "F*** off"!

yea i cant leave due to the same reasons :( its pretty crappy

Not long till I'm a rock star now so all will be good!:lol:

Just need to stick this out for a bit longer!

And getting angry in french always sounds better than english!hehe :P

Quick and easy light relief - have email convos with all your mates... whoops I forgot, you already do!!! :D

It's tough getting the motivation when a job becomes dull, but I think you'd go just as stir crazy if you were stuck at home without one.

Just look at it as a means to provide beer, car and band money at the end of the month. :thumbsup:

The people are superb at my place (plus ability to let me post on this forum :D ).

Plus if I left I doubt any other establishment/firm/industry would want me (to set in my ways!) :lol:

Motivation = Money ..

And I need more motivation ..

my jobs pants, boring, the people i work with are all idiots (well there is some decent ones), the gaffers are morons, and theres no enthusiasm for them to help your travel furthar through the company

but very well paid! although... underpaid! as i can get the same job for a few quid more elsewhere but ill have to travel and my current job is 10mins away! as opposed to 45mins!

Find a job that you really enjoy, I look forward (most mornings) to going into work, I get on with all the peeps that I work with and we all have a laugh plus the money is a bonus but the long hours can be a killer, you need job satisfaction its what makes the world go round :unsure:

I've been tempted to get another job for over a month, but I do a 4 day week due to the long hours I do when I'm there for the same money as I used to get when I did a 5 day week. Also it's 11 miles up the road with a good journey and no traffic hold-ups. It pays all the bills that I have at the moment, I get on well with everyone, I know what I am talking about and get to "work with" cars and driving which I really enjoy...

Apart from that I hate it! I could quite easily get bored but I dont let myself - at the moment if I get a quiet minute I brush up on my highway code knowledge!! :lol::lol:

Why do I go to work.....

Well I'm fortunate to work for a great, young, new company with lots of fresh ideas who really appreciate every single staff member and actually listen to peoples ideas and take them on board - we are working on several of my ideas right now and its nice to know I'm working for people who believe in me and see the skills I have and look past my job title, because in most places, you are what you are and thats all you are, but where I work they know I'm good-ish with IT, so they are using those skills and I'm happy to give them!

Ok so I rant about the people I work with because some people pee me off, but generally I have a good laugh at work, get on well with everyone and I really enjoy getting up in the morning to go! Its currently 3 miles away from where I live so totally convenient and the company is moving even closer very soon!

Plus theres nothing like working for a company when, on a Friday afternoon at 3pm, the MD comes round and says "We've had a great week - lets go to the pub, drinks are on me!" :thumbsup:

Makes you sick doesnt it! lol :lol:

Oh and pay packet plus lovely whopping bonus this month has helped my mood dramatically - even though the tax man took a load off me and I've almost spent all the rest! :lol:

I cant completely understand where you're coming from Dave - before this job I had bitty jobs, 6 months here, 4 months there - and I hated them, but now I feel I've found a job for life! Never get stuck in a job you hate - lifes too short mate! The job for you is right round the corner! :yes:

Steel erecting...you can see what youve built plus moving around to different places....then driving uk & eu....2 jobs I really looked forward to going to. :)

Work = money = cars :D

thats it really :rolleyes:

I like Kimi's view...

I've been in my job 3 and a bit years now and its starting to hack me off, but I get on really well with the people I work with (I'm off to my boss's until tomorrow to help him lay a path :) ) and I know we're busy so I don't really want to leave them in the lurch.

I haven't told him yet, but I am looking and applying for new jobs. I hate to think of the look on his face when I do. :(

No... there's nowhere for me to go in the company and it would be the right thing to do :yes:

so! Anybody need a product/industrial designer? :lol:

A

Been atr mine 10 and a half years. I only took a year off uni to make a bit of cash and im still stuck in the same ruddy job!!! :angry:

If you wanna move jobs do it mate...wish I could but theres nothing around at the mo i want to do.

Work = money = cars  :D

thats it really  :rolleyes:

Hmm I like that view a lot..might make myself a sign so when I get fed up it gives me a kick up the backside to keep on going :lol::lol:

well i have worked in the same place for nearly 5 years now. i the same shop doin customers service. and i am completly brassed off with it. im sick and tired of customers comin and shoutin at me as tho it is my fault they their ****ty appliance has broken down. and i work with some right idiots. dont get me wrong there are some parts of the job which i really like. but ive just had enough. hopefully in the next couple of weeks i will have heard somethin about another job. more money better hours and i get bank holidays and xmas off. which i havent seen in 5 years

well i have worked in the same place for nearly 5 years now. i the same shop doin customers service. and i am completly brassed off with it. im sick and tired of customers comin and shoutin at me as tho it is my fault they their ****ty appliance has broken down. and i work with some right idiots. dont get me wrong there are some parts of the job which i really like. but ive just had enough. hopefully in the next couple of weeks i will have heard somethin about another job. more money better hours and i get bank holidays and xmas off. which i havent seen in 5 years

Can relate to that totally - retail is awful - you get treated like scum and you only get Christmas Day & New Years Day off - you have to work over Christmas because on Boxing Day the sale always starts.....

Hated retail - I really hope you get this new job Chris because I know how much retail batters you down mate! Good luck! :thumbsup:

Can relate to that totally - retail is awful - you get treated like scum and you only get Christmas Day & New Years Day off - you have to work over Christmas because on Boxing Day the sale always starts.....

Hated retail - I really hope you get this new job Chris because I know how much retail batters you down mate! Good luck! :thumbsup:

lol i even have to work new years day em :crybaby:

I've been in my current job for 8 years now. It's a good job, but has it's downside ( like all jobs ).

The main problem is some of the people I work with, but I just turn up, get on with what I'm doing, take the ***** out of anyone who deserves it , then go home.

( it does help that I have Carte Blanche at work and can do whatever I want. )

I seem to move jobs after about 18months - 2years, usually get bored and annoyed with the peeps I work with.

Luckily I love my job at the mo (been there 14months), and get on so well with all the girls. My job isnt challenging what so ever, so technically I should be bored stiff, but its the peeps around me that make me want to stay :D

Oh and I cant complain about the new plans : 35hr weeks, minimum of 4wks holiday a year, plus a pay rise ;)